Leeds away

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Leeds away

Post by westerbeast » 16 May 2019, 22:02

SREGITSAC wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Thought McClelland did well for them as a bit about him I thought
Agree, he was their most dangerous player and hard to get hold of.

For all the negativity around our backs, I struggle to fault any of them tonight.
Did Aston actually play ????? Did nowt tonight

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 16 May 2019, 22:02

westerbeast wrote:
CB5 wrote:
Swagger wrote:Adam Milner 3 ball steals today and all clear as day. He is a liability whether we are 22 up or not there is no need.
Shadow of the player he used to be. Looks completely off the pace
Simply not big enough for a modern day 13, hooker yes 13 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
The size of him should effect how many pens he concedes every game
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 16 May 2019, 22:03

Good game overall from us

Some good moves

Some good defence

Matautia and eden definitely made up for recent performances
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 16 May 2019, 22:07

the machine wrote:
westerbeast wrote:
CB5 wrote:
Swagger wrote:Adam Milner 3 ball steals today and all clear as day. He is a liability whether we are 22 up or not there is no need.
Shadow of the player he used to be. Looks completely off the pace
Simply not big enough for a modern day 13, hooker yes 13 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
The size of him should effect how many pens he concedes every game
That's the only way he knows how to try dominate a tackle when hes been knocked on his arse by a bigger bloke. I know I'll pinch the ball off him ](*,)

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 16 May 2019, 22:10

Thought matautia and Eden linked really well, would like to see more of that.
Jesse was superb down the left, tormented Leeds all night.
Special mention to mcmeeken, he’s starting to hit form at last.
Watts is just watts.
Trueman at last got his hands on the ball, thanks to the dominance of our pack.

All in all a 8/10

Oh and Blair looking like he’s settling nicely.
COYF

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 16 May 2019, 22:12

flow wrote:
Swagger wrote:Trueman playing really well today. Couple of really good try assists as well as tackling well. Much improved.
Ffs defense is still bad no line speed or enthusiasm
which game are you watching?
jo brand is eddie warings love child

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 16 May 2019, 22:15

think trueman summed it up in after game interview if don't play better then that will get ripped apart against saints .London must be fancying themselves in relegation match against leeds next week after there last two performances

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 16 May 2019, 22:16

lurcher wrote:
flow wrote:
Swagger wrote:Trueman playing really well today. Couple of really good try assists as well as tackling well. Much improved.
He did set up some good trys but he could have set up a few more if he had found the last pass as we had a few overlaps and couldnt find them

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 16 May 2019, 22:17

lurcher wrote:
flow wrote:
tonights leeds made too many yards around play the ball because no line speed a top team would have taken advantage off this

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 16 May 2019, 22:19

very happy with our performance and the win. however this must be one of the worst leeds team ever.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 May 2019, 22:20

flow wrote:think trueman summed it up in after game interview if don't play better then that will get ripped apart against saints .London must be fancying themselves in relegation match against leeds next week after there last two performances
In the words of Kevin Keegan id luuuuuuuvvvvv it if we beat saints just to see what you would moan about
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 16 May 2019, 22:30

tigerfeat wrote:
flow wrote:think trueman summed it up in after game interview if don't play better then that will get ripped apart against saints .London must be fancying themselves in relegation match against leeds next week after there last two performances
In the words of Kevin Keegan id luuuuuuuvvvvv it if we beat saints just to see what you would moan about
every hopes we beat st helens just saying truman summed it up very well. lets not get giddy beat worst team in league who lost to championship last week .Were not fare off now next two games be good pointers were we are not tonights game. we are up to third like :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Brummietiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Brummietiger » 16 May 2019, 22:30

westerbeast wrote:
SREGITSAC wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Thought McClelland did well for them as a bit about him I thought
Agree, he was their most dangerous player and hard to get hold of.

For all the negativity around our backs, I struggle to fault any of them tonight.
Did Aston actually play ????? Did nowt tonight
Dogged in tackle all night, no mistakes or calamities, Cas ahead in the game at the point he was taken off and for the length of time he was on the pitch, contributed well in a welcome and desperately yearned for 2 points. It was obvious Rankin on the bench meant Truey or Corey were planned to be replaced at some point in the game.

Blair beginning to show flashes of what we might be to come and Watts, just his awesome self as usual. Milner, no comment.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 16 May 2019, 22:48

We went into this with confidence Rock bottom.
Leeds must have been fired up after their humiliation last week and also celebrate the completion of their ground renovation.
Both teams with a lot to prove.
We beat em and did it well.
We were not great.
First time we've scored thirty for a while.
Yes we could have scored more but we defended well.
Hopefully it will give us a some confidence going forward
Rhino's will have a lot of empty seats if they carry on like this.
COYF .

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 16 May 2019, 22:54

Much much better. Attack much more fluent with Trueman doing more than just kick, reckon the coaching staff have had a word there. Peanut very good at the back and Watts and JSL excellent up front. Need to keep that up now.

Although best not to get carried away because Leeds are dire. Which is nice.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 16 May 2019, 22:59

Great to see McMeekan and Jesse playing with flair again. Proper back rowers for me. Question is, where does Oli Holmes fit in? Apart from decent defence, he offers no where near what the other 2 do with the ball. He kills the attack when he touches it. Even Foster is a better back row option.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 16 May 2019, 23:12

as that performance changed any bodys mind about going next week who were un decided think we might surprise a few people next week saints not got a cracking record on the big stage :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Last edited by flow on 16 May 2019, 23:19, edited 1 time in total.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 16 May 2019, 23:18

Lovely peeing on their parade with plastic new stand opening. Ripped atmosphere out of that ground now. Corporate baba.

Delighted to get 2 points and dominate.
Jesse first try was a shocker from what I saw. Thought we were comfortably better side though and finally started putting things together. Rankin made a difference for me.
As said Watts v good. Mcmeeken quality. Matautia improved. Blair coming on nicely. Trueman impressed me. Much more direct at times. Millo got stuck in and did a good job.
Interestingly Clark did another v short stint and looked all over the place in defensive reads before he was taken off.
Milner has really regressed. His contributions seem to be way more negative than positive. Minikin had a few moments where he looked lively with the ball but his contact and technique in the tackle are so poor.
All in all a long way to go still but signs are brighter. Leeds though are genuinely weak. They had a 10 min spell but offered little other than that.
We are moving in right direction at least. :clap:

The Badger

Post by The Badger » 16 May 2019, 23:23

Truman missed at least 3 glaring overlaps on the left edge tonight that would have been tries if Gale was playing. Put that with a legal ball strip from Truman some how given as a penalty against Cas for Leeds first 2 points and the knock on in the lead up to Leeds only try. We could have won that 50 nil. Still not fluent or fixed enough to beat St Helens next week. But I hope like hell Leeds go down. And Sinfield will still be saying ‘we are going through a process it will be tough Club was rotten till I turned up’ Ha Ha :dance:

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 May 2019, 23:24

I don't know what's happened to Milner he was playing for England not long since
Powells just said he was pleased with the response he got from Greg Eden after he dropped him I'm sure he will be thinking of doing same with Milner
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi