Next Year's Squad

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
fords
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Next Year's Squad

Post by fords » 29 Nov 2018, 10:45

braytontiger wrote:
flow wrote:
Nobody wrote:Been playing prop. He is an absolute monster, . Him and Watts should be unstoppable, hope the rumours are true. They would be get us rolling forward no problem and gives the backs some space on the field.

That's if it's true and we use him as a prop that is.

Matthew Shaw league express and Toronto reporter said he's heard rumblings but deal far from done .
just what we want some more forwards taking salary place up ](*,)
Absolutely no pleasing you,the more I read from you the more I believe your just a troll. Swapping a back rower where we are top heavy for a dream team prop would be great business,leave the money side to those that matter.

I'm told this has some legs and those bagging the club over signings may be eating there words in a few weeks time.

"I'm told this has some legs and those bagging the club over signings may be eating there words in a few weeks time."

Is that only if this comes off or have we made other signings ?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Nov 2018, 10:45

braytontiger wrote:
flow wrote:
Nobody wrote:Been playing prop. He is an absolute monster, . Him and Watts should be unstoppable, hope the rumours are true. They would be get us rolling forward no problem and gives the backs some space on the field.

Matthew Shaw league express and Toronto reporter said he's heard rumblings but deal far from done .
Absolutely no pleasing you,the more I read from you the more I believe your just a troll. Swapping a back rower where we are top heavy for a dream team prop would be great business,leave the money side to those that matter.

I'm told this has some legs and those bagging the club over signings may be eating there words in a few weeks time.
yes i believe a outside back will be on his way shortly as well
i just got frustrated reading about who everybody else was signing or about to sign but once the hangover had gone mid afternoon i made a apology to J.W for doubting him
im sure he reads every post on here and knowing we were about to announce ikihihifo will have fell off his chair laughing
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Nov 2018, 10:50

flow wrote:

hes just the kind of player we need and it will let other players play there natural position...surely you must be excited about a front row of
wattsy
mcshane
ikihififo
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 29 Nov 2018, 10:57

Ikahihifo is 27. In 2 years time, Millington will be 35 and retired. Ikahihifo would be an ideal replacement now for the future.

PSTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by PSTiger » 29 Nov 2018, 11:30

Could this be the big swap deal that was being reported last week? I never saw anything confirmed. A quick word on John Wells, if this is a true and his first 3 signings are Wattsy, Pete and Ikahihifo along with signing up Trueman long term then I don’t know what more we could ask for(a centre, before someone says it :dance: . Absolute great business.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 29 Nov 2018, 11:35

tigerfeat wrote:
flow wrote:

hes just the kind of player we need and it will let other players play there natural position...surely you must be excited about a front row of
wattsy
mcshane
ikihififo
True i like it but no point haveing top four pack and championship back line couple off backs we can. Really look forward to continued success :pray:

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 29 Nov 2018, 12:17

It’s all good and well saying we need a centre or two and maybe a winger but surely if a prop is available and he is an improvement on what we have then is it not a god signing? I would say it was.

JoeyJohns

Post by JoeyJohns » 29 Nov 2018, 13:23

tigerfeat wrote:
flow wrote:

wattsy
mcshane
ikihififo
As I've said on the rumours page, I really don't understand the hype about ikahihifo, yeah it looks exciting when he's hitting the line at full pace, but his actual average metres per carry isn't that impressive. He only plays limited minutes as well, and with reduced interchanges, it's not ideal.

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 29 Nov 2018, 14:48

Was he the best meters gained in a huddersfield side pre woolford? And when they went on a roll at the end of the season how many games did he play then? My only slight concern would be his injury record, get this bloke fit and wanting to play and hes a wow factor. Real top quality prop! And anything that gets Moors running out wide again is a a must for me!
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 29 Nov 2018, 15:59

SWISS TONY!! wrote: And anything that gets Moors running out wide again is a a must for me!
Seconded! Moors/JSL need to run the wider lines again

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 29 Nov 2018, 16:15

jackknife wrote:Mata’utia
Clare
Minikin
Shenton
Eden
Trueman
Gale
Watts
Mcshane
Ikahihifo if true
Mcmeeken
Holmes
Millington

JSL
Moors
Clark
Milner

Would be mine although i stil think Roberts will start before Trueman
So Foster can't even get in the 17 ??????

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 29 Nov 2018, 16:21

westerbeast wrote:
jackknife wrote:Mata’utia
Clare
Minikin
Shenton
Eden
Trueman
Gale
Watts
Mcshane
Ikahihifo if true
Mcmeeken
Holmes
Millington

JSL
Moors
Clark
Milner

Would be mine although i stil think Roberts will start before Trueman
So Foster can't even get in the 17 ??????
No unfortunately i cant fit everyone in. Its only my opinion though n your welcome to have yours O:)
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 29 Nov 2018, 16:35

Would have to sacrifice Clare for Foster and put Minikin on the wing. Foster offers too much to not be in the side.

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 29 Nov 2018, 19:39

westerbeast wrote:Would have to sacrifice Clare for Foster and put Minikin on the wing. Foster offers too much to not be in the side.
Yep I agree. From a defensive point of view I would be much more confident of foster / minikin, than Clare / minikin. (And in attack too)

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 29 Nov 2018, 21:12

Clare was brought in as a back up winger, as he let us down when he as been picked I think not , he will get his chance as the season progresses, every club needs players like him when injury's start to bite

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 29 Nov 2018, 21:37

gateman wrote:Clare was brought in as a back up winger, as he let us down when he as been picked I think not , he will get his chance as the season progresses, every club needs players like him when injury's start to bite
Agreed Gateman. Clare fully deserves his place in the squad and provides solid back up, but he’s not a starting 17 player with everyone fully fit. Not in a side with silverware aspirations.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 29 Nov 2018, 21:51

derbystiger wrote:
gateman wrote:Clare was brought in as a back up winger, as he let us down when he as been picked I think not , he will get his chance as the season progresses, every club needs players like him when injury's start to bite
Agreed Gateman. Clare fully deserves his place in the squad and provides solid back up, but he’s not a starting 17 player with everyone fully fit. Not in a side with silverware aspirations.
Totally agree and neither is Foster as a regular centre, does a good job in an emergency but we really do need better if we have any ambitions of silverware.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 29 Nov 2018, 22:04

I think we all agree a top quality center is what we all want, if you read the posts from this time last year we were all making the same noises for a fullback and a prop, it took some time for the club to fill theses positions but in the end they got round to it, I have every faith in DP when the right one comes along he will go out and sign him its no good getting a player for the sake of it he as got to fit in

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 29 Nov 2018, 23:03

gateman wrote:I think we all agree a top quality center is what we all want, if you read the posts from this time last year we were all making the same noises for a fullback and a prop, it took some time for the club to fill theses positions but in the end they got round to it, I have every faith in DP when the right one comes along he will go out and sign him its no good getting a player for the sake of it he as got to fit in
Gateman agree with the majority thats first lol

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 30 Nov 2018, 06:37

I think a top quality winger would be just as valuable to us if we cant find any centres, replacing clare and leaving Minikin in centre.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER