Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by WF10 » 30 Jul 2019, 21:18

At a time when the country needed stability following Article 50 being triggered the Tories, believing the opinion polls which had them 20+ points clear, arrogantly called for a General Election believing that they would increase their majority.

In fact, someone on here believed it would 'wipe the reds out.'

General Election played out & not only did the Tories not increase their majority, they lost & were forced to spend £1bn to form a minority government - all down to their arrogance.

Following this they haven't been able to pass a single meaningful thing through parliament, have been defeated more times than any government in living memory and suffered the worst defeat of any government ever.

And its all been self-inflicted!

Yet, Corbyn is to blame?

[REMOVED] right off.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 30 Jul 2019, 22:25

No one is blaming Corbyn for the absolute mess the government have made of everything (least I’m not).

Just pointing out that Corbyn will never win a majority because there are no options that will please both sides. Goes Remain he splits the Remain vote - won’t win a majority.

They are stuck because their heartlands voted out and the city and financial areas, and the youngsters, which he basically pulled in last time all voted Remain.

Think when it comes to voting time a few people may desert the Libs for Labour but not enough to make a difference.

Labour have to be worried about Farage up here.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 30 Jul 2019, 22:26

WF10 wrote:At a time when the country needed stability following Article 50 being triggered the Tories, believing the opinion polls which had them 20+ points clear, arrogantly called for a General Election believing that they would increase their majority.

In fact, someone on here believed it would 'wipe the reds out.'

General Election played out & not only did the Tories not increase their majority, they lost & were forced to spend £1bn to form a minority government - all down to their arrogance.

Following this they haven't been able to pass a single meaningful thing through parliament, have been defeated more times than any government in living memory and suffered the worst defeat of any government ever.

And its all been self-inflicted!

Yet, Corbyn is to blame?

[REMOVED] right off.

I think it's your bed time ! - Pick up your dummy you spat out before you go !

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 31 Jul 2019, 09:08

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 31 Jul 2019, 09:47

HuddsTigers wrote:No one is blaming Corbyn for the absolute mess the government have made of everything (least I’m not).

Just pointing out that Corbyn will never win a majority because there are no options that will please both sides. Goes Remain he splits the Remain vote - won’t win a majority.

They are stuck because their heartlands voted out and the city and financial areas, and the youngsters, which he basically pulled in last time all voted Remain.

Think when it comes to voting time a few people may desert the Libs for Labour but not enough to make a difference.

Labour have to be worried about Farage up here.
I disagree.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 31 Jul 2019, 12:06

In the unlikley event of a 'No Deal Brexit', the only positive will be the once more demise of Farage.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 03 Aug 2019, 12:08

So what can we glean from this week's by election in Radnor ?

This is what I think:-

1/ The Tories under Boris and his team should take heart that, even though they lost, they were very close to winning this traditional Lib Dem seat and if it wasn't for the Brexit Party splitting their vote, they would have won it - this came on the back of a discredited expense fiddler which would have cost them votes also ! Also take into account that the remoaners put everything into one party representing their remain interests !

2/ If this goes to an early election even before Oct 31st, Tories will come out on top providing they do a similar deal with the Brexit party on standing in key seats and being tactical just like the Remoaners have in this recent by election.

3/ Dear oh Dear the Labour Party !!! I'm afraid to say that Corbyn is a Dead Man Walking !! If Labour are to make any impression, they will need to be ditching him very soon and make a clear position on where they stand on Brexit instead of this waffle of "will they won't they" support Brexit or Remain.

Also just off topic, isn't it a breath of fresh air from Priti Patel making the right statements of tackling crime !! Long overdue as security of the population is currently going to the dogs !! We have been far too soft for a long long time on crime !

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 03 Aug 2019, 13:47

It tells me the voting public are simply voting along the lines of remoan or leave. The disgraceful Liberals are the only Party we have committed to reverse Brexit and the leave vote is split between Tory and Brexit. Labour are an irrelevance.

As for Priti Patel we’ve heard tough talk before so let’s see what happens I’ll not get carried away just yet but it is encouraging that she once appeared speak positively about the death penalty. Still a welcome contrast to her idiot counterpart on the opposition bench

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 03 Aug 2019, 15:47

CasRus wrote:So what can we glean from this week's by election in Radnor ?

1/ The Tories under Boris and his team should take heart that, even though they lost, they were very close to winning this traditional Lib Dem seat

The same seat that has been won by the Tories in the last two elections.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 03 Aug 2019, 16:56

HuddsTigers wrote:

1/ The Tories under Boris and his team should take heart that, even though they lost, they were very close to winning this traditional Lib Dem seat

Go back a bit further and you will see that this seat was always considered a Lib Dem seat for a number of years which the Tories won on the last 2 general elections.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 04 Aug 2019, 10:47

1/ The Tories under Boris and his team should take heart that, even though they lost, they were very close to winning this traditional Lib Dem seat and if it wasn't for the Brexit Party splitting their vote, they would have won it - this came on the back of a discredited expense fiddler which would have cost them votes also ! Also take into account that the remoaners put everything into one party representing their remain interests !

2/ If this goes to an early election even before Oct 31st, Tories will come out on top providing they do a similar deal with the Brexit party on standing in key seats and being tactical just like the Remoaners have in this recent by election.

3/ Dear oh Dear the Labour Party !!! I'm afraid to say that Corbyn is a Dead Man Walking !! If Labour are to make any impression, they will need to be ditching him very soon and make a clear position on where they stand on Brexit instead of this waffle of "will they won't they" support Brexit or Remain.

Also just off topic, isn't it a breath of fresh air from Priti Patel making the right statements of tackling crime !! Long overdue as security of the population is currently going to the dogs !! We have been far too soft for a long long time on crime !

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 04 Aug 2019, 11:02

CasRus wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

Go back a bit further and you will see that this seat was always considered a Lib Dem seat for a number of years which the Tories won on the last 2 general elections.
of course you are correct CasRus, the seat has been in Liberal hands 18 of the last 22 years

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 05 Aug 2019, 12:09

You two Blues seem to be suggesting the possblity of an early election which would suggest to me you don't think Boris can deliver his Brexit deal?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 05 Aug 2019, 18:00

alftupper wrote:
CasRus wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

of course you are correct CasRus, the seat has been in Liberal hands 18 of the last 22 years
And 28 out of 40 - the other 12 being Tory. And before that it was Labour for 40 years. Hardly traditional.

Seems like the area is now split between Tory or Libs, one or the other. Two of those election wins have been so marginal (800 votes/100 votes), as has one for the Tories by 100 votes. I don't consider such frequent changes to be traditional.

Our own constituency is one I'd consider to be traditional or stronghold - it hasn't changed hands since 1935 - all Labour.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 05 Aug 2019, 18:38

Flat Capper wrote:You two Blues seem to be suggesting the possblity of an early election which would suggest to me you don't think Boris can deliver his Brexit deal?
Who can deliver a Brexit Deal then if not Boris ?? Boris and his team I think have the best chance of doing it by keeping NO Deal as the ace card. They are playing this to the utmost to scare the EU to renegotiate. Intransigence from the EU who have taken advantage of us over many years has to come to come to an end or are we all jellyfish with no backbone !

Let's see what the EU do and whether they shift to remove the backstop - if they do, then this should logically sail through and if it rejected again then it's obvious that we have the minority Remoaners and Corbyn lust for power blocking tactics destorying all faith in Democracy and the majority will of the people ! And that will be the saddest day of all for the UK !! And, by the way, this would not be the fault of Boris and his team either

At the very least Boris and his team are showing they have a "British" backbone ! Jellyfish Corbyn is like a wimpering scaredy cat unable to make a positive position on what he supports ! Fancy having him as leader - I don't think so !!

On the issue of an early election, bring it on I say as Farage and Boris will cut constituency deals as will the Lib Dems and I'm sorry to say that the Labour Party will be a "Dead Parrot"

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 05 Aug 2019, 22:47

CasRus wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:You two Blues seem to be suggesting the possblity of an early election which would suggest to me you don't think Boris can deliver his Brexit deal?
Who can deliver a Brexit Deal then if not Boris ?? Boris and his team I think have the best chance of doing it by keeping NO Deal as the ace card. They are playing this to the utmost to scare the EU to renegotiate. Intransigence from the EU who have taken advantage of us over many years has to come to come to an end or are we all jellyfish with no backbone !

Let's see what the EU do and whether they shift to remove the backstop - if they do, then this should logically sail through and if it rejected again then it's obvious that we have the minority Remoaners and Corbyn lust for power blocking tactics destorying all faith in Democracy and the majority will of the people ! And that will be the saddest day of all for the UK !! And, by the way, this would not be the fault of Boris and his team either

At the very least Boris and his team are showing they have a "British" backbone ! Jellyfish Corbyn is like a wimpering scaredy cat unable to make a positive position on what he supports ! Fancy having him as leader - I don't think so !!

On the issue of an early election, bring it on I say as Farage and Boris will cut constituency deals as will the Lib Dems and I'm sorry to say that the Labour Party will be a "Dead Parrot"
The EU aren't going to remove the backstop though are they?
It's fundamental to the GFA isn't it?

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 06 Aug 2019, 12:32

CasRus wrote:

I'm certainly looking forward to whatever political fall out will come from a general election but I'm not sure the deal bargining of Tories/Forage will achieve anything significant fot the Tories. It will just give seats to the Leave Your Minds group. It may well be the Lib Dems pose a greeater threat to the Tories at this stage but we'll see.

As for the miracal of the Back Stop removal, the EU will just not discuss it and it is this that will force BJ to call an election. For all of his shouting and balling on the subject, the EU know he is still vulnerable to his own Europhile MP's and can continue to hold the British governement over a barrell until we see the sense of a good customs arrangement that continues to protect the island of Ireland..

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 11 Aug 2019, 07:13

Flat Capper wrote:
CasRus wrote:

I'm certainly looking forward to whatever political fall out will come from a general election but I'm not sure the deal bargining of Tories/Forage will achieve anything significant fot the Tories. It will just give seats to the Leave Your Minds group. It may well be the Lib Dems pose a greeater threat to the Tories at this stage but we'll see.

As for the miracal of the Back Stop removal, the EU will just not discuss it and it is this that will force BJ to call an election. For all of his shouting and balling on the subject, the EU know he is still vulnerable to his own Europhile MP's and can continue to hold the British governement over a barrell until we see the sense of a good customs arrangement that continues to protect the island of Ireland..
Boris and his team are meeting intransigence with intransigence after May's soft and bullied approach has left us with a "can't fully get out" type of deal and still beholden, so what's wrong with that ??? Like all things in life, "If you don't try you don't get" - That good customs arrangement will come at a cost and knowing the EU, will probably tie in other arrangements like still stealing our fish from our waters and leave our fishing industry struggling like they have over the years.

Anyway, what about your ex glorious leader Brown chirping in this weekend about the Tories risking the Union !! Kept reasonably quiet about Scottish Nationalists already had a referendum and Sturgeon wanting a second referendum - funny that isn't it them risking the Union anyway and he is like a quiet mouse on them wanting to break away and by the way shouldn't England get a vote to leave the UK and p... on their bonfire for a change ??? This is the man who sold off the country's gold for a song and had the audacity to leave a note stating the cupboard is bare within the Treasury department !! If Tory austerity is to blame then point the finger at the ex labour government causing it !

Personally I am sick and tired of the EU bullying us into massive EU payments, stealing our fish and a huge number of other issues and the Scottish Nationalists (and Wales for that matter) getting huge payment lifts (free prescriptions and tuition fees) while we suffer without and at the English expense, so when are we going to get our English voice ??? Wake up and smell the coffee man !! it's people like you who would stand the drop of York and say " do you want me to bend over a little more so you can shaft me even better" !! Get a grip man and stop being a mouse ! we've been eating cheese for far too long !

I'm all for fair compromise and getting on together but all about us is taking the Mick so enough is enough I say and we need to start finding our English self belief and confidence and stop being a punchbag !

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 12 Aug 2019, 12:19

Trust me old lad, once we leave it will be the likes of you bending over and saying go on, shaft as hard as you want just so long as you come and rescue us.

Whilst the white fish industry may currently suffer from their own, previoulsy greedy over fishing tactics, the (currently booming) shell fish industry in this country sells 90% of it's products to other EU countries. Any tariff system would be a severe hit but hey ho, nothing to worry about I suppose.

Less than a euro for a pound in most on-street currency exchanges at the moment and we haven't even left.

Stronger together.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 12 Aug 2019, 14:03

CasRus wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:
CasRus wrote:

Boris and his team are meeting intransigence with intransigence after May's soft and bullied approach has left us with a "can't fully get out" type of deal and still beholden, so what's wrong with that ??? Like all things in life, "If you don't try you don't get" - That good customs arrangement will come at a cost and knowing the EU, will probably tie in other arrangements like still stealing our fish from our waters and leave our fishing industry struggling like they have over the years.

Anyway, what about your ex glorious leader Brown chirping in this weekend about the Tories risking the Union !! Kept reasonably quiet about Scottish Nationalists already had a referendum and Sturgeon wanting a second referendum - funny that isn't it them risking the Union anyway and he is like a quiet mouse on them wanting to break away and by the way shouldn't England get a vote to leave the UK and p... on their bonfire for a change ??? This is the man who sold off the country's gold for a song and had the audacity to leave a note stating the cupboard is bare within the Treasury department !! If Tory austerity is to blame then point the finger at the ex labour government causing it !

Personally I am sick and tired of the EU bullying us into massive EU payments, stealing our fish and a huge number of other issues and the Scottish Nationalists (and Wales for that matter) getting huge payment lifts (free prescriptions and tuition fees) while we suffer without and at the English expense, so when are we going to get our English voice ??? Wake up and smell the coffee man !! it's people like you who would stand the drop of York and say " do you want me to bend over a little more so you can shaft me even better" !! Get a grip man and stop being a mouse ! we've been eating cheese for far too long !

I'm all for fair compromise and getting on together but all about us is taking the Mick so enough is enough I say and we need to start finding our English self belief and confidence and stop being a punchbag !
We've been through this Adolf - the UK government (Labour at the time) did not cause the GLOBAL economic crisis/crash (2008-2013).

The Tories implemented austerity as a political choice, rather than through economic necessity.

Austerity has been implicated in the death of 130,000 people.

But, you know, BLAME LABOUR :roll: