Leeds away

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Leeds away

Post by heritage1926 » 17 May 2019, 11:50

At least we aren't going in to the Saints game defeated before a ball is kicked, bit of optimism now after last nights win.

9 days recovery now for the lads. Think we came out relatively unscathed didn't we? Can't see Salford beating Saints tonight, but hopefully they rough them up.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 17 May 2019, 11:52

Good win which was needed by us fans as much as the team I reckon. The atmosphere was a little muted on the Western Terrace even when we knew we'd got the win, a very nervous crowd. Mata'utia and Trueman certainly picked their game back up and Eden looked better than I've seen him for a long time. Biggest frustration for me is seeing Minikin keep shooting out of the defensive line. It can be forgiven if you make the tackle, but he fell off almost every one of them. He was fairly solid in attack though. Blair showing promise and will get better as he settles. Milner still thick as 5h1t! Liam Watts, take a bow yet again, along with JSL and McMeeken. Lots of positives, also a few negatives, but starting to head in the right direction. Hopefully the win will bring some confidence back into the players, who were playing a little nervous at times.

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 17 May 2019, 12:59

derbystiger wrote:Good win which was needed by us fans as much as the team I reckon. The atmosphere was a little muted on the Western Terrace even when we knew we'd got the win, a very nervous crowd. Mata'utia and Trueman certainly picked their game back up and Eden looked better than I've seen him for a long time. Biggest frustration for me is seeing Minikin keep shooting out of the defensive line. It can be forgiven if you make the tackle, but he fell off almost every one of them. He was fairly solid in attack though. Blair showing promise and will get better as he settles. Milner still thick as 5h1t! Liam Watts, take a bow yet again, along with JSL and McMeeken. Lots of positives, also a few negatives, but starting to head in the right direction. Hopefully the win will bring some confidence back into the players, who were playing a little nervous at times.
Would agree with all of that!! We aren't expected to win next week so it doesn't have much bearing on anything - so long as it doesn't get embarrassing. It is the next few games after that when we can start to build some momentum and start looking to put a decent winning run together.