Fight

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
BCT
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Wheldon Road End - The side bit next to the main stand

Re: Fight

Post by BCT » 13 Jan 2019, 22:04

Mucky1978 wrote:Heard Massey passed Roberts a pint and he dropped it on Milners foot so he chinned him.
If that's true Adam Milner needs to grow up! How pathetic! I also agree knock this warm weather training booze up on the head.
Cas Until I Die

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 13 Jan 2019, 22:08

Got to be honest, I was very surprised the club even considered this warm weather training after last season's opening game. It clearly isn't that advantageous. It must cost the club in excess of 30k for the trip to happen, what a shame some players see it as a boozy lads trip. Time for club to pull plug on it, I'm sure that money could be invested more wisely in equipment or upgrading certain parts of the ground. If the rumours are true, for me, it's time to fine or ship the culprits out. For me this has been the most disappointing off season I can remember for a long time.

BCT
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Wheldon Road End - The side bit next to the main stand

Post by BCT » 13 Jan 2019, 22:24

I'd definitely fine and or punish players involved. Sort it out or get gone. We need to be ruthless with players so they know things like this won't be tolerated.
Cas Until I Die

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 13 Jan 2019, 22:40

Jonny1975 wrote:Got to be honest, I was very surprised the club even considered this warm weather training after last season's opening game. It clearly isn't that advantageous. It must cost the club in excess of 30k for the trip to happen, what a shame some players see it as a boozy lads trip. Time for club to pull plug on it, I'm sure that money could be invested more wisely in equipment or upgrading certain parts of the ground. If the rumours are true, for me, it's time to fine or ship the culprits out. For me this has been the most disappointing off season I can remember for a long time.
Last season was equally as baba.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 14 Jan 2019, 00:21

Training is by definition meant to prepare for the challenges ahead.
The season begins at the start of February not much warm weather anywhere in our league then.
IF the result of training has exposed these areas of friction within the squad will it be addressed and how.
If the end result of training is a less cohesive squad it has been money wasted.
The warm weather exercise should perhaps be at the end of the season as a reward for the season past.
I know it is still a rumour l hope it is unfounded and untrue .
Time will tell

Show 'n' Go
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Show 'n' Go » 14 Jan 2019, 00:34

I do not know the full in's & out's, and purely going off stuff posted on Social Media.

However, if Milner & Massey were involved and were sent home, they headed back out to Lanzarote pretty quickly. Both have posted on Instagram showing they are both there. Milner can be seen in a post by JSL & Massey put a video of himself in the gym.

Could just be nothing, every team will have players who fall out, and tempers will flair. IF this "fight" has happened, I wouldn't worry too much if this can be nipped in the bud now and move on!

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 14 Jan 2019, 07:19

Show 'n' Go wrote:I do not know the full in's & out's, and purely going off stuff posted on Social Media.

However, if Milner & Massey were involved and were sent home, they headed back out to Lanzarote pretty quickly. Both have posted on Instagram showing they are both there. Milner can be seen in a post by JSL & Massey put a video of himself in the gym.

Could just be nothing, every team will have players who fall out, and tempers will flair. IF this "fight" has happened, I wouldn't worry too much if this can be nipped in the bud now and move on!
Wise words, I'm, sure dp will read the riot act to the one involved.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 14 Jan 2019, 08:46

For a coach who’s whole shtick has been team unity and ethics Powell has presided over some of the clubs lower moments. The Carney/Massey affair, Rangi chase violently going off the rails again, Hardaker drug use now this.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 14 Jan 2019, 08:56

alftupper wrote:For a coach who’s whole shtick has been team unity and ethics Powell has presided over some of the clubs lower moments. The Carney/Massey affair, Rangi chase violently going off the rails again, Hardaker drug use now this.
Maybe he just doesn’t allow stuff to get brushed under the carpet?

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 14 Jan 2019, 09:08

TT Tiger wrote:
alftupper wrote:For a coach who’s whole shtick has been team unity and ethics Powell has presided over some of the clubs lower moments. The Carney/Massey affair, Rangi chase violently going off the rails again, Hardaker drug use now this.
Not sure in the current world of social media addiction that the carpet exists anymore

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 14 Jan 2019, 10:35

alftupper wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:
Not sure in the current world of social media addiction that the carpet exists anymore
I think that’s half the problem things like this have always gone on it’s just now we find out about most of them

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Jan 2019, 10:41

I heard a different version of events not fighting each other Ben Roberts got a broken nose upshot might be all crap but that what someone told me this morning
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 14 Jan 2019, 11:24

The most annoying part of all this is, the season starts in less than a months time. All I've seen on players social media' is of them sunbathing, messing about and drinking. Surely this camp should of been 2 months ago. The whole Rugby league world can see what are players are up to, it doesn't look good, when other teams are slogging.

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 14 Jan 2019, 12:36

heritage1926 wrote:The most annoying part of all this is, the season starts in less than a months time. All I've seen on players social media' is of them sunbathing, messing about and drinking. Surely this camp should of been 2 months ago. The whole Rugby league world can see what are players are up to, it doesn't look good, when other teams are slogging.
That's probably because phones won't be allowed on the training pitch.....How do you know they're not training hard?

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 14 Jan 2019, 12:42

Fryston Tiger wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:The most annoying part of all this is, the season starts in less than a months time. All I've seen on players social media' is of them sunbathing, messing about and drinking. Surely this camp should of been 2 months ago. The whole Rugby league world can see what are players are up to, it doesn't look good, when other teams are slogging.
That's probably because phones won't be allowed on the training pitch.....How do you know they're not training hard?
I was thinking the same, Jesse keeps taking a few little videos when they are training but hardly gonna be able to do selfies throughout, be worried about the quality of training if they all had phones out!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 Jan 2019, 12:50

heard this has all come from one post on social media thats turned out to be a load of rubbish. bit of a tiff that has been blown out of all proportion and all mates again now.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 14 Jan 2019, 13:10

https://twitter.com/CTRLFC/status/10847 ... 23969?s=19

Suppose they've heard about the rumours then! You'll need to copy and paste the link
🐯 COYF!

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 14 Jan 2019, 13:14

Cas have just posted a picture on twitter with what looks like all the team stating great to see togetherness, looks like this is the clubs way of putting this rumour to bed

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Jan 2019, 13:25

Bit different somebody trying to step in calm things down and a bit of a melee ensues than what was suggested yesterday
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 14 Jan 2019, 13:28

viva brad wrote:Cas have just posted a picture on twitter with what looks like all the team stating great to see togetherness, looks like this is the clubs way of putting this rumour to bed
Definitely does, think the exclamation mark says it all.