New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 15314
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:55 am

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by HuddsTigers » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:50 pm

Robbo wrote:Council deny slowing things down.
Are the developers buying time?
A question
Given that the council haven’t reviewed the planning applications in time and have extended the deadline, I’d say they are delaying things.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

User avatar
The Firm
Danny Orr
Posts: 1708
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:24 pm
Location: In your face.

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by The Firm » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:42 pm

HuddsTigers wrote:
Robbo wrote:Council deny slowing things down.
Are the developers buying time?
A question
Given that the council haven’t reviewed the planning applications in time and have extended the deadline, I’d say they are delaying things.
How do you know that it was the council that extended the deadline?

User avatar
Robbo
Dean Widders
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:56 am

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Robbo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:58 pm

I question why the application was changed so late.
My money is in developers not WMDC stalling
Hudd maybe knows diffferently?
Robbo
Truth is always best !

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 15314
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:55 am

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by HuddsTigers » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:18 pm

The application hasn’t been changed the deadline has. And it passed the original determination deadline. The council has 12 weeks to determine applications in. At this point if the council aren’t able to determine it in time they have to write and agree with the applicant a new determination deadline. If they still can’t meet it then the applicant can take it further for it to be determined.

My bet is that the council hasn’t been able to get around to reviewing it for whatever reason (no correspondence has been forthcoming in the planning docs). They have agreed with the Lateral to extend it until 30th Nov. There could be a reason in that they are waiting for some external comment from a third party before they can determine it.
Last edited by HuddsTigers on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 15314
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:55 am

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by HuddsTigers » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:19 pm

The Firm wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Robbo wrote:Council deny slowing things down.
Are the developers buying time?
A question
Given that the council haven’t reviewed the planning applications in time and have extended the deadline, I’d say they are delaying things.
How do you know that it was the council that extended the deadline?
Because there is no reason to delay it. If Lateral had any issues they would just withdraw it.

Also because it’s a revision of an already approved Reserved Matters application for phases 1 and 2a.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

flow
BANNED
BANNED
Posts: 1743
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by flow » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:18 am

HuddsTigers wrote:
The Firm wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Robbo wrote:Council deny slowing things down.
Are the developers buying time?
A question
Given that the council haven’t reviewed the planning applications in time and have extended the deadline, I’d say they are delaying things.
How do you know that it was the council that extended the deadline?
Because there is no reason to delay it. If Lateral had any issues they would just withdraw it.

Also because it’s a revision of an already approved Reserved Matters application for phases 1 and 2a.
its obvious what s delaying it now with the current trouble a lot off retailers are in they have not got enough tenants to make it financial viable yet, not a bit off concrete will be laid in till they are confident its not going to be a financial disaster . I now they have some tenants signed up but apparently not enough they wont build it just to break even or at a lose no right business man would. Worrying thing is how quite axiom have gone not answering emails not updated their web page on the project since july. I hope its just a minor hick up and they have not closed down the project .But we need to now one way or the other so the club can look at other plans which i guess must be up dating old ground which i dont mind .

Spanishtiger
Junior Moors
Posts: 703
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:09 pm

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Spanishtiger » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:37 am

Flo ur a fani orl off your poasts at negggativ stop winjin awl the thyme.
Give our regards to vastman you halfwitted troll.

User avatar
The Firm
Danny Orr
Posts: 1708
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:24 pm
Location: In your face.

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by The Firm » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:49 am

HuddsTigers wrote:
The Firm wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Robbo wrote:Council deny slowing things down.
Are the developers buying time?
A question
Given that the council haven’t reviewed the planning applications in time and have extended the deadline, I’d say they are delaying things.
How do you know that it was the council that extended the deadline?
Because there is no reason to delay it. If Lateral had any issues they would just withdraw it.

Also because it’s a revision of an already approved Reserved Matters application for phases 1 and 2a.
You have no idea whether that is the case. The applicant can also request to have the date put back for a myriad of reasons, it works either way. All that has to happened is both sides have to agree. The simple fact is nobody on here, including you, knows why it has been delayed. It could be either sides ‘fault’ so to speak, maybe the council are a mile behind with applications or maybe there are more revisions to come and this is a holding date only time will tell.

Casmania
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 5723
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:47 pm
Location: Castleford

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Casmania » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:33 am

Spanishtiger wrote:Flo ur a fani orl off your poasts at negggativ stop winjin awl the thyme.
Removed
No need for such comments - thank you.
Image

MY CLUB. MY CAS

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 15314
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:55 am

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by HuddsTigers » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:52 am

The Firm wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
The Firm wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Robbo wrote:Council deny slowing things down.
Are the developers buying time?
A question
Given that the council haven’t reviewed the planning applications in time and have extended the deadline, I’d say they are delaying things.
How do you know that it was the council that extended the deadline?
Because there is no reason to delay it. If Lateral had any issues they would just withdraw it.

Also because it’s a revision of an already approved Reserved Matters application for phases 1 and 2a.
You have no idea whether that is the case. The applicant can also request to have the date put back for a myriad of reasons, it works either way. All that has to happened is both sides have to agree. The simple fact is nobody on here, including you, knows why it has been delayed. It could be either sides ‘fault’ so to speak, maybe the council are a mile behind with applications or maybe there are more revisions to come and this is a holding date only time will tell.
You are correct - it could be both. But usually the applicant only delays it when there is a requirement for further information, asked by the council, as was the case for one of the earlier applications which Lateral subsequently withdrew (the council told them they would be minded to deny it) and then resubmitted later in the year.

In this case, there’s been no information at all to suggest any issues - all external parties have been happy to let it be approved and as its only a minor alteration in terms of car parking and a slight highways alteration from the original one, there is no reason why Lateral would have to delay it especially since it has been outstanding now since June.

The 2nd for phases 2b, 3 and 4 has a determination deadline of the 23rd. If that gets put back too then we shall soon see. It may be worth writing to the planning and highways department to see what the hold up is.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

flow
BANNED
BANNED
Posts: 1743
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by flow » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:23 am

[quote="Spanishtiger"]Flo ur a fani orl off your poasts at negggativ stop winjin awl the thyme.
Give our regards to vastman you halfwitted troll.[/

all my post are negative because there s nothing positive about the new ground and your brave calling names on line you keyboard warrior I will be possitive when theres is some action. you be winjin in three years when were still in same boat i have tried email axiom and laterl maybe more should do the same and stop slagging people off trying to find out whats going on. you should be banned from forum with your coward remarks on line [-X

User avatar
Robbo
Dean Widders
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:56 am

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Robbo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:01 am

Huddesfield

I am telling you THEY the developers not WMDC are slowing this down.

It maybe some time before you can verify this but for once you might want to trust me on this.

As its now winter and we have missed several deadlines I am not too stressed as nothing can happen till Spring.
The lack of updates though or replies are worrying

robbo
Truth is always best !

User avatar
yorky
Luke Gale
Posts: 3412
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:50 pm
Location: York, UK

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by yorky » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:04 am

the main concern is brexit & this is what i feel will ultimately stop this project dead in the water, best get some work planned for the old ground as this just isnt going to happen & i have been one of the more optimistic supporters.

Digger Dave
Sean Rudder
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:09 pm

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Digger Dave » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:06 am

Not the "it's winter so building work can't begin" excuse again? Have a look at when work on the new York ground was started. Removal of the 'Timeline' from the website is a pretty big indicator that it ain't starting anytime soon.

User avatar
the machine
Adrian Vowles
Posts: 9773
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:21 pm
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by the machine » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:08 am

yorky wrote:the main concern is brexit & this is what i feel will ultimately stop this project dead in the water, best get some work planned for the old ground as this just isnt going to happen & i have been one of the more optimistic supporters.
Unless someone hands over 10/15 million we won't do anything on our current ground
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Post Reply