Egodo

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Egodo

Post by heritage1926 » 13 Aug 2019, 13:09

Castleford Tigers can confirm that Tuoyo Egodo will leave the club at the end of the 2019 season.

The winger has scored nine tries in 15 first team appearances for the Tigers but will now join Cas teammate Cory Aston in making the move to London Broncos from next year.

The London-born player previously came through the academy ranks at the Broncos before joining the Tigers and he will now return to his former club.

He said: “I’d like to say thanks to the coaches, players and staff at Castleford who I have learnt a lot from and have helped me become the player I am today.

“I would also like to say a big thank you to the Castleford fans for their continuous support over the years.”

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Egodo

Post by mart0042 » 13 Aug 2019, 13:11

Finally getting a chance but ultimately the right choice for both parties.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Aug 2019, 13:28

I still think we might regret letting him go but still does make a lot of errors so it is what it is ... anyway good luck to him in the future can see him doing well at London next season
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 13 Aug 2019, 13:48

Cheers lad, thanks for your efforts for the black and amber. All the best.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 13 Aug 2019, 14:41

Good luck he seems a genuinely nice lad but I do think it’s the right move for both club and player

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 13 Aug 2019, 15:12

Unfortunately, I do think its the right choice for both club and player. He has all the physical attributes but his skill set is so lacking that a Super League side pushing for top 4/5 can't really afford a player without the basic skills of a rugby league player. Maybe if the reserves had have been confirmed a couple of months earlier there could have been a chance of him stopping, but I wish him all the best for the future.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Aug 2019, 17:20

thanks for your efforts Tuoyo i still think you can make it to the top level, I am sorry to see you go your try scoring record for our club is good 11 trys out of 15 matches played for the first team , no one can take that away from you, good luck young fella

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 13 Aug 2019, 19:25

Sneaked a couple of extra tries gate an.
Like many on here always wanted him to come good as he does acert his physical presence.
Has shown potential unfortunately we cannot afford the luxury of seeing if that potential will fulfilled.
Thanks for your endeavours son and having the courage to follow your dreams.
Good luck for the future and l hope you make it.

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 13 Aug 2019, 20:26

Good riddance for me personally. Costs us too many tries and errors when he’s played . Hope he has a good career

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 14 Aug 2019, 00:00

Tigersbarmy wrote:Good riddance for me personally. Costs us too many tries and errors when he’s played . Hope he has a good career
So, using that analogy, we are soon to get rid of Greg Eden?

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 14 Aug 2019, 08:56

Fumper27 wrote:
Tigersbarmy wrote:Good riddance for me personally. Costs us too many tries and errors when he’s played . Hope he has a good career
thats the way i was i was thinking the lad like Eden as made a few clangers but the lad as scored some good trys using his strength, Eden when Luke was on the field like Solomona looked shear class without Luke over the last two years Eden as looked like a mill of the run winger, i dont know the statistics but in a ratio of games played over the last two years i would think Egodo comes out on top comparing the two

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 14 Aug 2019, 09:08

Let's be honest though.... As it stands next year I wouldn't play Eden or Egodo. For me Clare is out playing both and if he stays, should play with Feki.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 14 Aug 2019, 11:05

gateman wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
thats the way i was i was thinking the lad like Eden as made a few clangers but the lad as scored some good trys using his strength, Eden when Luke was on the field like Solomona looked shear class without Luke over the last two years Eden as looked like a mill of the run winger, i dont know the statistics but in a ratio of games played over the last two years i would think Egodo comes out on top comparing the two
Eden solomona and even carney made plenty of clangers but all 3 also scored a lot of tries from nothing, Egodo for me makes the same errors but the tries he gets are usually put on a plate for him like clares are.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 14 Aug 2019, 12:14

jackknife wrote:
gateman wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Eden solomona and even carney made plenty of clangers but all 3 also scored a lot of tries from nothing, Egodo for me makes the same errors but the tries he gets are usually put on a plate for him like clares are.
Never remember solomana making a lot of errors tbf.not to the same level of Eden and egodu.cracking player was Denny.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Aug 2019, 12:23

Your right mate Solomona didn't make mistakes his defence was sound ...only negative he had was he didn't make any yards from the play the ball
Vince Lombardi

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 14 Aug 2019, 13:37

tigerfeat wrote:Your right mate Solomona didn't make mistakes his defence was sound ...only negative he had was he didn't make any yards from the play the ball
...his other negative was that he proved to be a mercenary who broke his contract with the people who made him the player he became.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Aug 2019, 13:43

cogito ergo sum wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Your right mate Solomona didn't make mistakes his defence was sound ...only negative he had was he didn't make any yards from the play the ball
...his other negative was that he proved to be a mercenary who broke his contract with the people who made him the player he became.
correct ...almost added that myself
Vince Lombardi

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 14 Aug 2019, 22:47

tigerfeat wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:
correct ...almost added that myself
Isn't he anonymous, playing an anonymous club game for a team no-one cares about? Club RU is worse supported than RL week in week out.
Actually believe, in the fullness of time he will rue the day, but that dish is only served cold. Who in his current code has heard of him or recognises him?

Watched him at the Ricoh last season against wasps and the Sale fans were checking his name against the program.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 14 Aug 2019, 22:49

Luke Gale: Making wingers look good since 2015. Including Solomona.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 15 Aug 2019, 04:22

nottinghamtiger wrote:Luke Gale: Making wingers look good since 2015. Including Solomona.
bang on with that mate any winger worth his salt would have been scoring trys for fun with the service Luke gave them when he was top of his form, to me a good winger can sometimes make at try out of nothing like the two at Saints do