New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by HuddsTigers » 08 Nov 2018, 21:50

Robbo wrote:Council deny slowing things down.
Are the developers buying time?
A question
Given that the council haven’t reviewed the planning applications in time and have extended the deadline, I’d say they are delaying things.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 08 Nov 2018, 22:42

HuddsTigers wrote:
A question
Given that the council haven’t reviewed the planning applications in time and have extended the deadline, I’d say they are delaying things.
How do you know that it was the council that extended the deadline?

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 08 Nov 2018, 22:58

I question why the application was changed so late.
My money is in developers not WMDC stalling
Hudd maybe knows diffferently?
Robbo
Truth is always best !

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 08 Nov 2018, 23:18

The application hasn’t been changed the deadline has. And it passed the original determination deadline. The council has 12 weeks to determine applications in. At this point if the council aren’t able to determine it in time they have to write and agree with the applicant a new determination deadline. If they still can’t meet it then the applicant can take it further for it to be determined.

My bet is that the council hasn’t been able to get around to reviewing it for whatever reason (no correspondence has been forthcoming in the planning docs). They have agreed with the Lateral to extend it until 30th Nov. There could be a reason in that they are waiting for some external comment from a third party before they can determine it.
Last edited by HuddsTigers on 08 Nov 2018, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 08 Nov 2018, 23:19

The Firm wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
A question
Because there is no reason to delay it. If Lateral had any issues they would just withdraw it.

Also because it’s a revision of an already approved Reserved Matters application for phases 1 and 2a.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 09 Nov 2018, 00:18

HuddsTigers wrote:
The Firm wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
A question
Because there is no reason to delay it. If Lateral had any issues they would just withdraw it.

Also because it’s a revision of an already approved Reserved Matters application for phases 1 and 2a.
its obvious what s delaying it now with the current trouble a lot off retailers are in they have not got enough tenants to make it financial viable yet, not a bit off concrete will be laid in till they are confident its not going to be a financial disaster . I now they have some tenants signed up but apparently not enough they wont build it just to break even or at a lose no right business man would. Worrying thing is how quite axiom have gone not answering emails not updated their web page on the project since july. I hope its just a minor hick up and they have not closed down the project .But we need to now one way or the other so the club can look at other plans which i guess must be up dating old ground which i dont mind .

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 09 Nov 2018, 00:37

Flo ur a fani orl off your poasts at negggativ stop winjin awl the thyme.
Give our regards to vastman you halfwitted troll.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 09 Nov 2018, 01:49

HuddsTigers wrote:
The Firm wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
A question

You have no idea whether that is the case. The applicant can also request to have the date put back for a myriad of reasons, it works either way. All that has to happened is both sides have to agree. The simple fact is nobody on here, including you, knows why it has been delayed. It could be either sides ‘fault’ so to speak, maybe the council are a mile behind with applications or maybe there are more revisions to come and this is a holding date only time will tell.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 09 Nov 2018, 06:33

Spanishtiger wrote:Flo ur a fani orl off your poasts at negggativ stop winjin awl the thyme.
Removed
No need for such comments - thank you.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 09 Nov 2018, 07:52

The Firm wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
The Firm wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
A question

You have no idea whether that is the case. The applicant can also request to have the date put back for a myriad of reasons, it works either way. All that has to happened is both sides have to agree. The simple fact is nobody on here, including you, knows why it has been delayed. It could be either sides ‘fault’ so to speak, maybe the council are a mile behind with applications or maybe there are more revisions to come and this is a holding date only time will tell.
You are correct - it could be both. But usually the applicant only delays it when there is a requirement for further information, asked by the council, as was the case for one of the earlier applications which Lateral subsequently withdrew (the council told them they would be minded to deny it) and then resubmitted later in the year.

In this case, there’s been no information at all to suggest any issues - all external parties have been happy to let it be approved and as its only a minor alteration in terms of car parking and a slight highways alteration from the original one, there is no reason why Lateral would have to delay it especially since it has been outstanding now since June.

The 2nd for phases 2b, 3 and 4 has a determination deadline of the 23rd. If that gets put back too then we shall soon see. It may be worth writing to the planning and highways department to see what the hold up is.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 09 Nov 2018, 09:23

[quote="Spanishtiger"]Flo ur a fani orl off your poasts at negggativ stop winjin awl the thyme.
Give our regards to vastman you halfwitted troll.[/

all my post are negative because there s nothing positive about the new ground and your brave calling names on line you keyboard warrior I will be possitive when theres is some action. you be winjin in three years when were still in same boat i have tried email axiom and laterl maybe more should do the same and stop slagging people off trying to find out whats going on. you should be banned from forum with your coward remarks on line [-X

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 09 Nov 2018, 11:01

Huddesfield

I am telling you THEY the developers not WMDC are slowing this down.

It maybe some time before you can verify this but for once you might want to trust me on this.

As its now winter and we have missed several deadlines I am not too stressed as nothing can happen till Spring.
The lack of updates though or replies are worrying

robbo
Truth is always best !

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 09 Nov 2018, 11:04

the main concern is brexit & this is what i feel will ultimately stop this project dead in the water, best get some work planned for the old ground as this just isnt going to happen & i have been one of the more optimistic supporters.

Digger Dave

Post by Digger Dave » 09 Nov 2018, 11:06

Not the "it's winter so building work can't begin" excuse again? Have a look at when work on the new York ground was started. Removal of the 'Timeline' from the website is a pretty big indicator that it ain't starting anytime soon.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 09 Nov 2018, 11:08

yorky wrote:the main concern is brexit & this is what i feel will ultimately stop this project dead in the water, best get some work planned for the old ground as this just isnt going to happen & i have been one of the more optimistic supporters.
Unless someone hands over 10/15 million we won't do anything on our current ground
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

vandeveldtsbaldhead

Post by vandeveldtsbaldhead » 09 Nov 2018, 11:19

Why would anyone believe we are moving into a new grond. There is no proof that any work is likely to be carried out in the near future.
So many excuses and reasons why.
Im afraid I dont think it will happen. Winter is approaching, weather would restrict any building for 6 months .(if there was any chance).
We never have any comments from the Club, they would be the first to tell us if there was any movement.
Sorry Wheldon Road here we stay.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Nov 2018, 12:20

yorky wrote:the main concern is brexit & this is what i feel will ultimately stop this project dead in the water, best get some work planned for the old ground as this just isnt going to happen & i have been one of the more optimistic supporters.
work should have been done to our ground over time like featherstone have done to theres ,good luck to the the club finding the money now to re-develop wheldon road if the new development gets the plug pulled on it which looks more and more likely
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 09 Nov 2018, 13:03

vandeveldtsbaldhead wrote:Why would anyone believe we are moving into a new grond. There is no proof that any work is likely to be carried out in the near future.
So many excuses and reasons why.
Im afraid I dont think it will happen. Winter is approaching, weather would restrict any building for 6 months .(if there was any chance).
We never have any comments from the Club, they would be the first to tell us if there was any movement.
Sorry Wheldon Road here we stay.
This :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 09 Nov 2018, 13:09

Didn’t stop the £162m development at Thorpe Park which opened last month, built by GMI. Maybe now this is complete more focus will be on the Axiom one.

I will admit though, I’m less optimistic about its chances than I once was.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 09 Nov 2018, 13:38

Robbo wrote:Huddesfield

I am telling you THEY the developers not WMDC are slowing this down.

It maybe some time before you can verify this but for once you might want to trust me on this.

As its now winter and we have missed several deadlines I am not too stressed as nothing can happen till Spring.
The lack of updates though or replies are worrying

robbo
What deadlines have we missed?

The timeline on the website was when work was starting to run from and up until. It didn't specify that would work start exactly on the dot.

Also, you ask for trust but you don't substantiate anything you say. All you do is put out vague comments. Have you got an email or communication from the council specifying this? If so, publish it. Otherwise you may as well just be stirring the pot and rumour-mongering again.