Greg Eden

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Greg Eden

Post by old cas lass » 11 Jul 2019, 10:19

Can’t see Eden being at the club when his contract expires.
Powell seems to have a bee in his bonnet about him.

Derbyshiretiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Derbyshiretiger » 11 Jul 2019, 10:57

What gets me is I agree that Greg may have in hindsight made the original error if Blair had read the play better, took the ball and gone 80 metres to score and maybe win the game Greg would have been hailed a hero. So many fickle people on here.he saw a chance and took it. Ok it failed but at least he tried something. Hindsight in all walks of life is a wonderful thing

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 11 Jul 2019, 11:16

Derbyshiretiger wrote:What gets me is I agree that Greg may have in hindsight made the original error if Blair had read the play better, took the ball and gone 80 metres to score and maybe win the game Greg would have been hailed a hero. So many fickle people on here.he saw a chance and took it. Ok it failed but at least he tried something. Hindsight in all walks of life is a wonderful thing
Everybody makes mistakes. Rangi did, Gale did. Trouble with Greg is we all expect him to. Every time the ball goes near him in our own 22 there is a collective intake of breath.

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 11 Jul 2019, 11:33

The worst thing about Eden is that he could be a superstar, he has nearly everything you would want in a rugby player (pace,size,evasive skill). What let’s him down is he always (and over his career) makes a mistake whether it’s positioning or catching he always does at least one a match.

I think the criticism of him last week was a bit harsh. If it came off he was a hero. Powell shouldn’t point the finger at Greg he should be thinking why were we chasing the match from pretty much half time. I still think we are struggling for form but I’m more optimistic we will turn it round.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 11 Jul 2019, 12:31

Can't see the point in dropping Greg, he will always be prone to mistakes and that will never change. If Powell doesn't want his charges taking risks Eden is not the man for him and we should try to move him on.

Boom
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Boom » 11 Jul 2019, 13:07

DP has had enough, he's fed up of having the same conversation with Eden.

Powell has been more patient with Eden than any of his previous coaches. It's time to move on.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 11 Jul 2019, 13:30

There's a fairly simple solution for me, when he gets the ball in such circumstances, every player, fan, hot dog seller and bar maid shouts "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

I did on Friday but was sat in my armchair in Fev nursing a poorly back.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 11 Jul 2019, 15:39

Sharlotiger wrote:Can't see the point in dropping Greg, he will always be prone to mistakes and that will never change. If Powell doesn't want his charges taking risks Eden is not the man for him and we should try to move him on.
Exactly. Wont change him. Like Wells said, 3den is a muck or diamonds player.
If this is the rule of thumb then how come it took so long to drop Minikin early season. Has Matautia been dropped at any point? Milner? Mcshane?

Keithy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Keithy » 11 Jul 2019, 18:48

Who's Daryl going to replace him with the faultless Darrell Olpherts?

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 11 Jul 2019, 18:50

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:Can't see the point in dropping Greg, he will always be prone to mistakes and that will never change. If Powell doesn't want his charges taking risks Eden is not the man for him and we should try to move him on.
Exactly. Wont change him. Like Wells said, 3den is a muck or diamonds player.
If this is the rule of thumb then how come it took so long to drop Minikin early season. Has Matautia been dropped at any point? Milner? Mcshane?
Exactly it's complete rubbish by DP. Don't care how good he has been for us. You could name plenty of players making the same basics errors that cost us games but none have been dropped or slated in public.

Were were 4 points down with 8 mins to go. Realistically 3 more sets we had. 5 drives and a kick sh*te isn't going to win you anything in that position. So yes it was a risk maybe dumb but at least he tried somat. Shame the other 16 didn't try anything for 70mins going forward.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 11 Jul 2019, 18:50

I'm probably gonna get slated but I think olpherts will be a decent addition for us Mark my words remember who told you first

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 11 Jul 2019, 20:06

Think theres more to this than just the pass last week. Think something has happened the previous week not rugby related with Eden.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 11 Jul 2019, 21:01

westerbeast wrote:Think theres more to this than just the pass last week. Think something has happened the previous week not rugby related with Eden.
Try as far back as May.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 11 Jul 2019, 21:42

steadygetyerboots-on wrote:
westerbeast wrote:Think theres more to this than just the pass last week. Think something has happened the previous week not rugby related with Eden.
Try as far back as May.
Such as, I'm sure we would all like to know what's going on.