New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Squaddie86
Dean Widders
Posts: 491
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:42 am

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Squaddie86 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:04 pm

HuddsTigers wrote:If it was Cas getting it I think everyone's reaction would be slightly different, .

I'm on record on this forum in my opposition to tax money being spent on professional sports teams - Cas included.

The only way I'd find it acceptable is if the money was on a public facility complete with things like a pool, athletic track, multi use sports surfaces/training facilities etc. Which were open to all.

TT Tiger
Danny Orr
Posts: 2260
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:02 pm

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by TT Tiger » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:42 pm

Squaddie86 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:If it was Cas getting it I think everyone's reaction would be slightly different, .

I'm on record on this forum in my opposition to tax money being spent on professional sports teams - Cas included.

The only way I'd find it acceptable is if the money was on a public facility complete with things like a pool, athletic track, multi use sports surfaces/training facilities etc. Which were open to all.
^^^^this
Not that I live in wmdc but I can understand exactly the feelings here.

casjunction
Danny Orr
Posts: 1306
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by casjunction » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:59 pm

For more than a decade austerity has been the political mantra.
The consequences are there for all to.
Cuts to public services.
Public Sector pay freeze.
Food banks.
I could go on.
Sports and politics a few scandals there.
So it raises many questions.
But there again many of the the arts receive public money and some are more popular with those with money.
Seem to remember political shinanigan over ar Salford not too long ago.
I see no financial logic.
Trinity should do all. they can to secure this deal.
It will never come again.

Dunkirk Spirit
Sean Rudder
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:38 pm

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Dunkirk Spirit » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:58 pm

Good evening, first post on this forum, I am a Trinity fan first a rugby league fan second. I read with interest most forums but seldom post. I would like to comment re the Trinity stadium. At this current time as far as I’m aware, the Council has only proposed the loan. The Council have made such statements before but never delivered. The stadium trust has made no comment yet, and our chairman John Minards advised fans to accept only the statements made by the Trust/club. It’s understandable that some of our fans are excited about this news, but any Council statements have to be taken with a pinch of salt. Both Cas and Trinity clubs and fans have been let down by both Council and developers over the years. I think for both sets of fans it’s a case of wait and see. I do hope both our clubs get what we have been promised by the developers.

Thank you

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 15367
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:55 am

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by HuddsTigers » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:59 pm

PLANNING PERMISSION GRANTED:
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

User avatar
old cas lass
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 16784
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by old cas lass » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:03 pm

HuddsTigers wrote:PLANNING PERMISSION GRANTED:
Good news, but nothing can happen until we get another 15% units signed up.
That could take an eternity. So still a waiting game.

TheSheriff
Danny Orr
Posts: 2519
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:24 pm

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by TheSheriff » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:28 pm

old cas lass wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:PLANNING PERMISSION GRANTED:
Good news, but nothing can happen until we get another 15% units signed up.
That could take an eternity. So still a waiting game.
It's another 11 stores. Now it has PP all the units, never mind the 11 needed to build will be eaten up by companies...They know it'll happen so can commit to the project and going public with it.

tigerfeat
Kevin Ward
Posts: 8442
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by tigerfeat » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:34 pm

Great news ....I never thought we would get to this stage ...exciting times ahead now
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

casjunction
Danny Orr
Posts: 1306
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by casjunction » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:13 pm

Evening Dunkirk Spirit.
Coming on here with a well reasoned, objective and balanced post.
We can do with trouble causer like you.
Welcome aboard.

User avatar
lurcher
Adrian Vowles
Posts: 9632
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:25 pm
Location: bridlington

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by lurcher » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:18 am

TheSheriff wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:PLANNING PERMISSION GRANTED:
Good news, but nothing can happen until we get another 15% units signed up.
That could take an eternity. So still a waiting game.
It's another 11 stores. Now it has PP all the units, never mind the 11 needed to build will be eaten up by companies...They know it'll happen so can commit to the project and going public with it.
correct mate, axiom/lateral always said once pp was complete lots more would sign up.
makes sense really, would any body buy a new house off plan before pp was granted?
jo brand is eddie warings love child

User avatar
lurcher
Adrian Vowles
Posts: 9632
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:25 pm
Location: bridlington

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by lurcher » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:42 am

JIN JER wrote:Don't get wound up too quickly, wait and see what the details are. I can't imagine for a minute that WMDC can just take out a loan for a private sporting club and give £3.1M to said club, the loan must have to be ratified somewhere along the line.
i agree to some extent jinj mate my post late last night was maybe a tad hasty in some respects.
having thought about it a bit more deeply i do have a major concern.
when this whole newmarket epic started it was the trust that would own the community stadium and rent it back to the club. (anchor tenants) and i don't think any one had a problem with that. although the trust were warned many times by a cas poster that they had taken their eye off the ball and it would never happen. he has been proved right so far.
my worry now is that this loan is to "the club" which i assume means the said owner of the club.
if this is so mc got the club for nothing and and by virtue of a very generous gesture by wmdc now stands to make £millions in profit if he sells the club. as you say its best to wait for details but if this is true it makes you wonder if mc has actually been in league with *^&"£$+_*&% all the time. he is first and foremost a businessman after all. as always mate we'll have to wait and see.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

User avatar
lurcher
Adrian Vowles
Posts: 9632
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:25 pm
Location: bridlington

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by lurcher » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:45 am

Dunkirk Spirit wrote:Good evening, first post on this forum, I am a Trinity fan first a rugby league fan second. I read with interest most forums but seldom post. I would like to comment re the Trinity stadium. At this current time as far as I’m aware, the Council has only proposed the loan. The Council have made such statements before but never delivered. The stadium trust has made no comment yet, and our chairman John Minards advised fans to accept only the statements made by the Trust/club. It’s understandable that some of our fans are excited about this news, but any Council statements have to be taken with a pinch of salt. Both Cas and Trinity clubs and fans have been let down by both Council and developers over the years. I think for both sets of fans it’s a case of wait and see. I do hope both our clubs get what we have been promised by the developers.

Thank you
welcome on board mate, opposition fans are always welcome on here and jinjer is testament to that.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

flow
BANNED
BANNED
Posts: 1743
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by flow » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:26 am

tigerfeat wrote:Great news ....I never thought we would get to this stage ...exciting times ahead now
when if we get a start date, they should make a big thing about it. get a x cas legend to shovel the first bit off muck were stadium going to be .

Dixie D
Kirk Dixon
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:33 pm

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Dixie D » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:45 am

Dunkirk Spirit wrote:Good evening, first post on this forum, I am a Trinity fan first a rugby league fan second. I read with interest most forums but seldom post. I would like to comment re the Trinity stadium. At this current time as far as I’m aware, the Council has only proposed the loan. The Council have made such statements before but never delivered. The stadium trust has made no comment yet, and our chairman John Minards advised fans to accept only the statements made by the Trust/club. It’s understandable that some of our fans are excited about this news, but any Council statements have to be taken with a pinch of salt. Both Cas and Trinity clubs and fans have been let down by both Council and developers over the years. I think for both sets of fans it’s a case of wait and see. I do hope both our clubs get what we have been promised by the developers.

Thank you
Good post that mate welcome. While we often snipe at each other, I think most fans from both sets would agree that having a strong Cas and Wakey in the super league with leading facilities would be great for the area. Sick of seeing the Lanc teams stretching ahead on and off the pitch.

gateman
Luke Gale
Posts: 3098
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by gateman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:10 am

being a amateur rugby league fan to keep the production line of young players wanting to play our game, we need a strong Wakefield Feath and Cas ,

Post Reply