Clarkson

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Clarkson

Post by old cas lass » 23 Feb 2019, 20:40

Swagger wrote:Didn't do nothing special but played solid enough. Definitely a solid back up but a full fit McMeekan and Jesse is our best back row. Foster and Clarkson as the back ups we must be real happy with.

Spot on. Nothing special, did his job.
Thought jesse was outstanding. Second row is by far his best position, caused London load of problems down the right.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 23 Feb 2019, 20:53

Swagger wrote:Didn't do nothing special but played solid enough. Definitely a solid back up but a full fit McMeekan and Jesse is our best back row. Foster and Clarkson as the back ups we must be real happy with.
I'd hazard a guess hoggy will get his starting spot back when he's fit
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 23 Feb 2019, 22:40

Bit like Alex Foster when he first joined the club?? I’ve high hopes for CC to be a regular in the 17 come seasons end....

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 23 Feb 2019, 22:45

the machine wrote:
I'd hazard a guess hoggy will get his starting spot back when he's fit
Forgot about Oggy to be honest but yes you may be right even though I would still have Meeks and Jesse above him.

Jesse may possibly go back to playing prop/back row from the bench.

If we ever get back to a full compliment in the forwards DP has some major decisions to make:
Watts
Millington
Moors
Cook
Clark
Jesse
McMeekan
Oggy
Foster
Clarkson
Massey
Milner

12 players there to fit into 5 spots and 3/4 bench spots. All them 12 are all good enough to be in the 17 too. Amazing.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Feb 2019, 22:49

Jsl as being outstanding now he's playing out wide in first three games no way known to man will he go back to playing prop
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 24 Feb 2019, 00:49

agree there swagger, got through a lot of work in defence to say he is way off match fit. couple of handling errors but can only improve with game time. could be a good find and if not we haven't lost much. must admit i like his calm attitude.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 24 Feb 2019, 02:02

Fumper27 wrote:
Bit like Alex Foster when he first joined the club?? I’ve high hopes for CC to be a regular in the 17 come seasons end....
if we have have fully fit pack no chance pal who's place his he going to take

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 24 Feb 2019, 08:21

Clarkson stood up in defence but offered little in attack, that could be said for all our right side though. Clarkson will always be behind Meeks Jsl Holmes n Foster for a back row shirt but hes a safe/cheap option for back up as the injuries pile up.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Feb 2019, 09:33

flow wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
if we have have fully fit pack no chance pal who's place his he going to take
Depends whose in and out of form at the time. I remember many on here being of the same mindset when we signed Foster and he turned out ok.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Feb 2019, 11:11

Fumper27 wrote:
I'm with you mate think he will challange for a place did big minutes yesterday defence sound rest will come in time
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 24 Feb 2019, 13:41

Clarkson will be better next time out after that last nite. He is a good solid pro and will give us good value throughout the year.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 24 Feb 2019, 20:47

jackknife wrote:Clarkson stood up in defence but offered little in attack, that could be said for all our right side though. Clarkson will always be behind Meeks Jsl Holmes n Foster for a back row shirt but hes a safe/cheap option for back up as the injuries pile up.
true at the moment jack but we may struggle to hang on to all the 4 you mention.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 24 Feb 2019, 21:20

lurcher wrote:
jackknife wrote:Clarkson stood up in defence but offered little in attack, that could be said for all our right side though. Clarkson will always be behind Meeks Jsl Holmes n Foster for a back row shirt but hes a safe/cheap option for back up as the injuries pile up.
true at the moment jack but we may struggle to hang on to all the 4 you mention.
why where are they off like ?

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 25 Feb 2019, 22:26

Our top tackler on Saturday night

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 26 Feb 2019, 09:56

Made 11 marker tackles - closest to that was Macca, JSL and Moors with 5.

Also made 39 tackles - closes was Moors with 31.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 26 Feb 2019, 10:22

heritage1926 wrote:Made 11 marker tackles - closest to that was Macca, JSL and Moors with 5.

Ye going to be safe back up while we understrenght no choice to start fantasy

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 26 Feb 2019, 10:49

flow wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:Made 11 marker tackles - closest to that was Macca, JSL and Moors with 5.

Ye going to be safe back up while we understrenght no choice to start fantasy
Hmmmm I’m going to go for “yes going to be a safe back up while we’re under strength,no choice but to start him Friday”?? Am I right?

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 26 Feb 2019, 10:51

SREGITSAC wrote:Our top tackler on Saturday night
who was our top tackler?

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 26 Feb 2019, 11:21

flow wrote:

Ye going to be safe back up while we understrenght no choice to start /quote]

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 26 Feb 2019, 11:27

yorky wrote:
SREGITSAC wrote:Our top tackler on Saturday night
who was our top tackler?
The subject of the thread is Clarkson