Coaching

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Coaching

Post by nottinghamtiger » 11 Jul 2019, 21:28

the machine wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
the machine wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:In 2017, we had players interviewing players, we had players doing challenges, quizzes and playing games. The togetherness and camaraderie between them shone through and showed in their performances on the pitch. What or who has stopped this and why? At present, they look like a bunch of strangers, not a team of mates who should be willing to run their blood to water for each other.

Agree.
I remember team mates setting Luke gale up and scaring him to death.
I know he’s not with us anymore but jake Webster interviewing fellow team mates.
A togetherness amongst the whole squad.
Looks to me that there’s a split between the playing staff.
Jesses Instagram shows him Pete junior and a couple of wakey players always together.
Might just be me, but thought for a couple of months, there’s a clique.
Olly Holmes had a good gig going with jy with their own radio show, had players on, had a laugh, but fans soon put a stop to that...
No, Daryl Powell put a stop to it. He was furious when they invited Zak onto the show. Then Holmes decided to criticise his own team-mates on air. Nothing to do with the fans.
Of course not

The outcry from fans forced Powells hand
I think Daryl is a bit stronger than that. And I think the fans were right to be annoyed too.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Jul 2019, 21:29

Don’t say it, it doesn’t happen.

And do you really think Powell listens entirely to the fanbase knowing how melodramatic some people can be at times. He’s his own man with his own views - clearly he (or the club) personally felt that it overstepped a mark.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 11 Jul 2019, 21:38

nottinghamtiger wrote:
the machine wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
the machine wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
Olly Holmes had a good gig going with jy with their own radio show, had players on, had a laugh, but fans soon put a stop to that...
No, Daryl Powell put a stop to it. He was furious when they invited Zak onto the show. Then Holmes decided to criticise his own team-mates on air. Nothing to do with the fans.
Of course not

The outcry from fans forced Powells hand
I think Daryl is a bit stronger than that. And I think the fans were right to be annoyed too.
Alot of our fans get annoyed at far too many things that they really shouldn't
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Derbyshiretiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Derbyshiretiger » 11 Jul 2019, 22:25

Fumper27 wrote:In 2017, we had players interviewing players, we had players doing challenges, quizzes and playing games. The togetherness and camaraderie between them shone through and showed in their performances on the pitch. What or who has stopped this and why? At present, they look like a bunch of strangers, not a team of mates who should be willing to run their blood to water for each other.
Seem to remember big Jake doing a lot of interviewing and leg pulling. Maybe it's a coincidence camaraderie has fallen since he left. Or maybe not?????

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 12 Jul 2019, 00:28

Although Gale hasn't left he won't have been as involved in the camaraderie due to his injury.

Webster left

Rumoured bust up in pre-season.

Changes to strengh and condition coach?

Players regurlarly in match day squads who haven't been offered new contracts and/Or are moving elsewere.

Players suffering injury setbacks.

The narrow loses.

All factors that could have impacted on moral/togetherness.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 13 Jul 2019, 08:25

jackknife wrote:
Balboa1 wrote:Is it me but I get the feeling flow and fumper don't get on :-k
Its getting painful their constant bickering on every thread
Much as I respect what they do and an grateful for it, the moderators are, in my opinion, far too tolerant of the content of some of the posts from one forum member.

The posts are often confrontational, disrespectful to others, contain inappropriate language (which is offensive to some) and constantly attack certain players.

It's simply not acceptable and I don't understand why it's being tolerated - especially after several bans haven't resolved the problem.

It's causing a stain on the forum and needs dealing with - please.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Jul 2019, 08:15

SuffolkTiger wrote:
jackknife wrote:
Balboa1 wrote:Is it me but I get the feeling flow and fumper don't get on :-k
Its getting painful their constant bickering on every thread
Much as I respect what they do and an grateful for it, the moderators are, in my opinion, far too tolerant of the content of some of the posts from one forum member.

The posts are often confrontational, disrespectful to others, contain inappropriate language (which is offensive to some) and constantly attack certain players.

It's simply not acceptable and I don't understand why it's being tolerated - especially after several bans haven't resolved the problem.

It's causing a stain on the forum and needs dealing with - please.
:clap:
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 14 Jul 2019, 08:35

There are many posters who have different views. Some accept those views and get on with things. ie challenge those views in a reasonable manner or simply ignore
However some can not! They resort to goading posters, whether that is challenging their 'loyalty', questioning their right to post and deriding their grammar.

I receive a number of private messages / notifications per day of posters reporting other posters.
It's pathetic really, you would be surprised who reports who and for what reason.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Jul 2019, 08:43

One person is attacking one player on every thread no matter what the thread is about I don't know if he's done something to him it's bizarre
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 14 Jul 2019, 08:54

tigerfeat wrote:One person is attacking one player on every thread no matter what the thread is about I don't know if he's done something to him it's bizarre
I think that's a bit of an exaggeration - every thread???

Again, posters have a right to express an opinion whether it is about the new stadium, player recruitment or player performance.

It has been a mixed season at best for the club, posters will always question why that is - especially after the highs of 2017.

This leads to a difference of opinion, which some on here are unable to deal with.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 14 Jul 2019, 16:03

Casmania wrote:There are many posters who have different views. Some accept those views and get on with things. ie challenge those views in a reasonable manner or simply ignore
However some can not! They resort to goading posters, whether that is challenging their 'loyalty', questioning their right to post and deriding their grammar.

I receive a number of private messages / notifications per day of posters reporting other posters.
It's pathetic really, you would be surprised who reports who and for what reason.
I appreciate what you have stated but I think there is something else at play here.

A small minority of posters repeatedly include content in their posts that I wouldn't be comfortable with if my daughter read them and it's more suitable for an old saloon bar. Regardless of what's going on at the club, there is no place for it. We are a family club.