Coaching

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Coaching

Post by Balboa1 » 11 Jul 2019, 13:14

Fumper27 wrote:
yorkie1bn wrote:Will all you armchair would be coaches please turn up at the Cas training ground Monday morning to take training Monday to Friday 0700 start Your Input will be much appreciated .
yorkie1bn, please allow me to apologise on behalf of all forum users for even daring to have an opinion. I hope you will forgive us all, as we promise to remain silent in the future, accepting the absolute dross that we’ve had to endure now for 18 months.
:lol:

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 11 Jul 2019, 15:07

Interesting Fev are getting in the players they need an NRL scrum half lands in England today good old Steve gill. Does are change in fortune run long side Steve leaving the club the remaining board members not got the same passion Steve had for the club. Making the team harder to coach and poor moral around the club.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Jul 2019, 15:11

flow wrote:Interesting Fev are getting in the players they need an NRL scrum half lands in England today good old Steve gill. Does are change in fortune run long side Steve leaving the club the remaining board members not got the same passion Steve had for the club. Making the team harder to coach and poor moral around the club.
The team is harder to coach because the board members are not passionate??? Heard it all now Flow old chap

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 11 Jul 2019, 15:22

Fumper27 wrote:
flow wrote:Interesting Fev are getting in the players they need an NRL scrum half lands in England today good old Steve gill. Does are change in fortune run long side Steve leaving the club the remaining board members not got the same passion Steve had for the club. Making the team harder to coach and poor moral around the club.
The team is harder to coach because the board members are not passionate??? Heard it all now Flow old chap
Your obsessed with me can't believe you wake up in morning think off me last thing on night lmao. You ever tried coaching a team with low moral bet u have not. poo goes down hill old lad from top. like any other job badly run at the top this as effect on shop flour moral , Shop flour being players In this case. you now nothing always trying to derail Fred's by having a dig. not just against me I have noticed against others mods should be giving you a long ban. But what's point you just use one off your other sign ons like before you remember lmao :D :D :D :D :D

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 11 Jul 2019, 15:31

mdean wrote:Was watching Friday's game on Saturday with my Father in law, discussing how there are those players who see the numbers and the shape and those who don't.

It's not individual moments, I get that: but we were tackle 4 5M out and Leeds were 7 on the long side including markers(we were in our typical set up spot, left post, so there was plenty of field left) with Pete and someone else jogging to the PTB. With some counting and checking the shape, if they'd worked hard short side we would have been 7 on 6. It is small decisions.

I have to confess, I was never a reader or understanding play and shape, catch run, fall over and play if I was lucky..... but you can't coach that, some players see it and play what is in front of them. As it was, we were set up left post for a ship long, we shipped long, Leeds numbered off and nothing happened, lost 2M.

I think we are easy to pick, we set up to a post and the full-back tells the defence which side we are going. I know it sounds too simple, but watch a game back and usually, its a simple as that.
I think you are spot on from my watching of us this season. Quick play the balls are much less frequent. Our forwards get dominated in the tackle or end up in a wrestle which then allows defensive lines to set. Plus as you said we are predictable in shifting it and don't seem to have the pace in transitions to cause harm. The slow decision making also means we struggle to make an overlap.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Jul 2019, 15:50

flow wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Your obsessed with me can't believe you wake up in morning think off me last thing on night lmao. You ever tried coaching a team with low moral bet u have not. poo goes down hill old lad from top. like any other job badly run at the top this as effect on shop flour moral , Shop flour being players In this case. you now nothing always trying to derail Fred's by having a dig. not just against me I have noticed against others mods should be giving you a long ban. But what's point you just use one off your other sign ons like before you remember lmao :D :D :D :D :D
You Sir, are deluded. That wasn’t me having a dig, that was just my humble opinion. I do find it ironic that you moan about someone “having a dig” then proceed to do exactly that yourself.

You can probably count on one finger the number of posters who think that i am “always trying to derail threads (think this is what you are trying to say), whereas turn that on its head and have a count of the number of forum users who think you constantly try to derail threads? That result would interest me.

I actively go out of my way to avoid your posts because you talk (what I can make out) so much drivel. No, I haven’t coached a sports team but I have coached and managed plenty of team in my line of work and I can tell you for a fact - the bloke on the shop floor doesn’t give two damns about what the CEO is doing.

Finally, as with other forum users you have patronised to the nth degree, I have one account on here and one is enough. I don’t feel the need to support my own views via a secondary account and I certainly don’t have enough time in the day to do so should I so wish.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 11 Jul 2019, 16:33

Fumper27 wrote:
flow wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
You Sir, are deluded. That wasn’t me having a dig, that was just my humble opinion. I do find it ironic that you moan about someone “having a dig” then proceed to do exactly that yourself.

You can probably count on one finger the number of posters who think that i am “always trying to derail threads (think this is what you are trying to say), whereas turn that on its head and have a count of the number of forum users who think you constantly try to derail threads? That result would interest me.

I actively go out of my way to avoid your posts because you talk (what I can make out) so much drivel. No, I haven’t coached a sports team but I have coached and managed plenty of team in my line of work and I can tell you for a fact - the bloke on the shop floor doesn’t give two damns about what the CEO is doing.

Finally, as with other forum users you have patronised to the nth degree, I have one account on here and one is enough. I don’t feel the need to support my own views via a secondary account and I certainly don’t have enough time in the day to do so should I so wish.[/quot
know that's a porky in it you want me to dig your old post up when you got banned you posted I feel I have to use this sign on i have not used for years to just say this about being banned why lie :liar: :liar: :liar: and you are the worse on here for making sly remarks to try and derail posts . And nether had any proper discussing on here why cant you be more like hudds tiger and put proper posts on instead putting worm on your hook all time looking for a bite its getting boring. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Jul 2019, 17:25

flow wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
flow wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:

Finally, as with other forum users you have patronised to the nth degree, I have one account on here and one is enough. I don’t feel the need to support my own views via a secondary account and I certainly don’t have enough time in the day to do so should I so wish.[/quot
know that's a porky in it you want me to dig your old post up when you got banned you posted I feel I have to use this sign on i have not used for years to just say this about being banned why lie :liar: :liar: :liar: and you are the worse on here for making sly remarks to try and derail posts . And nether had any proper discussing on here why cant you be more like hudds tiger and put proper posts on instead putting worm on your hook all time looking for a bite its getting boring. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By all means, dig up that old post that I never posted. Whilst your at it, post a screen shot of the email you got from axiom 2 years ago.

Back on topic, what has changed from what worked so well in 2017 to now? The personnel appears to be the same but the execution is lacking.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Jul 2019, 17:34

Seriously, ignore the tosh and skip over it. We all haven't got the time of day to be sitting through this piffle every week - ignore it and it all goes away.

Back on topic, the players have to take some level of responsibility for their own performances. There has to be some pride in their work and that's severely lacking at the moment in my opinion. In 2017, the key thing was that we worked hard for each other and put bodies on the line - "keep them out at all costs". Whereas now, it seems like we don't have that same energy. Defence wins games and is the foundation to build anything on.

The problem for me - and Powell has already identified it - is that after 3/4 years of the same coaching you become accustomed to hearing the same voice and what motivated you before becomes old hat. Some coaches/managers choose to leave, some get sacked, others refresh the squad. Powell is going to refresh the squad.

However, high standards trumps everything and the reason Leeds/Saints managed to sustain title challenges every year is because I believe they had some major players who were meticulous in everything they did. We're badly lacking those experienced players because of injuries.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 11 Jul 2019, 17:40

Is it me but I get the feeling flow and fumper don't get on :-k

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 11 Jul 2019, 18:23

Balboa1 wrote:Is it me but I get the feeling flow and fumper don't get on :-k
Its getting painful their constant bickering on every thread
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Jul 2019, 18:42

In 2017, we had players interviewing players, we had players doing challenges, quizzes and playing games. The togetherness and camaraderie between them shone through and showed in their performances on the pitch. What or who has stopped this and why? At present, they look like a bunch of strangers, not a team of mates who should be willing to run their blood to water for each other.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 11 Jul 2019, 18:56

Fumper27 wrote:In 2017, we had players interviewing players, we had players doing challenges, quizzes and playing games. The togetherness and camaraderie between them shone through and showed in their performances on the pitch. What or who has stopped this and why? At present, they look like a bunch of strangers, not a team of mates who should be willing to run their blood to water for each other.
Dunno but moors has had a face like a slapped ar*e ever since we got rid of roberts.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 11 Jul 2019, 18:57

Fumper27 wrote:In 2017, we had players interviewing players, we had players doing challenges, quizzes and playing games. The togetherness and camaraderie between them shone through and showed in their performances on the pitch. What or who has stopped this and why? At present, they look like a bunch of strangers, not a team of mates who should be willing to run their blood to water for each other.

Agree.
I remember team mates setting Luke gale up and scaring him to death.
I know he’s not with us anymore but jake Webster interviewing fellow team mates.
A togetherness amongst the whole squad.
Looks to me that there’s a split between the playing staff.
Jesses Instagram shows him Pete junior and a couple of wakey players always together.
Might just be me, but thought for a couple of months, there’s a clique.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Jul 2019, 19:00

My guess fumper is Powell tried to turn them into a mean machine that won't bottle the big games tougher training zero tolerance for anyone making a mistake and so on.. theve looked a misrable bunch all season good job we got those early wins on the board or we would be looking at relegation now
Also think what went on in the traing camp and what happened to Benny Roberts as lead to division just to make matters worse
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Jul 2019, 19:05

tigerfeat wrote:My guess fumper is Powell tried to turn them into a mean machine that won't bottle the big games tougher training zero tolerance for anyone making a mistake and so on.. theve looked a misrable bunch all season good job we got those early wins on the board or we would be looking at relegation now
Also think what went on in the traing camp and what happened to Benny Roberts as lead to division just to make matters worse
Nail and head tigerfeat. My thoughts as well. Let’s get 2019 out of the way and hit 2020 like the proverbial steam train.

PS - I’ll be gutted if those two defeats to the Rhinos keeps them in SL

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 11 Jul 2019, 20:48

old cas lass wrote:

Agree.
I know he’s not with us anymore but jake Webster interviewing fellow team mates.
Jesses Instagram shows him Pete junior and a couple of wakey players always together.
Olly Holmes had a good gig going with jy with their own radio show, had players on, had a laugh, but fans soon put a stop to that...
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 11 Jul 2019, 21:00

It’s clear as day to me at least that the squad has never recovered from the Grand Final loss & then the debacle in Lanzarote appears to have created a real & irreparable divide amongst the players.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 11 Jul 2019, 21:21

the machine wrote:
old cas lass wrote:

Agree.
Olly Holmes had a good gig going with jy with their own radio show, had players on, had a laugh, but fans soon put a stop to that...
No, Daryl Powell put a stop to it. He was furious when they invited Zak onto the show. Then Holmes decided to criticise his own team-mates on air. Nothing to do with the fans.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 11 Jul 2019, 21:25

nottinghamtiger wrote:
the machine wrote:
old cas lass wrote:

Agree.
No, Daryl Powell put a stop to it. He was furious when they invited Zak onto the show. Then Holmes decided to criticise his own team-mates on air. Nothing to do with the fans.
Of course not

The outcry from fans forced Powells hand
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan