Callum McClelland

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Callum McClelland

Post by braytontiger » 12 Aug 2018, 22:01

Casmoley wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Is Craig Harrison hardakers agent

he is yes. he has sorted deals for foster and Milner however he didn't seem happy after he secured turner a new deal then had a dig after we signed mata'utia.

My opinion on the agent is he as too many players on his books mainly young lads where he's built up a large portfolio,he's now trying to cash in on these younger lads as they hit there first proper contracts which I suppose is his job but it shouldn't be at the expense of a lad ending up at a club he doesn't want to be at.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Aug 2018, 22:07

Interesting ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 13 Aug 2018, 05:58

I was always a bit uneasy how one agent had half the team on his books anyway. If he had a client we seemed to always get linked to them.If he was heavily involved in the Hardaker fiasco then it’s no wonder we have soured on him.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 13 Aug 2018, 07:30

Casmoley wrote:

he is yes. he has sorted deals for foster and Milner however he didn't seem happy after he secured turner a new deal then had a dig after we signed mata'utia.
Not happy with what ? The money ?

The lads never played first team and jumped ship to RU then decided he didn't like it so wants to come back to RL.

Our offer wont have been huge thats for sure

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 13 Aug 2018, 07:34

Casmoley wrote:

We can sign who we want. So reading between the lines of your comment i assume it goes something like this.

Cas - We want to keep Turner heres the offer. Cant afford anymore.
Agent - Ok, Turner happy to stay. Signed.
Cas - Sign Mata'utia
Agent - Erm thought you had no money ?

Or am i completely wrong

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 13 Aug 2018, 07:39

It’s nothing to do with the agent who cas signs he’s, the agent, employed by a player not the club if the agent isn’t happy tough not our problem, jog on.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 13 Aug 2018, 07:58

fords wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

We can sign who we want. So reading between the lines of your comment i assume it goes something like this.

Cas - Sign Mata'utia

Or am i completely wrong

More along the lines agent having a dig at Powell saying Peter is here to play full back, when agent just gets a deal for his young English full back (that had offers elsewhere)

I'm sure Powell was honest about Turners two year plan, however the Peter situation with Leigh happened pretty quickly even if it has come out we were looking at him.

Agent has a issue with clubs signing overseas players (even though he has Fifita on his books and someone like Baldwimson is now on loan at Fax)

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Aug 2018, 08:01

Thing is best thing we ever did was bring jon wells in id trust him to always make the right calls
One thing that as never changed at cas in last 50 years is things going smoothly to plan lol
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Aug 2018, 08:04

Casmoley wrote:
fords wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

Cas - Sign Mata'utia

Or am i completely wrong

More along the lines agent having a dig at Powell saying Peter is here to play full back, when agent just gets a deal for his young English full back (that had offers elsewhere)

I'm sure Powell was honest about Turners two year plan, however the Peter situation with Leigh happened pretty quickly even if it has come out we were looking at him.

Agent has a issue with clubs signing overseas players (even though he has Fifita on his books and someone like Baldwimson is now on loan at Fax)
He's a agent he should do his job to get the best for the players and leave running cas tigers to Powell and wells
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 13 Aug 2018, 09:03

Casmoley wrote:
fords wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

Cas - Sign Mata'utia

Or am i completely wrong

Ah well he will have to pick his dummy up off the floor then wont he. How much that played a part in the McClelland deal i have no idea.

I can see PM playing right centre anyway

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 13 Aug 2018, 09:37

fords wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

Cas - Sign Mata'utia

Or am i completely wrong
Exactly the game played by the agents, give me more or I'm going. Accepts contract when no interest from other clubs.

I guess players who want to play for Cas do and those who don't don't. I want players who want to play for us or our coaching team or the fans not money.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 13 Aug 2018, 12:57

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/pa ... ba-future/

Comfirmed here that leeds signed him.also says that springers off back to catalans.could we see someone come the other way

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Aug 2018, 13:00

Bolton-tiger wrote:https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/pa ... ba-future/

Comfirmed here that leeds signed him.also says that springers off back to catalans.could we see someone come the other way
That’s not confirmation. That’s just a newspaper report.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Aug 2018, 18:53

I'm still a bit confused on whats happened with McClelland he left to go play in the junior rugby union world cup I don't think that's happened yet ? I remember reading how much he was looking forward to it ...suddenly he's being touted to cas wire and leeds and God knows who else
Vince Lombardi

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 13 Aug 2018, 20:02

tigerfeat wrote:I'm still a bit confused on whats happened with McClelland he left to go play in the junior rugby union world cup I don't think that's happened yet ? I remember reading how much he was looking forward to it ...suddenly he's being touted to cas wire and leeds and God knows who else
U20s world cup was in may in which Callum played mainly as an inside centre. Having spoken to Callum earlier in the year I knew he wasn't enjoying either union or been away from home and his girlfriend. No great surprise that he's come back to league and it was always odds on the moment he left cas.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Aug 2018, 20:09

braytontiger wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:I'm still a bit confused on whats happened with McClelland he left to go play in the junior rugby union world cup I don't think that's happened yet ? I remember reading how much he was looking forward to it ...suddenly he's being touted to cas wire and leeds and God knows who else
U20s world cup was in may in which Callum played mainly as an inside centre. Having spoken to Callum earlier in the year I knew he wasn't enjoying either union or been away from home and his girlfriend. No great surprise that he's come back to league and it was always odds on the moment he left cas.
Ahh ok thanks I got it in my head it was next year for some reason anyway good luck to him
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 13 Aug 2018, 23:59

tigerfeat wrote:Maybe jon wells taking a stand in not being messed about regards signings I know we were after Williame then dropped all interest...I don't know just guessing
you're not far off there mate.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

peter parker
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by peter parker » 14 Aug 2018, 08:11

On bbc today. Says leeds paid a fee to Scottish RU

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/45179878

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 16 Aug 2018, 14:38

From what I understand.

No other club can offer a player of Turners age more than we have to prize them away. Without negotiating a fee with us. So Turner reluctantly signed a lesser deal than he ideally wanted.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 16 Aug 2018, 14:54

dettoriman wrote:From what I understand.

No other club can offer a player of Turners age more than we have to prize them away. Without negotiating a fee with us. So Turner reluctantly signed a lesser deal than he ideally wanted.
Im a massive believer in Turner and think he has all the attributes to make a great full back after watching him for a long time one thing that I was really disappointed in was when he came on vs widnes fair enough it was on the wing not his fav position but he just looked like he honestly couldn't be bothered. Hope this was a one off as a young player coming through he should be chomping at the bit to do all he can when ever he gets the chance to play and off the back of efforts come the rewards.