Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by Flat Capper » 12 Aug 2019, 17:06

Come on WF10, 130,000 dead scroates who couldn't be bothered to slave for their privilaged masters derserved all they got!
Spreading the Cas gene pool

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 12 Aug 2019, 22:14

Flat Capper wrote:Trust me old lad, once we leave it will be the likes of you bending over and saying go on, shaft as hard as you want just so long as you come and rescue us.

Whilst the white fish industry may currently suffer from their own, previoulsy greedy over fishing tactics, the (currently booming) shell fish industry in this country sells 90% of it's products to other EU countries. Any tariff system would be a severe hit but hey ho, nothing to worry about I suppose.

Less than a euro for a pound in most on-street currency exchanges at the moment and we haven't even left.

Stronger together.
OK Billy No Balls ! You and your remoaner others need to grow a pair !

You need to take a history lesson on the last 2 world wars - we have been and are being conquered and taken over by stealth ! - what Hitler couldn't achieve by force, a German influenced cartel in Brussels have and are now in charge and treating us like fools !

You lot that want to have everything given in life and not prepared to go out and work hard for the greater good like your forebears and are a pathetic, shrivelling weak kneed excuse of an existence - There's no wonder that we are in the grip of hard working countries taking over the world like China ! Bon Voyage to you and into the limited short future that you lot will come to inherit !

Stronger Together ! Give me an [Cut out the swearing] break ! French tanks only had one gear in the 2nd world war and as the Pub Landlord has described, that was reverse ! They don't give a sh.. about us ! When the chips are definitely down, you will then see how supportive and strong the EU will be together - A BIG Zero ! The cracks are already appearing !

Get your Hard Hat Ready and your Brown Underpants on as you are gonna need these when it collapses if we are still in !

Talking of which, you also need to wise up globally to what is going on in the world just now in economic and military terms and especially with AI starting to now come on board also - now that's very scary !

I'd give this planet 20 years once the climate has cut world food production down with the food chain "bottoms up" getting destroyed as we speak ! Some very radical and brave decisions will need to be made that's for sure ! I feel a big cull of people coming on from the men in the know to save this planet and we all know what that means ! Why do you think Russia and China are gearing up their military strike force just now with new nuclear strike missiles !

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 12 Aug 2019, 22:23

WF10 wrote: Austerity has been implicated in the death of 130,000 people
says who? Oh yes the left wing think tank the Institute for Public Policy Research :lol: let’s bring back the nanny state.

Typically they cite lack of education on unhealthy lifestyles and therefore an increase in deaths due to heart attacks, diabetes, lung cancer etc

That’s right we need to keep spending vast amounts of money on telling the stupid, useless and lazy that smoking, drinking and a lack of exercise is bad for you and rearing their kids on crisps, fried junk and fizzy drinks isn’t the best idea.

natural selection is a beautiful thing which shouldn’t be interfered with.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 13 Aug 2019, 10:00

alftupper wrote:
WF10 wrote: Austerity has been implicated in the death of 130,000 people
says who? Oh yes the left wing think tank the Institute for Public Policy Research :lol: let’s bring back the nanny state.

Typically they cite lack of education on unhealthy lifestyles and therefore an increase in deaths due to heart attacks, diabetes, lung cancer etc

That’s right we need to keep spending vast amounts of money on telling the stupid, useless and lazy that smoking, drinking and a lack of exercise is bad for you and rearing their kids on crisps, fried junk and fizzy drinks isn’t the best idea.

natural selection is a beautiful thing which shouldn’t be interfered with.
And the BMJ.

THEY cite "Spending constraints between 2010 and 2014 were associated with an estimated 45 368 (95% CI 34 530 to 56 206) higher than expected number of deaths compared with pre-2010 trends."

& "Projections to 2020 based on 2009-2014 trend was cumulatively linked to an estimated 152 141 (95% CI 134 597 and 169 685) additional deaths."

Also, "Deaths in those aged ≥60 and in care homes accounted for the majority."
So probably not as a result of a diet of crisps & fizzy pop?
But since they're 'stupid, useless and lazy' they probably deserve to die?

One of the authors, a Professor at Cambridge University, called it akin to 'economic murder.'
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 13 Aug 2019, 12:46

CasRus wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:Trust me old lad, once we leave it will be the likes of you bending over and saying go on, shaft as hard as you want just so long as you come and rescue us.

Whilst the white fish industry may currently suffer from their own, previoulsy greedy over fishing tactics, the (currently booming) shell fish industry in this country sells 90% of it's products to other EU countries. Any tariff system would be a severe hit but hey ho, nothing to worry about I suppose.

Less than a euro for a pound in most on-street currency exchanges at the moment and we haven't even left.

Stronger together.

You need to take a history lesson on the last 2 world wars - we have been and are being conquered and taken over by stealth ! - what Hitler couldn't achieve by force, a German influenced cartel in Brussels have and are now in charge and treating us like fools !

You lot that want to have everything given in life and not prepared to go out and work hard for the greater good like your forebears and are a pathetic, shrivelling weak kneed excuse of an existence - There's no wonder that we are in the grip of hard working countries taking over the world like China ! Bon Voyage to you and into the limited short future that you lot will come to inherit !

Stronger Together ! Give me an [Cut out the swearing] break ! French tanks only had one gear in the 2nd world war and as the Pub Landlord has described, that was reverse ! They don't give a sh.. about us ! When the chips are definitely down, you will then see how supportive and strong the EU will be together - A BIG Zero ! The cracks are already appearing !

Get your Hard Hat Ready and your Brown Underpants on as you are gonna need these when it collapses if we are still in !

Talking of which, you also need to wise up globally to what is going on in the world just now in economic and military terms and especially with AI starting to now come on board also - now that's very scary !

I'd give this planet 20 years once the climate has cut world food production down with the food chain "bottoms up" getting destroyed as we speak ! Some very radical and brave decisions will need to be made that's for sure ! I feel a big cull of people coming on from the men in the know to save this planet and we all know what that means ! Why do you think Russia and China are gearing up their military strike force just now with new nuclear strike missiles !
To be perfectly and truly honest, using the two world wars as an excuse for Brexit is not only disingenuous but also extremely disrespectful to those that had to fight. What it did teach us that unity against a single, antagonistic state cost millions of lives and that if we'd ALL been on the same side, peace would have ensued.

My Grandfather fought in WW11 and was desperate never to have to fight again.

I do not want to be given everything in life; I work hard, have supported my family since before I left school. I've fought bullies like you all my life because I refuse to let the underprivileged be left behind.

You genuinely sound like a Red Neck from the US deep south. Everybodies against me.

One thing is for certain, if humankind decides to fight against each other (your prediction), it will matter not what we do in return, the human race will be wiped out and you will have achieved nothing. I think I'll ake the most of my time here whilst I can.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 13 Aug 2019, 12:47

Oh, and I forgot; your predictions sound very much like a project fear to me. ;)

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 13 Aug 2019, 16:42

Flat Capper wrote:
CasRus wrote:

Stronger together.

To be perfectly and truly honest, using the two world wars as an excuse for Brexit is not only disingenuous but also extremely disrespectful to those that had to fight. What it did teach us that unity against a single, antagonistic state cost millions of lives and that if we'd ALL been on the same side, peace would have ensued.

I do not want to be given everything in life; I work hard, have supported my family since before I left school. I've fought bullies like you all my life because I refuse to let the underprivileged be left behind.

You genuinely sound like a Red Neck from the US deep south. Everybodies against me.

One thing is for certain, if humankind decides to fight against each other (your prediction), it will matter not what we do in return, the human race will be wiped out and you will have achieved nothing. I think I'll ake the most of my time here whilst I can.
What you do not understand either is that we initially voted in a referendum back in the 70s to join a Common Market to ease trading in a commercial aspect only - Who has ever voted to give up our laws, free movement on immigration, our fishing boundaries and the list goes on !! Precisely nobody voted for any of this and successive Governments have given away practically all our rights !! So, when we come to have this second referendum to correct and retake back our borders and rights that successive governments have given away with no democratic vote on these, then who is now being anti democratic ! It's the will of the people and what Boris and his team are trying to do is respect democracy in the second referendum and respect the vote in parliament that if they can't agree on a deal, which they didn't on May's deal, then we leave with a No Deal (Article 50).

All I see is a bunch of opportunists and "hunger for power" politicians sat on the Labour front bench voting against anything that is presented and now voting against a "No Deal" when they originally agreed to respect on in the Article 50 vote. Talk about liars and cheats, they have all got noses growing like Pinnochio and trying to cheat the democratic referendum vote. Dress it up as you will but that's reality matey ! If they all sang from the same songsheet and also supported the position of having a NO Deal you would see how quick the EU would cave in about the backstop. Instead of sabotaging our ace card which is what is going on with the remain group, why don't they get behind forcing a better deal from the EU with the threat of a NO Deal ? That's very simple to answer which is why the remain group is exactly that in their name - Anti Democratic and wanting to stay in against the majority of the population who voted to Leave.

Anyway, What's the difference on risk if we either stay in a failing EU (which it is) or leaving and taking the risk of securing trade deals around the world ? Non whatsoever and the very same risk either way !

The USA have already stated today that we will be top of the list with quick modular trading deals being quickly actioned. New Zealand and Australia and Canada are making all the right sounds also along with sub continent countries like India and also in South America.

The trouble with you remoaners is that you are "stick in the muds that won't change anything" type people when the whole world is changing and here we could have the freedom to exploit all these opportunities that are coming. Staying in the EU could leave us in a web of decay. What's wrong in looking at a glass half full than half empty like you lot do !

Back in Elizabethan times when the country was flat broke, if we didn't build ships and go out to the world we would now be sat here as a not particularly well off nation and struggling along - Time to do the same now I say - Learn from History Matey, Learn from History ! or have you lot not got a Backbone ! Moaning Wimps the lot of you !

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 13 Aug 2019, 16:51

CasRus wrote: The trouble with you remoaners is that you are "stick in the muds that won't change anything" type people when the whole world is changing and here we could have the freedom to exploit all these opportunities that are coming. Staying in the EU could leave us in a web of decay. What's wrong in looking at a glass half full than half empty like you lot do !
so true they would still have people working half a mile underground hacking at a coal seam instead of the hi tech economy we have now, thank god for Maggie

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 13 Aug 2019, 18:57

CasRus wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:
CasRus wrote:

Stronger together.

What you do not understand either is that we initially voted in a referendum back in the 70s to join a Common Market to ease trading in a commercial aspect only - Who has ever voted to give up our laws, free movement on immigration, our fishing boundaries and the list goes on !! Precisely nobody voted for any of this and successive Governments have given away practically all our rights !! So, when we come to have this second referendum to correct and retake back our borders and rights that successive governments have given away with no democratic vote on these, then who is now being anti democratic ! It's the will of the people and what Boris and his team are trying to do is respect democracy in the second referendum and respect the vote in parliament that if they can't agree on a deal, which they didn't on May's deal, then we leave with a No Deal (Article 50).

All I see is a bunch of opportunists and "hunger for power" politicians sat on the Labour front bench voting against anything that is presented and now voting against a "No Deal" when they originally agreed to respect on in the Article 50 vote. Talk about liars and cheats, they have all got noses growing like Pinnochio and trying to cheat the democratic referendum vote. Dress it up as you will but that's reality matey ! If they all sang from the same songsheet and also supported the position of having a NO Deal you would see how quick the EU would cave in about the backstop. Instead of sabotaging our ace card which is what is going on with the remain group, why don't they get behind forcing a better deal from the EU with the threat of a NO Deal ? That's very simple to answer which is why the remain group is exactly that in their name - Anti Democratic and wanting to stay in against the majority of the population who voted to Leave.

Anyway, What's the difference on risk if we either stay in a failing EU (which it is) or leaving and taking the risk of securing trade deals around the world ? Non whatsoever and the very same risk either way !

The USA have already stated today that we will be top of the list with quick modular trading deals being quickly actioned. New Zealand and Australia and Canada are making all the right sounds also along with sub continent countries like India and also in South America.

The trouble with you remoaners is that you are "stick in the muds that won't change anything" type people when the whole world is changing and here we could have the freedom to exploit all these opportunities that are coming. Staying in the EU could leave us in a web of decay. What's wrong in looking at a glass half full than half empty like you lot do !

Back in Elizabethan times when the country was flat broke, if we didn't build ships and go out to the world we would now be sat here as a not particularly well off nation and struggling along - Time to do the same now I say - Learn from History Matey, Learn from History ! or have you lot not got a Backbone ! Moaning Wimps the lot of you !
For [REMOVED] sake Adolf.

Article 50 was voted on by Labour partly because they'd been assured that Brexit would be a walk in the park & that deals would be "the easiest in human history" & could be sorted in "an afternoon over a cup of coffee".

That the Tories have made a right pigs lug of it & has resulted in the decimation of the Party is just a pleasing side-effect.

And of course the USA will be willing to trade with us & are encouraging us to walk away with no-deal, we'll hardly be in a position of strength around the negotiation table will we?!

In your parlance - we'll certainly be getting bent over then.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 13 Aug 2019, 19:10

WF10 wrote:
CasRus wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:
CasRus wrote:

Stronger together.

For [REMOVED] sake Adolf.

Article 50 was voted on by Labour partly because they'd been assured that Brexit would be a walk in the park & that deals would be "the easiest in human history" & could be sorted in "an afternoon over a cup of coffee".

That the Tories have made a right pigs lug of it & has resulted in the decimation of the Party is just a pleasing side-effect.

And of course the USA will be willing to trade with us & are encouraging us to walk away with no-deal, we'll hardly be in a position of strength around the negotiation table will we?!

In your parlance - we'll certainly be getting bent over then.
That's the most stupidest response I've heard from you that Labour voted for Article 50 because they believed the Tories !!! Ha HA Ha Ha Ha Ha !! You stupid person !!! Have you got just one Brain Cell and if you have it must be badly malfunctioning !!!

Do you think the Labour Party would believe Boris Johnson is Father Christmas !!!

Get a grip and Sort yourself out lad !! And if you do get a grip I'm sure you will be sorting yourself out again in a toilet cubicle as to what you really are !!

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 13 Aug 2019, 21:10

alftupper wrote:
CasRus wrote: The trouble with you remoaners is that you are "stick in the muds that won't change anything" type people when the whole world is changing and here we could have the freedom to exploit all these opportunities that are coming. Staying in the EU could leave us in a web of decay. What's wrong in looking at a glass half full than half empty like you lot do !
so true they would still have people working half a mile underground hacking at a coal seam instead of the hi tech economy we have now, thank god for Maggie
Well said Alf.

Narrow mindedness and unwillingness to change would have totally bankrupted this country if the Unions and progressive Labour run governments would have had all taxpayers money supporting obsolete industries still producing the likes of the coal industry generating forest depleting sulphurised acid rain and still making British Leyland Austin cars with obsolete technology. All business investment would have been switched over to other countries and we would be a sub servient nation by now !

The Labour Muppet Thickos argue from a working man's perspective to have wanted to pay miners a huge amount of money and half of them still with their heads down asleep on the night shift doing nothing just like my brother told me at Fryston pit - paying money for nothing and draining the country in tax support! They've Not got a Scooby Doo about how proper business works and where jobs are really generated ! Thank God for Maggie. Most ex miner people around here would still readily dance on her grave but they are mostly ignorant and totally clueless and thick minded - so long as they have got a pint in their hand and a pack of fags eh !! Oh Well !!

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 13 Aug 2019, 22:02

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 13 Aug 2019, 23:19

WF10 wrote:Image
Not at all and I wish you would stop sending selfies of yourself !

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 14 Aug 2019, 12:28

It's interesting to see your take on how we've progressed through the european question to where we are today with the belief we have not had a democratic vote on 'giving up all our powers'. Especially when you hen contradict yourself by stating successive governments have done this.

How did those successive governments come to power; have we had a military coup I wasn't aware of or have we continued to elect our successive governments through demorcratic elections? This is the true democratic process that allows us, the voting pyblic, to change our minds in which direction we want the country to take. Not a be all and end all vote that removes the right to future votes.

To put it simply, if you don't like what the government has done, you vote them out next time and so on.

If we had a referendum on every decision the government has to take we'd be constantly sat in a polling booth.

However, I take heart from the fact you haven't commented on my 'project fear' statement about your dillusional view of world powers crushing little GB. Mind you, I suppose they could do it by the apparent German tactic of a stealth take over through fiscal means via a fantastic trade deal a la US/China/NZ/Aus/Sub-continent?

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 14 Aug 2019, 19:28

Flat Capper wrote:It's interesting to see your take on how we've progressed through the european question to where we are today with the belief we have not had a democratic vote on 'giving up all our powers'. Especially when you hen contradict yourself by stating successive governments have done this.

How did those successive governments come to power; have we had a military coup I wasn't aware of or have we continued to elect our successive governments through demorcratic elections? This is the true democratic process that allows us, the voting pyblic, to change our minds in which direction we want the country to take. Not a be all and end all vote that removes the right to future votes.

To put it simply, if you don't like what the government has done, you vote them out next time and so on.

If we had a referendum on every decision the government has to take we'd be constantly sat in a polling booth.

However, I take heart from the fact you haven't commented on my 'project fear' statement about your dillusional view of world powers crushing little GB. Mind you, I suppose they could do it by the apparent German tactic of a stealth take over through fiscal means via a fantastic trade deal a la US/China/NZ/Aus/Sub-continent?
Flatcapper, I haven't responded to your project fear statement as you don't seem to have the nous to understand what is going on just now which is a much bigger problem than Brexit and that you regard my point outs that I have made as project fear !

Have you not seen what is being reported about certain countries like Russia (who have just had an issue with nuclear tipped strategic missiles and released another dose of radiation) and China taking over the South China Sea and making a move on Hong Kong where they have their ruling governing group in their pocket (hence the demonstrations) !

I am not saying I understand all what is going and nobody can, however if you look at the USA looking to do a quick trade deal and having a stronger alliance with us (there's always hidden reasons and some people could glean that they are starting to align themselves more closely with friendly western nations for a very good reason of combating the threats that are upon us all) and the fact that Europe is facing a very hostile Russia just now (Crimea and Ukraine remember and the other satellites being threatened like Lithuania), there is a certain recipe of pending disaster and if you are reliant on France and Italy and Germany (who have no military might to consider), then you are not fully comprehending and away with the fairies ! It may be best to stick with the USA who have supported us in the past and always will, so why are you wanting to stay within the EU when bigger issues are on the horizon ??? That's my overriding point to Brexit which is the lesser issue for us all however my point is that it may be better to make decisions for ourselves as reliance on the EU will have an "all for none and none for all" attitude when the chips come finally down !

Artificial Intelligence which I mentioned on my previous post is the scariest for all this planet if allowed to have a free reign as a Robotic AI system thinking for itself would come to the conclusion that we are superfluous to requirements.
Now there are many who have also pointed this put including Hawking before his death so I am not alone and absolutely not a loose cannon on AI !

Now you can keep telling me I am a project fear person till the cows come home , but nobody knows what is about to come and the fact that the world climate is rapidly changing and warnings are there for all now to see (i.e forest fires in Alaska and Russia of huge magnitude never seen before and rapid melting in Greenland !) where there are potentially going to be fights for food availability when crop harvests fail in a heated up environment, there's going to have to be some very hard decisions for all governments - the fact of the matter is, is that there are too many people on this planet to sustain where already pollution and plastics and intensive farming has and is bringing together a break point of no return which will escalate to a quicker demise with a snowballing effect. That's why I said I'd give this planet about another 20 years tops before it then becomes the survival of the fittest and hopefully the madness of nuclear can be averted if it can be agreed to !

This country really needs to consider the wide ranging issues and consider what we need to do to better protect ourselves for what is potentially about to come and Brexit with better alliances with others around the world (Oz, NZ,USA etc) is part of that and food production between us will be paramount.

All is not what it seems in the political world and there are underlying reasons to everything which are sometimes very hard to spot and I'm sure there are plans drawn up already that the common man on the street like you and I are oblivious to and which will have major implications for all in the coming years.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 15 Aug 2019, 12:19

I do find your project fear beliefs very interesting indeed but this has been the way of the human race from day one. We will self destruct at some point.

If it helps, Hong Kong is actually part of China and I'm sure you'd appreciate China telling us not to treat the Welsh so badly? I haven't heard much on India's decison to forget all about Kashmir either???

As for our working reationship with the US, yes of course we should be closely allied with them but not at the expense of the barrier that does seperate us from Russia, continental Europe. The NATO alliance should be strengthened, not weakened and yes, that requires more effort from our Eurpean colleagues but to move away from them will only weaken our chances. I actually see Trump working on the assumption that if he throws us at the Russians first, it will delay their approach on the US.

The cyber world is fast developing and whilst this offers ample opportunity for Britain to become a leading world force on developing the correct use of intelligence, it also offers a relatively easy way in for rogue governments and indeed, major criminal gangs. Again, a combined force of a Western alliance, including Europe & the US is needed, not a fragmented group of individual alliances fightng amongst themselves.

If you've followed DT's recent attempts at world trade you will have seen that he wants to dictate terms and ones that very much favour the US. Now I'm sure ou will think that makes him a good, strong leader but what will he want from us. He knows that under the protection of the EU, he cannot asset strip the UK economy so once we're all alone in the world, in he comes with open arms and very deep pockets to fill.

Better the devil you know.......stronger, together.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 15 Aug 2019, 12:48

Flat Capper wrote: If it helps, Hong Kong is actually part of China and I'm sure you'd appreciate China telling us not to treat the Welsh so badly?
What a moronic comparison, go read some books

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 15 Aug 2019, 13:16

alftupper wrote:
Flat Capper wrote: If it helps, Hong Kong is actually part of China and I'm sure you'd appreciate China telling us not to treat the Welsh so badly?
What a moronic comparison, go read some books
I suggest you read up on the history of Hong Kong. It is facinating but they were killing each other long before Europeans had stopped ploughing fileds with the hip bones of Oxen.

Any thoughts on Kashmir before I try to educate on that as well you dumb ass?

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 28 Aug 2019, 09:50

Now let's be honest about this.

BJ is driving over to Europe on the UK's Democratic HMS Victory while he has Labour/Lib Dem/ SNP/Green's rat population boring holes in the Hull of his Ship in trying to sink him and in trying to Remain in the EU (Lib Dem/ SNP/Green ) and Corbyn's/ McDonnel Labour disrupting in an attempt to seize power !!!

What an absolute dishonest, totally anti democratic rat rabble they are in stopping the democratic will of the people - They are Traitors to the UK !!

Now, just this morning from an impartial perspective, we heard on SKY News from the Iceland Government guy (not sure if he was leader) TV that they had to choose from joining the EU or stay independent just after the 2007 crash when they were in very deep doody and opted to stay out and have been freely to build their own economy and have thrived in doing trade deals all over the world. What he effectively said was that long term we would also thrive and become a hugely rich nation if you only believe in ourselves. He also said that we can also get over the disruption by temporarily joining the EEA in our transition to keep trade moving freely for the time being like they did to negate any disruption. Now that's what I call a logical and sensible plan of action.

Just on movements now going on with the Rats trying to scupper Brexit and joining forces with underhand clandestine tactics , BJ are looking to Pro Rogue Parliament by the looks of it now as when fire is bearing down on you, anyone would meet fire with fire !!

Very Interesting Times but like the Icelanders are trying to say to us we need to believe in ourselves more rather than having apron strings tied in with the "dragnet" of the EU and we would soar like they have !

That's my thoughts for the day - over to you guys !!!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 28 Aug 2019, 12:25

I haven't had chance to review the comments of one of the G7 leaders, oh hang on, are Iceland in the G7? In fact, are they in the G20?

Anyway, I'm sure Iceland has recovered well from their self-imposed bankruptcy but I'm not sure what they bring to world trade although I'm sure he's worth listening to as opposed to the majority of members of both the G7 and G20 (baring Trump who couldn't even be arsed to talk about the burning Amazon)?

On the democracy argument, you will believe which side is more democratic depending on which way you view brexit. The referendum we had may well have been a 'democratic' exercise to establish the belief of the population but it was never binding.

Following the result of any referendum, our democratic systems dictates that Parliament delivers the changes to the law. Under this process we democratically elect our MP's to represent our views and if they fail, we have the right to (under recent changes) demand a by-election or the traditional way of voting them out at the next general election.

In their role within Parliament, MP's get a democratic vote on whatever law changes are proposed by the ruling government, elected every 5 years under a democratic voting process, and they can vote whichever way they want, because it's a democracy.

I trust this system because I believe it takes a brave politician to vote against the will of the people they represent. This may well be the case in the current conundrum but so be it, that's true democracy.

Hope that helps?