Leeds away

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Leeds away

Post by duke street 10 » 16 May 2019, 23:51

heritage1926 wrote:Great to see McMeekan and Jesse playing with flair again. Proper back rowers for me. Question is, where does Oli Holmes fit in? Apart from decent defence, he offers no where near what the other 2 do with the ball. He kills the attack when he touches it. Even Foster is a better back row option.
Agree about Holmes. For me he plays when the others you've mentioned are injured.

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 17 May 2019, 00:08

Did Watts play full 80?

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 17 May 2019, 00:10

usacas wrote:Did Watts play full 80?
No. Came off and then did a long final stint

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 17 May 2019, 05:49

Much better performance which will lift confidence levels in the squad.

JSL back to his best and set the tone for everyone.

Truey raised his game and caused problems (anyone who knocks the young lad at the moment knows nothing about the game and can't read the situation the squad has been in recently).

We now need to maintain those levels against Saints - even if the result doesn't go our way.

Have to call out Liam Watts again who is having a magnificent season.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 May 2019, 06:38

Millington and Watts gave us the platform in the early stages both making good yards Pete at full back looked good no fear of him dropping the high balls, Trueman a very solid match allover a good team performance their only try came from a knock on , big ask next week against Saints, COME ON YE FORD

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 17 May 2019, 06:58

SuffolkTiger wrote:Much better performance which will lift confidence levels in the squad.

Truey raised his game and caused problems (anyone who knocks the young lad at the moment knows nothing about the game and can't read the situation the squad has been in recently).

We now need to maintain those levels against Saints - even if the result doesn't go our way.

yes trueman was a lot better tonight but the last five games he was not. to say people knocking him for lack lustre performance over this period that they don't now the game its probably opposite the lad needs a kick up the ass like any body else who is not performing . You cant come on here and post only when we have had a good win and knock people who the hard posting when things not going so well .

TiGR

Post by TiGR » 17 May 2019, 08:15

gateman wrote:Pete at full back looked good no fear of him dropping the high balls
Had a good night with the boot too, first time I've felt a bit of confidence on the conversions out wide while Gales been out, could be important for the run in. Next week though... 8-[

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 17 May 2019, 08:22

Pete solid under the high bomb as always and kicked well. Also joined the line well in attacks to outwide.

Minikin and Clare played well but not much of a challenge. Majorly tested next week and will probably struggle.

Blair and Eden played well. Happy for them 2 to keep going.

Trueman and Rankin for me are the halves barring injury. Rankin offered more than Aston attacking right in his short stint.

Front row of Watts, McShane and Millo is up with best in league on their day easy.

Meeks and Jesse could be best second row partnership in league. Awesome both of them.

Massey and Milner at loose I'm unsure about. Both try their heart out but make too many mistake. I would play Foster here if and when fit. Not many mistakes and his work rate is like a machine.

Any news on Shenton, Moors and Foster? For me these are the only 3 we are missing. (obviously Gale too but he's probably out for season)

Shenton for Clare pushing Minikin on wing.
Moors for Clark as Clark doesn't play logged enough
Foster for Massey or Milner as he makes less mistakes

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 17 May 2019, 08:32

Swagger wrote:Massey and Milner at loose I'm unsure about. Both try their heart out but make too many mistake. I would play Foster here if and when fit. Not many mistakes and his work rate is like a machine.
Agree about Massey and Milner. I'd really like to see Powell give Danny Smith a chance at loose, it's his best position IMO. Wakefield and Huddersfield failed to utilise him properly.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 17 May 2019, 08:37

Got to agree with most people here. Much better performance all round and looking more like we can play.

Watts outstanding yet again,Truman much more involved and defence much better. Both Maccas were all n it and JSL probably one of his better games for Cas.

All in all it’s 2 more points, another win at that hole and feeling much better about the next few weeks.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 17 May 2019, 08:44

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Got to agree with most people here. Much better performance all round and looking more like we can play.

Watts outstanding yet again,Truman much more involved and defence much better. Both Maccas were on it and JSL probably one of his better games for Cas.

All in all it’s 2 more points, another win at that hole and feeling much better about the next few weeks.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 May 2019, 08:45

Always hard to judge a game like this because the opposition is so poor it inevitably makes the team beating them look rather good.

I thought it was a solid if not unspectacular performance from us. Considerable improvement by some players but overall I don't think we were anywhere near our best. Still - another 2 points on the board and that's all we have to do to keep in the race and you can only play what's in front of you too.

Our 1 on 1 defence at times is still pretty poor with Leeds able to get free of the tackle, offload or some players making real poor attempts at tackles.

I thought Matautia and Eden came back strongly, Millington seemed to be better than he was pre-injury, and Jesse had a super game too. Also thought Rankin looked dangerous when he came on too.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 17 May 2019, 08:48

Sometimes a team just needs a win and a better performance to get things on track and it usually comes against a crap side as it did last night. Next week they won’t be as bad but confidence should be higher and who knows.

Nobody wins every game every week especially with a full 13 out injured.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 17 May 2019, 08:50

HuddsTigers wrote:Always hard to judge a game like this because the opposition is so poor it inevitably makes the team beating them look rather good.

I thought it was a solid if not unspectacular performance from us. Considerable improvement by some players but overall I don't think we were anywhere near our best. Still - another 2 points on the board and that's all we have to do to keep in the race and you can only play what's in front of you too.

Our 1 on 1 defence at times is still pretty poor with Leeds able to get free of the tackle, offload or some players making real poor attempts at tackles.

I thought Matautia and Eden came back strongly, Millington seemed to be better than he was pre-injury, and Jesse had a super game too. Also thought Rankin looked dangerous when he came on too.
think this about sums the game up with out getting carried away about the performance good post lad :clap: :clap:

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 May 2019, 08:56

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Sometimes a team just needs a win and a better performance to get things on track and it usually comes against a crap side as it did last night. Next week they won’t be as bad but confidence should be higher and who knows.

Nobody wins every game every week especially with a full 13 out injured.
Agree you could see there was a better spirit I don't think it matters how poor leeds are or if we win next week as long as we give saints a game and keep improving Milner needs dropping you can't play saints and give daft penaltys away to them
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 17 May 2019, 09:15

SuffolkTiger wrote:Much better performance which will lift confidence levels in the squad.

Good summary mate. Trudy looks like he took to heart the tough words he obviously got along with others and improved his performance. He also showed his maturity by saying at the end of the game that there is more to do if we want to beat teams like Saints

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 17 May 2019, 09:18

Swagger wrote:Pete solid under the high bomb as always and kicked well. Also joined the line well in attacks to outwide.

Minikin and Clare played well but not much of a challenge. Majorly tested next week and will probably struggle.

Blair and Eden played well. Happy for them 2 to keep going.

Trueman and Rankin for me are the halves barring injury. Rankin offered more than Aston attacking right in his short stint.

Front row of Watts, McShane and Millo is up with best in league on their day easy.

Meeks and Jesse could be best second row partnership in league. Awesome both of them.

Massey and Milner at loose I'm unsure about. Both try their heart out but make too many mistake. I would play Foster here if and when fit. Not many mistakes and his work rate is like a machine.

Any news on Shenton, Moors and Foster? For me these are the only 3 we are missing. (obviously Gale too but he's probably out for season)

Shenton for Clare pushing Minikin on wing.
Moors for Clark as Clark doesn't play logged enough
Foster for Massey or Milner as he makes less mistakes
Shenny said in ‘Roar’ that he had had his op and was looking to return by the end of July

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 17 May 2019, 10:04

heritage1926 wrote:Great to see McMeekan and Jesse playing with flair again. Proper back rowers for me. Question is, where does Oli Holmes fit in? Apart from decent defence, he offers no where near what the other 2 do with the ball. He kills the attack when he touches it. Even Foster is a better back row option.
He doesn't.

JSL and McMeeken starting 2nd rowers. With Clarkson and Holmes as backup

Foster or Smith at 13 for me (Foster can also cover 2nd row)

Massey backup to cover for props

Milner backup for Macca

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 17 May 2019, 11:18

I thought we played well last night against a team low in confidence the same as us but we choked the life ouit of them. Nice to be back in the top 5.

We need to put a lot of effort into the saints match but expect us to lose. Tbh, they've ripped every club a new one this year.

The good thing is we've players coming back, by the time we hit the last quarter of the season we could be nearly full strength
That's the time to build momentum and with players relatively fresh.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 17 May 2019, 11:49

flow wrote:

yes trueman was a lot better tonight but the last five games he was not. to say people knocking him for lack lustre performance over this period that they don't now the game its probably opposite the lad needs a kick up the ass like any body else who is not performing . You cant come on here and post only when we have had a good win and knock people who the hard posting when things not going so well .
Your obvious lack of emotional intelligence continues to make me smile.

I think I've got the general point you are trying to make although, as with your other posts, it's difficult to interpret due to the poor quality of your spelling, grammar and incorrect choice of words.

Despite your ultimatum, I'm pretty sure that any of us can post on this forum as often as we please as long as we comply with the forum guidelines.

I will listen to experienced and valued people across the sport who continue to praise what Jake has contributed over the last 18 months, some of it in very difficult circumstances, as opposed to taking any notice of your crude suggestion of how DP might want to continue to nurture an emerging talent.