New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 15203
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:55 am

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by HuddsTigers » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:04 pm

Having now got on to the planning portal again, I can confirm that the coal extraction is only a small portion of the site and not interfering with the stadium site at all.

The document can be viewed here: http://cominoweb.wakefield.gov.uk/Plann ... nt=obj.pdf

On the timeframes, which have slipped since the original application, however, just to give you all an indication of what's expected

Phases 1 and 2a - 61 weeks from start date. This is all the site preparatory works.
Phase 2b was to be started and planted in November 2018 but given the above delays, this may be delayed.

The club have since said they anticipate 2020 but obviously this is still on a best case scenario and could be at any point during 2020 (though I admit, the original statement read as start of 2020).
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 15203
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:55 am

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by HuddsTigers » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:06 pm

RE: The roadworks, I wouldn't believe anything in relation to them. They keep changing. Were May, then April, then October, then June, now December.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Dez
Dean Widders
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:36 pm

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Dez » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:33 pm

Proper update thanks hudds. Wish lateral could give better updates think there pr offical must be on long term sick

User avatar
yorky
Luke Gale
Posts: 3374
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:50 pm
Location: York, UK

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by yorky » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:39 pm

thanks Hudds

User avatar
Tigerade
Danny Orr
Posts: 1824
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Location: Larging it in Lagentium

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Tigerade » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:32 pm

Thanks for the update Hudds. I will say it again - we don't need to rush the process like Wakey to get this done. We don't want a bodge job. If it takes 3 years - great but if we have to have another 5 years at Wheldon Road then so be it. We need to get it right the first time - look at Salford who rushed the opening of their new stadium and it still resembles a building site.

onetiger
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4060
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:26 pm
Location: NORMANTON-BUT CLOSER TO CAS THAN WAKEY BAD LANDS

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by onetiger » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:39 pm

well i for one have had a massive change of views and i can now see us getting this new ground
the reason for my change of mind is i work for a construction company and one of our top men of the company was saying how the new investment will be in castleford and the jobs it will bring .i dont know if we will be putting in for any of the jobs .i hope so love to be part of it ....

User avatar
lurcher
Adrian Vowles
Posts: 9264
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:25 pm
Location: bridlington

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by lurcher » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:10 am

onetiger wrote:well i for one have had a massive change of views and i can now see us getting this new ground
the reason for my change of mind is i work for a construction company and one of our top men of the company was saying how the new investment will be in castleford and the jobs it will bring .i dont know if we will be putting in for any of the jobs .i hope so love to be part of it ....
wow, that is a big climb down. :clap:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

onetiger
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4060
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:26 pm
Location: NORMANTON-BUT CLOSER TO CAS THAN WAKEY BAD LANDS

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by onetiger » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:49 am

lurcher wrote:
onetiger wrote:well i for one have had a massive change of views and i can now see us getting this new ground
the reason for my change of mind is i work for a construction company and one of our top men of the company was saying how the new investment will be in castleford and the jobs it will bring .i dont know if we will be putting in for any of the jobs .i hope so love to be part of it ....
wow, that is a big climb down. :clap:
it sure is a massive one but i,m sure now its going to happen i,m pleased to be wrong

gateman
Danny Orr
Posts: 2860
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by gateman » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:17 am

there seems to be more optimism from the fans that at last there could be movement on the stadium , WHY is the silence deafening from both the builders and club if there is any substance to these rumors ????

User avatar
Tigerade
Danny Orr
Posts: 1824
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Location: Larging it in Lagentium

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Tigerade » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:41 am

I have a theory about the future of sports in the Wakefield district and how the process has been developed by the council over the last decade to get us to where we are now and where we will be in 10 years from now. It's quite long winded so I will be putting it in it's own thread very soon (that's if anyone is interested). It's based on the educational blue-print of Castleford and how that has been expanded to cover arts, sports and entertainment throughout the district.

User avatar
mart0042
Brad Davis
Posts: 5368
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 3:06 pm
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by mart0042 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:44 am

Thanks for the update hudds. Onwards and upwards.

User avatar
lurcher
Adrian Vowles
Posts: 9264
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:25 pm
Location: bridlington

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by lurcher » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:59 pm

Tigerade wrote:I have a theory about the future of sports in the Wakefield district and how the process has been developed by the council over the last decade to get us to where we are now and where we will be in 10 years from now. It's quite long winded so I will be putting it in it's own thread very soon (that's if anyone is interested). It's based on the educational blue-print of Castleford and how that has been expanded to cover arts, sports and entertainment throughout the district.
I'm sure vasty will enjoy reading it. :lol:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 15203
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:55 am

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by HuddsTigers » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:34 pm

gateman wrote:there seems to be more optimism from the fans that at last there could be movement on the stadium , WHY is the silence deafening from both the builders and club if there is any substance to these rumors ????
Because if they commented on every single worry the fans raised every single two weeks, they would never actually get any work done?

I’d rather them focus on dotting the i’s and t’s and come to us with a meaningful update than something that either tells us nothing or gives the fans false hope of something.

All their planning changes and discharging of conditions have been accepted now and passed. Reserved Matters for phases 1 and 2a have been passed already so there’s nothing stopping those from progressing over 2018.

And you kind of answered your own question: IF there is any substance - there is no evidence of anything other than the information that's been publicly made available on the Planning Portal across the whole of 2017, and in the rugby league press.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

User avatar
Tigerade
Danny Orr
Posts: 1824
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Location: Larging it in Lagentium

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Tigerade » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:42 pm

I'm sure vasty will enjoy reading it. :lol:
Yes - it could be distressing for some.

User avatar
alcasfan
Luke Gale
Posts: 3050
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by alcasfan » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:09 pm

Tigerade wrote:
I'm sure vasty will enjoy reading it. :lol:
Yes - it could be distressing for some.
Nah !

Easy for them, just this will do.

" Box lovesCas - Box hates Wakey and wants to see the end of them"

#nuffsaid #WheresRodney
Image
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

Post Reply