Escare

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
North Leeds Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Escare

Post by North Leeds Tiger » 12 Aug 2019, 13:50

I think in seasons gone by, 1 club is normally adrift at the bottom without a hope with 4 games to go, but this season it could be any one of five - hence the turbulence

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 13 Aug 2019, 12:54

North Leeds Tiger wrote:I think in seasons gone by, 1 club is normally adrift at the bottom without a hope with 4 games to go, but this season it could be any one of five - hence the turbulence
Which is the competitiveness that we need. There's been something in most matches.

Apart from saints and Leeds, every team has something to play for which is brilliant.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 13 Aug 2019, 19:36

JIN JER wrote:
mart0042 wrote:Panic is going to cause lots of financial issues for these teams.

All this extra money has to come from somewhere. If Cas make profit, one of the rare ones. How much does wakey make if any?
Now add the wages of green, escare and tangata. Still paying the wages of the injured aswell. A costly gamble, Hull KR doing the same, London well under the cap with a millionaire backer.

Survival this year makes next year even harder, especially if Toronto come up and the extra costs.
I have absolutely no idea wages/pay off wise but generally we offload a player to bring one in.
Tanginoa-Horo
Green-Huby released
Escare-Reynolds to Leigh
Tangata-Hurst Swap
I'm guessing Wigan will pay the majority of Escare's wages.
I think all 4 improve your team. Definite upgrades based on circumstance.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Aug 2019, 23:35

I tend to agree Ronnie but my sphincter is still twitching. :)

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 14 Aug 2019, 19:49

I recon it's next year where Wakey might get a bit more worried. They'll be fine this season. London are down IMO.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 14 Aug 2019, 20:30

Tigerade wrote:I recon it's next year where Wakey might get a bit more worried. They'll be fine this season. London are down IMO.
If they keep Chester, definitely.
He’s not capable imo.
Audacter Et Sincere

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 14 Aug 2019, 22:33

Mysterio wrote:
Tigerade wrote:I recon it's next year where Wakey might get a bit more worried. They'll be fine this season. London are down IMO.
He’s not capable imo.
Better look with injuries(like us) and they're comfortable next year
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 14 Aug 2019, 22:52

the machine wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
He’s not capable imo.
Better luck with injuries(like us) and they're comfortable next year
Actually think outside the top 4, no-one can claim safety. The rate of change this year has been crazy and assuming Toronto come up, they didn't come to fail and wont.
I said on another post that the league this year (beside the top 2) has been decided on players 18-23, not 1-17, that is the new facts of life I am afraid.
Playing Knights and international means that fewer (maybe 30) players get less off-season and have more stresses staying in shape. Add in if the home nations field a tournament when GB play, they that could be 60 players from 12 teams not getting any rest from intensity. Not just the intensity of playing, but the intensity of proving ones self in training even without a game against your peers.