Next.....Salford

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Next.....Salford

Post by Swagger » 17 Mar 2019, 18:44

Saints next week though. Powell has a tough one to decide who plays on that right hand side.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 17 Mar 2019, 18:55

Foster was at fault for 2tries missing 1 on 1 tackles but somehow Minikin the one taking all the heat n Foster not even been mentioned.

Infact Foster twice missed his 1 on 1 tackle for there last try aswell so could say he was at fault for 3tries.
Last edited by jackknife on 17 Mar 2019, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 17 Mar 2019, 18:57

the machine wrote:
fords wrote:Jesus. Didn't think Minikin could play any worse than last week but he has just proved me wrong
Will everyone be asking for him to be dropped then?
yeah, he was lucky not to be dropped this week. Played just as bad. Play Gill on wing

PM
Gill
Foster
Shenton
Eden
Rankin
Trueman

Would be my back line on Friday

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 17 Mar 2019, 19:02

fords wrote:
the machine wrote:
fords wrote:Jesus. Didn't think Minikin could play any worse than last week but he has just proved me wrong
yeah, he was lucky not to be dropped this week. Played just as bad. Play Gill on wing

PM
Gill
Foster
Shenton
Eden
Rankin
Trueman

Is Gill fit yet, thought he was on loan at Newcastle for the season.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 17 Mar 2019, 19:03

Foster was worse player on pitch today ffs just get a center its so obvious what we need come on mr wells

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 17 Mar 2019, 19:04

43s flyer wrote:I don't like to bag players, but I think Minikin has gone backwards since his injuries.
Agree. Seems to have regressed. Just as much at fault as Clare was last week, poor this week but I bet he won't get dropped like Clare did. Minikin has a big upside/potential. Really hope he turns it round

I am happy with 2 points though. Did it tough.
Watts is monumental for us. Huge influence like Macca and Moors. We lose go forward without them.
Ioggy went well.
Trueman was quality too.
Got to be better to compete with Saints next week.
WRE so poor for atmosphere nowadays. Paltry joining in by some. Not enough getting behind them in my opinion. Hopefully more vocal under lights on Friday v Saints.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 17 Mar 2019, 19:11

Sharlotiger wrote:
fords wrote:
the machine wrote:

PM
Gill
Foster
Shenton
Eden
Rankin
Trueman

Is Gill fit yet, thought he was on loan at Newcastle for the season.
He can be recalled after initial 10 weeks. Not 100% sure of the date it started though

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Mar 2019, 19:11

SuffolkTiger wrote:Bloody hell that was nervy.

2 points though and we move on.

Yeah to St. Helens.
Can’t for the life of me see us getting anything from that game.
We will have millington back thank god.
Need mcmeeken back ASAP to tighten that right side.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 17 Mar 2019, 19:13

flow wrote:Foster was worse player on pitch today ffs just get a center its so obvious what we need come on mr wells
Need a centre and wing but isn't that what we have all been saying past 3months .....

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 17 Mar 2019, 19:19

fords wrote:
flow wrote:Foster was worse player on pitch today ffs just get a center its so obvious what we need come on mr wells
Need a centre and wing but isn't that what we have all been saying past 3months .....
Surely we will look to go into the market for a centre now Powell as realised what everyone on here knew all along that Minikin wasn't up to it and Foster is far better suited to the back row.
Come on Wellsy surely you must have someone in mind....

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 17 Mar 2019, 19:50

Powell put two of our best defenders Oggy and Foster down the right and we still concede very soft tries down that side. It's last year's full back issue all over again.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Mar 2019, 19:55

Casmoley wrote:Powell put two of our best defenders Oggy and Foster down the right and we still concede very soft tries down that side. It's last year's full back issue all over again.
But it was obvious what was going to happen thats what amazes me that's why I would have kept Webster yes he was on his last legs but he was a proper centre who knew how to defend like a proper centre
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Mar 2019, 20:06

nice to see OGGY back he run some good lines, Milner must have the most penalty's given away in our team but he gives 100% and I am glad to have them both back, Salford are a vastly improved team since the signing of Hastings some player that lad , onto Saints last year they looked a better team with Barber in it, I think we have every chance of turning them over this week, COME ON YE FORD

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 17 Mar 2019, 20:32

Alex foster is not a centre . When will we ever learn our lesson . We need a centre in or we will not win anything at all

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 17 Mar 2019, 21:03

Foster was definitely at fault for at least two of their tries, but both centre and wing on that right side look full of panic. Even when they stop the opposition, they look unsure of where they should be and just hit the panic button, which tends to lead Minikin to come rushing out with more hope than belief he has wrapped his man up. Let's be honest though, we all panic when they come that side :lol: The opposition know it and Saints will be hammering that edge on Friday. tough ask of the boys on this next game.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 17 Mar 2019, 21:30

Cook and Moors my contenders for M. O. M.
Great to see Massey celebrate new deal with a try.
Good to have Oggy back.
Rankin good defence and kicking other than missing his easiest conversion possibly best game so far.
Watt's enough said.
Jesse lively as ever.
Macca as ever though an unnecessary sin binning.
A wins a win.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 17 Mar 2019, 21:36

impressed by that salford side, it was only in the last 20 mins our pack finally won the arm wrestle and thats what won us the game eventually. they matched us in the backs and aren't afraid to throw the ball about. thought jesse ran peanut close for mom.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Mar 2019, 21:49

lurcher wrote:impressed by that salford side, it was only in the last 20 mins our pack finally won the arm wrestle and thats what won us the game eventually. they matched us in the backs and aren't afraid to throw the ball about. thought jesse ran peanut close for mom.
Hastings is a terrific player and showed a nice touch shaking hands with the young lads waving the flags while Salford were warming up
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 17 Mar 2019, 21:56

It's amazing how you all come on here bagging Minikin and not one of you give the man credit for getting back to stop a certain try in the first half. This was without doubt a game changer but I suppose you only see the bad side of things, what about stupid penalties that cost us tries and a needless sin bin, why not blame Minikin for those.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Mar 2019, 22:02

sparky49 wrote:It's amazing how you all come on here bagging Minikin and not one of you give the man credit for getting back to stop a certain try in the first half. This was without doubt a game changer but I suppose you only see the bad side of things, what about stupid penalties that cost us tries and a needless sin bin, why not blame Minikin for those.
That was a great bit of defending.
Not sure who the Salford player was, just glad it wasn’t a speed merchant or he’d have been under the post.