Jesse Ramien

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Jesse Ramien

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 01 Aug 2019, 05:55

Had a big fallout at Newcastle knights and nathan brown has told to stay away and look for a new club. Young centre that was rumoured to be on the verge of state of origin when he moved from cronulla to newcastle, not sure what the bust up is but wouldnt suprise me if he was super league bound, if only for the remainder of this year! Worth watching!
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

jackknife
Verified

Re: Jesse Ramien

Post by jackknife » 01 Aug 2019, 07:19

If hes origin standard he'll find another nrl club
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 01 Aug 2019, 09:07

jackknife wrote:If hes origin standard he'll find another nrl club
He was origin possibility when at cronulla but obviously fallen out of favour. Most teams will be capped up now so maybe only super league option for this year if theyre trying to get rid.
Not sure of the reason why theyre getting rid.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 01 Aug 2019, 11:47

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/01/ram ... 16774201=1

Theres a link.him and his manager are trying to get a deal sorted for SL befor our august deadline

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 01 Aug 2019, 12:05

Our non-fed spots are all taken.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 01 Aug 2019, 12:22

nottinghamtiger wrote:Our non-fed spots are all taken.

Ithough we had 1 from letting mitch go?

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 01 Aug 2019, 12:51

Bolton-tiger wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:Our non-fed spots are all taken.

Ithough we had 1 from letting mitch go?
Good point.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 01 Aug 2019, 12:56

So the next question is do we have the cap space? I din't think we've used Gale's dispensation money yet, have we?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 01 Aug 2019, 13:01

Flat Capper wrote:So the next question is do we have the cap space? I din't think we've used Gale's dispensation money yet, have we?
Or do we need him?
If Shenton is out for the rest of the year, we could take Remien on a deal to the end of 2019. It would allow us some flexibility in the back-line, as we could use Minikin on the wing.
But - we know it can take time for players to adapt, particularly mid-season. We might never see how good he is on such a short-term contract.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 01 Aug 2019, 13:33

Flat Capper wrote:So the next question is do we have the cap space? I din't think we've used Gale's dispensation money yet, have we?
It's largely irrelevant if we want to sign a player beyond this year as we need the cap space next season too, factoring in Gale's salary again.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 01 Aug 2019, 13:41

Well we could free up some money by sending maher to wakey and iv heard kiren gills going to.not my rumour just seen it floating around the internet.might not be alot but it might just be enough to get him over for the rest of the season.agreed it might take time for players to get into things but a player like him in the centres,give him early ball and hel do his own stuf from what iv seen when hes played at newcaslte.very hard player to stop and handle

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 01 Aug 2019, 14:02

Bolton-tiger wrote:Well we could free up some money by sending maher to wakey and iv heard kiren gills going to.not my rumour just seen it floating around the internet.might not be alot but it might just be enough to get him over for the rest of the season.agreed it might take time for players to get into things but a player like him in the centres,give him early ball and hel do his own stuf from what iv seen when hes played at newcaslte.very hard player to stop and handle
Sure i heard john davidson say newcastle had signed gill when he talked about transfers on monday nights forty20. Might have heard it wrong or he meant he was there on loan.

In regards to Ramien, hyperthetically we can use clarks space for this season and dont retain rankin for next. Hes a good young player but is another centre what we need? This year id say yes. Maybe the rumour about pete is true? And we are looking to release him

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 01 Aug 2019, 14:07

Newcastle also allowing Herman Ese’Ese to leave.
Assuming Millington and Moors will do one more year at the most, and that Moors is out for the rest of this year, he’d be a perfect addition and a better use of a quota spot than a centre when we have Minikin, Blair, Mata’utia and Shenton (when fit) who can play there.

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 01 Aug 2019, 14:14

nottinghamtiger wrote:Newcastle also allowing Herman Ese’Ese to leave.
Assuming Millington and Moors will do one more year at the most, and that Moors is out for the rest of this year, he’d be a perfect addition and a better use of a quota spot than a centre when we have Minikin, Blair, Mata’utia and Shenton (when fit) who can play there.
Only seen Ese'ese a couple of times so not sure about him.
But in regards to centre minikin is supposed to be leaving next year, who knows how shenton will return, so that leaves Blair and an unproven storey. Id like us to give matautia a go in the centre as he played the majority of his career in nrl at centre.

Are we keeping Rankin? Where are we playing him?
Just goes to show options are available

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 01 Aug 2019, 14:19

SWISS TONY!! wrote:
But in regards to centre minikin is supposed to be leaving next year, who knows how shenton will return, so that leaves Blair and an unproven storey. Id like us to give matautia a go in the centre as he played the majority of his career in nrl at centre.

To be honest, I’m hoping Wakefield go down and we sign Alex Walker to play at full-back. That would leave Mata’utia, Blair and Shenton for the centre spots, with Eden and and Olpherts as options on the wing.
Rankin back to Huddersfield and a non-fed spot free.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 01 Aug 2019, 16:43

HuddsTigers wrote:
It's largely irrelevant if we want to sign a player beyond this year as we need the cap space next season too, factoring in Gale's salary again.
I was only thinking of the remainder of this season but I take your point.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 01 Aug 2019, 18:14

nottinghamtiger wrote:
SWISS TONY!! wrote:

To be honest, I’m hoping Wakefield go down and we sign Alex Walker to play at full-back. That would leave Mata’utia, Blair and Shenton for the centre spots, with Eden and and Olpherts as options on the wing.
It might only be me but I’m not sure on Alex Walker.watched him quite a bit and I don’t think he is ready for a regular spot in a team challenging for trophies.thats not to say he won’t make it but not ready yet.in the modern game full back is too important for a project player

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 01 Aug 2019, 18:21

Juscas wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
SWISS TONY!! wrote:

It might only be me but I’m not sure on Alex Walker.watched him quite a bit and I don’t think he is ready for a regular spot in a team challenging for trophies.thats not to say he won’t make it but not ready yet.in the modern game full back is too important for a project player
He will be ok at Wakefield then they never challenge for owt.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 01 Aug 2019, 19:02

Juscas wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
SWISS TONY!! wrote:

Maybe. Time will tell, but I think he’s got all the attributes to become a very good full-back.
Whilst I rate Mata’utia as a player (and think he should be playing in the centre), I think we should be looking for someone who can offer more of an attacking threat from full-back. Easier said than done, though.