Reiss butterworth

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Reiss butterworth

Post by Tigersbarmy » 09 Jul 2018, 21:25

Signed from Bradford

callum_walker
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Reiss butterworth

Post by callum_walker » 09 Jul 2018, 21:36

Does this mean Jacques O'Neill is on his way out?

Weareone

Post by Weareone » 09 Jul 2018, 21:44

Dont know why people would be suprised oneil spent 4 years at cas playing some great rugby but yet again DP would rather bring outsiders in no wonder we are the worse club for producing talant a great talant lost yet again

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 09 Jul 2018, 22:06

Weareone wrote:Dont know why people would be suprised oneil spent 4 years at cas playing some great rugby but yet again DP would rather bring outsiders in no wonder we are the worse club for producing talant a great talant lost yet again
Given Milner now plays 13 for us or is going to the NRL

That would leave Macca as the only recognised 9

Means we have Macca, O'Neil, Butterworth

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 09 Jul 2018, 22:21

Weareone wrote:Dont know why people would be suprised oneil spent 4 years at cas playing some great rugby but yet again DP would rather bring outsiders in no wonder we are the worse club for producing talant a great talant lost yet again
We don’t know what DP has in mind for Butterworth, maybe sees him as a halfback, or sees O’Neil as a halfback? I trust in DP’s plans for Butterworth and welcome him on board.
Danny Boy

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 09 Jul 2018, 22:23

Just out of interest; can you tell me how many of these junior players thrown on the scrap heap by DP are now forging successful SL careers elsewhere?
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

Weareone

Post by Weareone » 09 Jul 2018, 23:33

steadygetyerboots-on wrote:
Just out of interest; can you tell me how many of these junior players thrown on the scrap heap by DP are now forging successful SL careers elsewhere?
Quite a few its like douglas and gill feel sorry for the lads

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 09 Jul 2018, 23:55

Gill is still part of our squad and I would imagine would be replacing Hitchcox next year.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 10 Jul 2018, 05:38

HuddsTigers wrote:Gill is still part of our squad and I would imagine would be replacing Hitchcox next year.
Exactly.
Gill to replace Jy
Bustin to replace Green
Douglas to replace Springer

Bring through a couple of youngsters to replace those as well as a quality FB sand Centre and watch us go!!

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 10 Jul 2018, 07:06

Turner, Gill, Milner, Holmes, Egodo, Clare, Shenton, Trueman all played youth level at Cas? I know Trueman ccame from Bradford and Egodo from London but still not bad.
Can only think of Tom Holmes who was making any impact of youth that Powell has 'let go' (although he didn't want Tom to go).

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 10 Jul 2018, 07:40

Fumper27 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Gill is still part of our squad and I would imagine would be replacing Hitchcox next year.
Exactly.
Gill to replace Jy
Bustin to replace Green

Bring through a couple of youngsters to replace those as well as a quality FB sand Centre and watch us go!!

Douglas is O.O.C this year..

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 10 Jul 2018, 07:40

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:Turner, Gill, Milner, Holmes, Egodo, Clare, Shenton, Trueman all played youth level at Cas? I know Trueman ccame from Bradford and Egodo from London but still not bad.
Can only think of Tom Holmes who was making any impact of youth that Powell has 'let go' (although he didn't want Tom to go).

DON'T FORGET MAHER!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Jul 2018, 07:42

Fumper27 wrote:
Exactly.
Gill to replace Jy
Bustin to replace Green

We don't know for sure Springer is going yet

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 10 Jul 2018, 08:18

I am not surprised why would you play local youngsters for that reason alone they are local .If there not good enough for super league don't matter were they are from .if you were running a business that's what super league clubs are now would you put local people first or employ the best candidates to improve your business

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 10 Jul 2018, 08:28

Weareone wrote:
Quite a few its like douglas and gill feel sorry for the lads
I understand the sentimental attachment to local/academy lads, but if they’re good enough, they’ll make it.
I still can’t think of any of the names of the “quite a few” that are regularly playing SL though?!
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Jul 2018, 08:49

I always thought oneill had a good chance of making it when I've seen him , with our ex under 19s coach at wire the rumour about him being part of a deal to get lineham might have some legs
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 10 Jul 2018, 10:09

Wire are building. They are unlikely to let Lineham leave!?
Leeds need a hooker however....
Audacter Et Sincere

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 Jul 2018, 12:27

Interesting that Luke Million didn't get picked up after leaving Cas last season.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 10 Jul 2018, 14:33

tigerfeat wrote:I always thought oneill had a good chance of making it when I've seen him , with our ex under 19s coach at wire the rumour about him being part of a deal to get lineham might have some legs
maybe riding is taking callum turner. ;)
jo brand is eddie warings love child