Trueman

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Sir cas alot
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Trueman

Post by Sir cas alot » 14 Jul 2019, 21:27

I thought he showed quite a turn of pace with the line break when he set up oggy for his try. Trueman definitely has the potential to be a great half. Hes just got to learn to back himself more. He had become a little static and easy to read but has showed he is capable of great things. He has probably played too many games for a young player but due to injurys we had no other choice but to play him. The one week off seems to have refreshed him and re energised himself. His return to form and return of Holmes could turn the season arround for us. Coyf

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 14 Jul 2019, 23:19

I have praised Jake's contribution previously.
Not too many young half backs in Super League.
Especially without a recognised and regular partner.
His defence is in my opinion good in fact there are times when someone else would release him of such duties, goodness only knows how bad our season could be if he was injured for a period of time.
Yes l maybe happy clappy or the usual offences of people standing up for the team.
I wish l had his skills and hink if we can hold on to him we have a star in the making.
So l look forward to him developing and leading Cas at some point to success.
Time for meds and beds.

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 16 Jul 2019, 06:10

I think a big part of the problem for jake was the big contract he signed last year, a substantial increase! I still think of trueman as a kid we need to nurture but due to no fault of his own hes been thrust to the fore but with the contract hes on it dictates he should be starting every game, why would a club put so much of the salary cap on a player thats still being nurtured etc. So the expectation of the fans and media increases. Then his agent goes on to say he should be a marquee player and the only way cas keep him in future is if we offer marquee money.
I think the return of gale will make jake look a superstar again.
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Jul 2019, 08:52

Trueman burst on the scene with a three fry score at Wigan, he as been in the team almost every game since then, the club as had to push him due to injury's, the lad as more than proved his worth for a bigger and longer contract if he had not been given that it would have been thank you and good by CAS

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 16 Jul 2019, 14:42

Criticism of individuals should always be measured but I believe humans decide on who they like or dislike fairly quickly and often based on nothing. This decision rarely changes over time, no matter what the individual does or does not do.

I have a set in hatred of Sam Tomkins without ever meeting him, talking to him or even bumping into him in the Tesco's built on Central Park. This wouldn't change, even in the unlikely event of him playing for Cas.

Hopefully, individual players don't pay too much attention to the comments.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Jul 2019, 07:18

a number of posters oh here have been having a good go at rubbishing Jake, but in his defence he as been once again selected in the GB squad, well done young man

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 05 Sep 2019, 22:28

fords wrote:Asking for a mate. How did trueman play last night ;)
Thought i'd resurrect this just for the benefit of Flow. Now do yourself a favour and admit you are wrong about the kid.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Sep 2019, 23:12

fords wrote:
Thought i'd resurrect this just for the benefit of Flow. Now do yourself a favour and admit you are wrong about the kid.

Shame he's gone on holiday Umbles pie would have been on table tonight ;)
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 05 Sep 2019, 23:29

Man of the match by a mile tonight in all aspects. Great performance from him. But Hull were dire. Didn't realise how bad they were. Last week v Saints was a very different kettle of fish. I want to see him do it against a good side in a really tough game. Next week at Wigan will do.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 05 Sep 2019, 23:41

fords wrote:

Love your optimism but you've got to be joking.

There are none so blind as those that cannot see....

His team mates have nicknamed him world class. Everyone worth listening to in the game really rate him despite him still being a kid. They are all wrong though......

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 06 Sep 2019, 05:41

fords wrote:

Haven’t seen a post from The Prophet (Flow) for a while. He would somehow turn it around to claim he’d always backed JT, as he tried to claim he’d always said Blair was lame and pants (which also sees to be turning out the opposite)...

Ken Smith
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ken Smith » 06 Sep 2019, 07:58

The best display from him since that against Wigan two years ago. Could he be the next Roger Millward?

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 06 Sep 2019, 08:03

Great performance from Trueman last night, stood up when someone had to, in a must win game. Credit to Ellis too, he seemed to respond to Trueman taking the game by the scruff of the neck. Big raps to the forwards too, they gave Trueman the platform to shine last night. Massive team effort when we absolutely needed it. We now go on to Wigan and hope Saints do us a favour also.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 06 Sep 2019, 08:18

Trueman on that display is great Britain standard , great in attack and defence my son said it was him that got under the Hull forward that went over the line under the post, Hull had their tails up at that stage of the game and were coming at us strong

Cas boxer

Post by Cas boxer » 06 Sep 2019, 14:06

Got a good future Trueman just needs to get consistent now. Wounder what the share holders value him if one off big four came sniffing, about the same we did for Clark I would reckon but not in a position were we have to sell to stay afloat now.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 06 Sep 2019, 16:12

Cas boxer wrote:Got a good future Trueman just needs to get consistent now. Wounder what the share holders value him if one off big four came sniffing, about the same we did for Clark I would reckon but not in a position were we have to sell to stay afloat now.
Oh flow you are funny

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Sep 2019, 16:20

Cas boxer wrote:Got a good future Trueman just needs to get consistent now. Wounder what the share holders value him if one off big four came sniffing, about the same we did for Clark I would reckon but not in a position were we have to sell to stay afloat now.
Not championship standard then ;)
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Sep 2019, 16:21

Watching it again truey was even better than I thought watching it live
Vince Lombardi

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 06 Sep 2019, 17:46

Hull fans forum annoyed that the “most overrated player in super league” destroyed them.

Not just his tries, it’s his all round game, defence, kicking, organising etc.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Sep 2019, 18:16

Some people from other clubs will have seen him when we were on the telly every week and were really struggling and formed a opinion on that
Vince Lombardi