Injuries

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Injuries

Post by TT Tiger » 13 Feb 2019, 10:43

Fryston Tiger wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
Fryston Tiger wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:Whilst ever the game keeps getting quicker and harder, the more players have push their bodies to the limit on and off the field and at some point, something as to give. I wouldn't be surprised if players are dabbling in performance enhancing supplements to aid recovery.
Exactly what I hate about this Forum.....people coming out with b******s like this :roll:
Naive from you then. If cocaine use is rife in SL and lower division players are getting banned for steroid use. Your telling me that SL players aren't doing it? behave.
Just shot your own arguement in the foot.....
Coke isn't performance-enhancing and Cas aren't a lower Division Club.....
In competition coke is classed as performance enhancing I thought that’s why it’s a banned substance

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 13 Feb 2019, 10:56

I think players now have to look after themselves better. Eat better, very little alcohol and generally good habits.

I think the days are over for nightclubs during the season unless you are happy being a player at lower achieving clubs. It's a mental state that should run through the club.

Lolohea and merrin may be very good players but you shouldn't be carrying a lot of extra weight.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 13 Feb 2019, 10:58

Fryston Tiger wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
Fryston Tiger wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:Whilst ever the game keeps getting quicker and harder, the more players have push their bodies to the limit on and off the field and at some point, something as to give. I wouldn't be surprised if players are dabbling in performance enhancing supplements to aid recovery.
Exactly what I hate about this Forum.....people coming out with b******s like this :roll:
Naive from you then. If cocaine use is rife in SL and lower division players are getting banned for steroid use. Your telling me that SL players aren't doing it? behave.
Not shot myself in the foot at all!

Coke is classed as a stimulant, which can be seen as a performance enhancer. But that's not what I'm getting at. My point is, coke is pretty rife in Rugby League, so what are the chances of steroids/growth etc.

My point with lower division teams is, more and more players are copping bans for steroids. You’d have to imagine the demands of part time rugby and a full time job are a lot for the body to take, so players are taking shortcuts to aid themselves. Must be hard playing on a Sunday to then get up early dawn Monday morning to do a 12 hour shift. You can’t tell me that it’s not happening in SL. Now I’m not for one minute saying Cas do this, but you only have to look at some players across the league to see the effects that the growth hormone causes…

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 13 Feb 2019, 11:14

heritage1926 wrote:
Fryston Tiger wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
Fryston Tiger wrote:

Coke is classed as a stimulant, which can be seen as a performance enhancer. But that's not what I'm getting at. My point is, coke is pretty rife in Rugby League, so what are the chances of steroids/growth etc.

My point with lower division teams is, more and more players are copping bans for steroids. You’d have to imagine the demands of part time rugby and a full time job are a lot for the body to take, so players are taking shortcuts to aid themselves. Must be hard playing on a Sunday to then get up early dawn Monday morning to do a 12 hour shift. You can’t tell me that it’s not happening in SL. Now I’m not for one minute saying Cas do this, but you only have to look at some players across the league to see the effects that the growth hormone causes…
I would guess a high proportion of any players doing these types of drugs/steroids your talking about tend to get caught. I don't really care what other players are doing....I'm only interested in what ours are doing and this subject is about injuries...not drug-taking...hence why I don't like speculation and guesswork dragging another topic down.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 13 Feb 2019, 12:03

heritage1926 wrote:
Fryston Tiger wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
Fryston Tiger wrote:

What's your agenda?

Do everyone s favour and shut up
Audacter Et Sincere

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 13 Feb 2019, 12:21

:clap: :clap: :clap:

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 13 Feb 2019, 13:03

orrsome wrote:Injury update on official website
https://www.castlefordtigers.com/article.php?id=6243
So 4 hamstring injuries then so far. Gonna have to do it tough until April by the looks and hope no more forwards get injured

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 13 Feb 2019, 14:39

heritage1926 wrote:
Fryston Tiger wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
Fryston Tiger wrote:

You do realise this will be all over Twitter and in the league express as a factual statement by Monday

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 13 Feb 2019, 18:24

So Matt Cook in for Clark against Broncos. No other changes needed. Let's hope no major injuries are suffered though.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 13 Feb 2019, 19:41

Swagger wrote:So Matt Cook in for Clark against Broncos. No other changes needed. Let's hope no major injuries are suffered though.
So something like
Matautia
Clare
Minikin
Shenton
Eden
Trueman
Rankin
Watts
Macca
Millington
Jesses
Foster
Massey

Milner
Moors
Roberts
Cook

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 13 Feb 2019, 19:47

Right now we are ok, if we lose more is starts to get thin!

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 13 Feb 2019, 19:53

TT Tiger wrote:
Swagger wrote:So Matt Cook in for Clark against Broncos. No other changes needed. Let's hope no major injuries are suffered though.
So something like
Matautia
Clare
Minikin
Shenton
Eden
Trueman
Rankin
Watts
Macca
Millington
Jesses
Foster
Massey

Milner
Moors
Roberts
Cook
Pretty much mate yeh. Unless we give Roberts a go at centre.

I wouldn't mind putting O'Neil on bench to give Macca w rest when needed. Going to be a long season ahead for Macca. Would mean Roberts or somebody misses out though.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 13 Feb 2019, 20:03

Milner and Roberts can both cover dummy half if needs be. But your right I wouldnt mind seeing the odd youngster in now to get a taste rather than thrown in when we are desperate

giant1953

Post by giant1953 » 13 Feb 2019, 21:23

The sports science team need to step up. Hamstring injuries result from overload. Adequate monitoring is essential.Meeks was n't unlucky to pick up a pull in the closing minutes of training. No lessons appear to have been learnt from last season under Ben Coopers watch.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 13 Feb 2019, 23:28

pomfretian wrote:Is Gale's wage covered 100% by an insurance policy? Meaning we are able to use his money to pay someone else through the salary cap dispensation? If so that's a lot of money to get 1 or 2 players to cover the injuries.

Or do we still have to pay Gale's wages but can go over the cap and pay another player?
Gales wage isn't covered by insurance, we still have to pay him. so if we bring in a replacement we have to pay him, it just doesn't count on the cap.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 13 Feb 2019, 23:34

giant1953 wrote:The sports science team need to step up. Hamstring injuries result from overload. Adequate monitoring is essential.Meeks was n't unlucky to pick up a pull in the closing minutes of training. No lessons appear to have been learnt from last season under Ben Coopers watch.
don't know if you went to the meeting last night but this was fully explained and meeks along with others was just bad luck.
on the other hand watts among others has benefited fantastically from the more intense training and is fitter than he's been in his career. others were named as well.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 14 Feb 2019, 11:44

lurcher wrote:
giant1953 wrote:The sports science team need to step up. Hamstring injuries result from overload. Adequate monitoring is essential.Meeks was n't unlucky to pick up a pull in the closing minutes of training. No lessons appear to have been learnt from last season under Ben Coopers watch.
don't know if you went to the meeting last night but this was fully explained and meeks along with others was just bad luck.
on the other hand watts among others has benefited fantastically from the more intense training and is fitter than he's been in his career. others were named as well.
Would make sense, didn't he do 80 mins at Hull or pretty much the full 80

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 Feb 2019, 13:25

he did do 80 once although it wasn't planned. example given was he can easily do 50 minutes before being spelled (with great work stats) where others usually only manage 25 before needing a rest.

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 14 Feb 2019, 14:02

Ealing had a 3G artificial pitch installed in 2014... If it's the same one that's there now, let's hope we come through unscathed..!

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 15 Feb 2019, 10:16

lurcher wrote:
pomfretian wrote:Is Gale's wage covered 100% by an insurance policy? Meaning we are able to use his money to pay someone else through the salary cap dispensation? If so that's a lot of money to get 1 or 2 players to cover the injuries.

Or do we still have to pay Gale's wages but can go over the cap and pay another player?
Gales wage isn't covered by insurance, we still have to pay him. so if we bring in a replacement we have to pay him, it just doesn't count on the cap.
Not true
Audacter Et Sincere