Aston/ rankin

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Aston/ rankin

Post by Balboa1 » 13 May 2019, 13:13

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Absolutely. Mainly because he put his hand up and played when he was ill as the coaches knew he was
I know he can't help being ill and it's not funny but get the lad to Specsavers thinks he's kicking at the dw stadium

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 13 May 2019, 13:25

I’m not trying to excuse his kicking. It was a key factor in knocking us out of the cup last week

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 13 May 2019, 13:31

Tamworth Tiger wrote:I’m not trying to excuse his kicking. It was a key factor in knocking us out of the cup last week
I know Tamworth one of the balls is in Ponte park boating lake

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 13 May 2019, 13:45

Haha. Mind you a 50 mile kick is impressive!!

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 13 May 2019, 13:51

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Absolutely. Mainly because he put his hand up and played when he was ill as the coaches knew he was
And fair play to him for doing so, the coaches shouldn't have let him play.

I'm not knocking Mata'utia, I think he can be a top player on his day, I just don't think anyone should be safe from being dropped for poor performances, albeit a luxury we don't really have at the minute.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 13 May 2019, 13:56

BigBez10 wrote:

I'm not knocking Mata'utia, I think he can be a top player on his day, I just don't think anyone should be safe from being dropped for poor performances, albeit a luxury we don't really have at the minute.
No one should be safe from drop eden was left out don't perform sit in stands

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 13 May 2019, 14:01

BigBez10 wrote:

Anyone with a brain cell can see he was loving the martyrdom.
Gone right down in my estimation has Pete. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him replaced, yes replaced, in the squad at the end of the year. This is exactly the type of move Jon Wells should be analysing.

Joe Wardle anyone! What an outstanding few games I’ve seen him have recently at centre. Typical....pity if rumours are to be believe that he is a big softie about our facilities. That’s if there’s even a shred of evidence to say he said that.

Smacks more of a fall out with the coaching staff to me, and from what I’m seeing I’m not enjoying Powell’s methods this year. At all really.

Clark leaving is another mistake.
Audacter Et Sincere

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 13 May 2019, 14:06

Mysterio wrote:
BigBez10 wrote:

Gone right down in my estimation has Pete. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him replaced, yes replaced, in the squad at the end of the year. This is exactly the type of move Jon Wells should be analysing.

Joe Wardle anyone! What an outstanding few games I’ve seen him have recently at centre. Typical....pity if rumours are to be believe that he is a big softie about our facilities. That’s if there’s even a shred of evidence to say he said that.

Smacks more of a fall out with the coaching staff to me, and from what I’m seeing I’m not enjoying Powell’s methods this year. At all really.

Damn right it's a mistake and as for Wardle the prima dona did not like our facilities or the setup and I know that's true cause my mates uncles nephew told me

tigertragic
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigertragic » 14 May 2019, 20:34

With dp, we have to take the crunchy with the smooth.
On one hand, he finds and develops diamonds from rocks (gale, Foster, Solamona, mcmeekan, mcshane)

On the other, he falls out with probably one player a season who then leaves under a cloud (Boyle, Wardle, chase, crooks, and I'm sure you can think of more)

And on the other, he rarely plays kids.

All part of the package

Overall I'm a believer

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 May 2019, 23:35

rankin is in talks about staying at cas for longer than 2019, but it depends on wardle who is being a (insert any derogetary remark you feel suitable here) but clarkson has still has not had an extension offer as yet. wonder if thats to make way for some one else? ;)
jo brand is eddie warings love child

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 May 2019, 08:31

The Rankin-Wardle farce again sums up how not to run your recruitment
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 May 2019, 09:06

We sign Wardle from Nrl during last season no one's seen him play at such a poor level goes back to giants straight away gets all his form back reason given he didn't like our facility's lol may or my not be true
We try and swop him for ifiahiko end up getting Rankin because gale got injured who's looked very ordinary
All time we had Aston who could easily and more it appears done the job now were left with Rankin for another season wether we like it or not because Wardle won't play ball
Seriously you could not make it up I'd you tried
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

CB5

Post by CB5 » 15 May 2019, 11:14

flow wrote:
the machine wrote:
flow wrote:
the machine wrote:Got turner or Rankin for fullback if we move Pete
Your missing the point we need to try rankin and aston at halfs trueman ia doing nothing in half's. Always thought trueman would make better fullback then half back.
He's not that productive because 1. He's knackered from being exposed to so much rugby at a young age in a pivotal position and 2. Because he's missing having gale take the reigns and give him the freedom his game needs at this point

Moving him to fullback wouldn't solve anything
I disagree with you should be peaking at his age i think its a simple case he as being over rated and not that creative never sends any body through a gap or takes line on.
Not the biggest advocate for Trueman but peaking, really?

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 15 May 2019, 11:42

Mysterio wrote:
BigBez10 wrote:

I heard Warsle didn't get on with Powell. And some other senior players because of that.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 17 May 2019, 09:52

We don't want Wardle back but hudds do want him. 8 guess it'll be whether we want rankin and should he want to stay. The balls in our court, we have the upper hand.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 May 2019, 10:18

When’s wardle contract run out with us.
If we arnt keeping Rankin and wardle as to come back to us, then give hudds the opportunity to buy him off us.
I’m sure I’ve seen somewhere this swap deal is to last another year.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 17 May 2019, 10:32

old cas lass wrote:When’s wardle contract run out with us.
If we arnt keeping Rankin and wardle as to come back to us, then give hudds the opportunity to buy him off us.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 17 May 2019, 11:03

Fumper27 wrote:
old cas lass wrote:When’s wardle contract run out with us.
I was under the impression that they were both contracted you the end of 2020. I might have felt differently about rankin if he'd played well and not got injured, I suppose he's still got time. At the moment Cory has the spot.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 May 2019, 11:08

Problem with rankin he’s a quota spot.
When everyone is fit we have gale/trueman/Ellis/Aston and Rankin. Do we need all them half backs.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 17 May 2019, 11:21

old cas lass wrote:Problem with rankin he’s a quota spot.
When everyone is fit we have gale/trueman/Ellis/Aston and Rankin. Do we need all them half backs.
That goes against him for me. At the moment I wouldn't keep him. The quota spots can be used better, if the quota players aren't in the first 17, then it's a waste.