GALE DEPARTURE CONFIRMED

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Luke Gale

Post by old cas lass » 30 Jul 2019, 20:55

sirocco7 wrote:
old cas lass wrote:Just gonna bring this back to life.
Been told tonight he’s definitely going to Leeds for next season. Not saying it 100%, but very close to it.

So let’s say he is going.
Who is out there that we could bring in for next season. Don’t think there’s to many quality half’s about.
Should be interesting seeing who we bring in.

](*,)
Problem.
I believe it’s a rumour page.
I’ve heard tonight he’s going to Leeds next year.
I’m just sharing it with you all.
:P

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 30 Jul 2019, 20:57

daytona wrote:Apart from Danny Richardson and possibly Dec Patton, can’t think of any more decent halves that might be available in Super League so I suppose we’d have to look overseas if we have any quota left. Personally can’t see why Gale would leave us though. Interesting to see you said you’d heard he was definitely going but it’s not 100% though OCL. :lol:
I wanted us to be looking at Patton start of last year before he signed his new deal with Warrington. Think him, Trueman and Gale would've been nice.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 30 Jul 2019, 20:58

daytona wrote:Apart from Danny Richardson and possibly Dec Patton, can’t think of any more decent halves that might be available in Super League so I suppose we’d have to look overseas if we have any quota left. Personally can’t see why Gale would leave us though. Interesting to see you said you’d heard he was definitely going but it’s not 100% though OCL. :lol:

Covering my back.
A message from someone else ,
They say he’s going definitely , I’m not 100% .
Only passing the message on.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 30 Jul 2019, 20:58

Tom Holmes should never have been let go Tom is own grown talent, giving Jamie Ellis a four year deal is turning into a costly exercise though it might be no fault of his own

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 30 Jul 2019, 20:59

old cas lass wrote:
sirocco7 wrote:
Been told tonight he’s definitely going to Leeds for next season. Not saying it 100%, but very close to it.

Who is out there that we could bring in for next season. Don’t think there’s to many quality half’s about.

](*,)
Problem.
I believe it’s a rumour page.
I’ve heard tonight he’s going to Leeds next year.
I’m just sharing it with you all.
:P
Heard from who OCL? Reputable source?

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 30 Jul 2019, 21:01

gateman wrote:Tom Holmes should never have been let go Tom is own grown talent, giving Jamie Ellis a four year deal is turning into a costly exercise though it might be no fault of his own
Yeah Gateman, was gutted Tom left.

But come on we're not that stupid to give Ellis four years...it was only three. :lol: :roll:

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 30 Jul 2019, 21:09

We would need a top half back to take his place and find someone to kick goals there could be no messing around
Last time the rumour surficed Powell made a joke and said it looks like Leeds are signing everybody
I would be surprised if Leeds payed the money they would need to pay to get him myself
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 30 Jul 2019, 21:20

Can't see Leeds stumping up the cash. According to the Leeds forum Furner is still in this country which makes you wonder his settlement hasn't been sorted yet. So if this is right where will the additional money to buy Gale come from???

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 30 Jul 2019, 22:02

Everybody has a price, regardless of whether they are made available or not.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 30 Jul 2019, 22:12

Furner is sorted, going back very soon. Caddick is dipping into his bank account so the Rhinos could well stump up, problem for them is the salary cap.

He should not be allowed to go without a suitable replacement. As for that possible replacement who is available? Patton is under contract and Richardson is nowhere near good enough. We’ve no quota space unless someone is leaving, but then if they do they would need replacing as well. Maybe Ryan Hampshire but we have been there before. Not many others available.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 30 Jul 2019, 22:21

Given a well known journo criticised/ridiculed people in Cas earlier for making up stupid rumours, I’m inclined to believe that over anything like this.

We had it about Powell and he signed a new deal and Craig Harrison, his agent, poured cold water on it and said something like “put it this way, he will be at Cas next year.”

Do think some people like stirring the pot around Cas.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 30 Jul 2019, 22:33

He would be the best player in the Championship.
I think he is better than that.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 30 Jul 2019, 22:37

HuddsTigers wrote:

Given a well known journo criticised/ridiculed people in Cas earlier for making up stupid rumours, I’m inclined to believe that over anything like this.

We had it about Powell and he signed a new deal and Craig Harrison, his agent, poured cold water on it and said something like “put it this way, he will be at Cas next year.”

Do think some people like stirring the pot around Cas.
Would that be the same journalist that ridiculed the rumour that Wigan were set to sign Bevan French? I think his words were “Bevan French isn’t in the radar at Wigan”.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 30 Jul 2019, 22:39

Don’t know - think it was Aaron Bower who said he doesn’t know where half the rumours come from around Cas.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 31 Jul 2019, 07:27

rumours are just that, hand on heart a CAS fan stopped me and said he was told Luke was turning out at HKR, if you believe in rumours you are dafter than the people who start them

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 31 Jul 2019, 08:12

The Gale to Leeds rumour is exactly what the Hardaker back to Cas one is - fans stirring the pot.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 31 Jul 2019, 08:27

As I said a few days ago Hardaker and Richardson to Cas and Gale to Leeds

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 31 Jul 2019, 08:32

Hardaker apparently happy now as a pie eater lol well it was the team he supported as a boy :lol:
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 31 Jul 2019, 10:40

I imagine a number of SL teams will be monitoring how Brock Lambs goes for London, if Gale does go I wonder whether he'd be one we look at, quota spots allowing.

FWIW I hope Gale stays and makes up for lost time by kicking us to our first GF win in 2020.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 31 Jul 2019, 10:43

Gales 31, on a mint and settled at the club. No way would he be any better financially going to Leeds or any closer to silverware. Makes no sense him now moving to Leeds and having to go through the rigmarole of fitting in to a new club.