Leeds away

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Leeds away

Post by Balboa1 » 15 May 2019, 14:21

The Firm wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
lurcher wrote:hearing blair is doubtful
Just depressed me before I go to bed.
What’s up with him.
He got eye strain looking for a get-out clause in his contract.
:D

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 15 May 2019, 14:24

CB5 wrote:
flow wrote:If he is out injured all ready sums are recruitment up we seam to be the club every body off loads players that have had a bad injury or total loss off form or falling out with there club .Never sign a player on there present good form.
Realistically, who would you sign? I highly doubt players in the peak of their NRL career are going to give up their money and lifestyle to come play in a shed in Cas for less money. There's no wonder we get NRL offloads and ones wanting to try SL out before they retire. We can not compete
To be fair your right any little jewels in the championship to snap up at centre

CB5

Post by CB5 » 15 May 2019, 14:32

Balboa1 wrote:
CB5 wrote:
flow wrote:If he is out injured all ready sums are recruitment up we seam to be the club every body off loads players that have had a bad injury or total loss off form or falling out with there club .Never sign a player on there present good form.
Realistically, who would you sign? I highly doubt players in the peak of their NRL career are going to give up their money and lifestyle to come play in a shed in Cas for less money. There's no wonder we get NRL offloads and ones wanting to try SL out before they retire. We can not compete
To be fair your right any little jewels in the championship to snap up at centre
Look down there or teams offloading players they no longer want who can do an half decent job. Not got the aesthetics of places like Leeds for example. Albeit they're terrible at the moment but they're a much more appealing team location, ground and facilities wise.

Problem with going to gems in Championship is you end up in a viscous cycle with the likes of some of the players we have now. Soon get found out playing at the highest level and then fans lynching them out (myself included.) Reserve grade here needs restructuring and more money available to properly develop youngsters. The RFL needs to quickly improve the game somehow for us to be able to compete and thus turn over and recruit better players. Because based of our recruitment over that last coupe of years, we can't be quids in and that's why we haven't gone silly with signings and I mention RFL because the way they structure the game kills it for the fans which generate income for clubs. It wasn't too long ago we was in the red and I doubt they're in a rush to go back.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 15 May 2019, 14:41

CB5 wrote:
Balboa1 wrote:
CB5 wrote:
Look down there or teams offloading players they no longer want who can do an half decent job. Not got the aesthetics of places like Leeds for example. Albeit they're terrible at the moment but they're a much more appealing team location, ground and facilities wise.

Problem with going to gems in Championship is you end up in a viscous cycle with the likes of some of the players we have now. Soon get found out playing at the highest level and then fans lynching them out (myself included.) Reserve grade here needs restructuring and more money available to properly develop youngsters. The RFL needs to quickly improve the game somehow for us to be able to compete and thus turn over and recruit better players. Because based of our recruitment over that last coupe of years, we can't be quids in and that's why we haven't gone silly with signings and I mention RFL because the way they structure the game kills it for the fans which generate income for clubs. It wasn't too long ago we was in the red and I doubt they're in a rush to go back.
Fair point but at the moment we are not getting the crowds we did last season so some moral is down cause people are staying away real shame and it hurts

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 15 May 2019, 15:09

Balboa1 wrote:To be fair your right any little jewels in the championship to snap up at centre
Neither are centres but Ethan Ryan & Ross Peltier both look good for Bradford.

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 15 May 2019, 16:44

Balboa1 wrote:
flow wrote:
Balboa1 wrote:
CB5 wrote:
Balboa1 wrote:How bout eden centre Blair on the wing :dance:
I want to accept the fact your joking but we're on a Cas forum with Cas fans and after what I see and read on here and the Facebook page, I have my doubts :lol:
I am a fan and av been for many years cheers maybe tongue in cheek Blair would be good on wing though =P~
If he is out injured all ready sums are recruitment up we seam to be the club every body off loads players that have had a bad injury or total loss off form or falling out with there club .Never sign a player on there present good form.
Av i missed something who's injured now? :-k

Well the player the forum is in uproar about can be seen in photos of the captains run today ](*,)

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 15 May 2019, 16:53

Seen the captains run photos.
Cheyse Blair is there training.

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 15 May 2019, 17:43

Seem to remember that 'whispering'Tony Kemp came from reserve grade side in Aus and that a Cas legend was signed from York .....yet the leg end that was Sean Rudder was half back partner to Aus international...

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 15 May 2019, 17:46

the happy hooker9 wrote:Seem to remember that 'whispering'Tony Kemp came from reserve grade side in Aus and that a Cas legend was signed from York .....yet the leg end that was Sean Rudder was half back partner to Aus international...
Times have changed though matey.

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 15 May 2019, 19:15

Leeds 12 cas 22

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 15 May 2019, 20:10

It could be more hope than anything, but I would expect a response from Cas after that last display. Especially with what DP was saying.
If the boys don't lift themselves up for this game, considering everything, then there really is no hope.

i think/hope Cas will squeeze out a win.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 15 May 2019, 20:30

smarty_tiger wrote:It could be more hope than anything, but I would expect a response from Cas after that last display. Especially with what DP was saying.
If the boys don't lift themselves up for this game, considering everything, then there really is no hope.

i think/hope Cas will squeeze out a win.
I do too cause worst memory i av of rhinos is getting off coach on way back from Wembley and their lot shoving it down my throat while I ate me big Mac Leeds 10 cas 28

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 15 May 2019, 20:40

We're 15 rounds in as of tomorrow, is it a must win?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 15 May 2019, 20:57

heritage1926 wrote:We're 15 rounds in as of tomorrow, is it a must win?

In the respect we need to get back to winning ways.
Once we get in a rut of losing its hard to get out of it.
So yes it is important we get back to winning ways.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 15 May 2019, 21:01

old cas lass wrote:

In the respect we need to get back to winning ways.
Once we get in a rut of losing its hard to get out of it.
So yes it is important we get back to winning ways.
I think a win would give us all the boost we need at moment ad so much success over last few years we av come to expect wins rather than putting in a good performance of past

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 16 May 2019, 09:25

Id go

Rankin
Minikin
Mata'utia
Blair
Eden
Rankin / Trueman
Aston / Rankin

Think dp will go

Mata’utia
Clare
Minikin
Blair
Eden
Trueman
Rankin / Aston
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 16 May 2019, 10:00

I think the performance is more important. These lack-lustre displays have to stop. The players walking around feeling sorry for themselves have to stop. These pre-made excuses due to injuries need to stop. If the team give it their all then we will win, but if we lose down to some dodgy decision or genuine bad luck and the performance was there for the 80 then I will have no complaints. well maybe a little one :D

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 16 May 2019, 11:00

Just wish more players would take Liam Watts' example on the field.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 16 May 2019, 12:58

Burratha wrote:Just wish more players would take Liam Watts' example on the field.
Or Mitch clark what a player :clap:

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 16 May 2019, 13:06

Balboa1 wrote:
Burratha wrote:Just wish more players would take Liam Watts' example on the field.
Or Mitch clark what a player :clap:
Beginning to think you are Mr Clark
CLASSY CAS FOREVER