Wakey to get new ground maybe

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Wakey to get new ground maybe

Post by JIN JER » 23 Nov 2017, 00:16

Tigerade stated "the club are wanting their cake and eating it" I responded to that, you're laying out a quid, cake and eat it? No mention of council tax payers shelling out.
You don't really believe WMDC are gonna shell out £15M in today's economic climate do you? I certainly don't.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 23 Nov 2017, 00:23

Jinj, you're obviously a good guy and have your team's interests at heart, but try to remember that you're posting on a CAS forum therefore your sour grapes about our hitherto unbuilt stadium are unlikely to engender much sympathy here.

For the record, Wakefield Trinity's average crowd for last season was about 5,200, take off the cas , hull and leeds games and the average attendance was about 4,000. In your best ever SL season results wise. So Dewsbury would probably do.

I've posted on here before about the Wakey pipe dream, but would never dream of posting on the Wakefield forum simply because it's none of my business.

Please bear in mind that it's not our fault that your S106 has been full of holes since day one.

Furthermore, as Mr Gill has pointed out, Cas own the freehold to
our "old lady" so are not beholden to a speculative landlord, the council or indeed the RFL (in order to comply with the latest SL criteria we need to install approximately 500 extra seats).

As I've said before on our forum in a discussion with Rajpoot, I hope that both teams get their new grounds however far away it may seem at this moment.

PS is the Raj Poot still open ????

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 23 Nov 2017, 00:28

Spanishtiger, I wouldn't dream of coming on here and trolling, I just mentioned the £1 that is all, hardly trolling. I don't expect much if any sympathy.
As for the Raj, I believe the restaurant is indeed still open but has changed it's name.
Ps, it's now called Rice and spice.

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 23 Nov 2017, 08:39

JIN JER wrote:Tigerade stated "the club are wanting their cake and eating it" I responded to that, you're laying out a quid, cake and eat it? No mention of council tax payers shelling out.
You don't really believe WMDC are gonna shell out £15M in today's economic climate do you? I certainly don't.
Unfortunatel, that is what Trinity are asking WMDC to do, at Council Tax payers expense. Ours has no impact on the Council, £1 or not.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Nov 2017, 12:46

the wakefield club are out of there depth taking on the council things will only get worse for them too you dont have to be einstien to work out a scenario were some kind of community facility is built and the rugby club is not part of it they will then be shown by the council as the ones entirely to blame for the situation they will find themselves in
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 23 Nov 2017, 13:21

Having watched the link Hudds posted above, what saddens me the most is the calibre of individuals involved in local politics.
I thought Box, whether he is telling the truth or not, came across as petty & unprofessional & will, in my opinion, be ripped to shreds in a Courtroom environment - Any barrister will find it far too easy to lead him down a cup-de-sac. He kept tripping himself up without anyone actually applying any pressure & actually asking him anything!

Now I'm not saying he's done anything untoward as we don't have anywhere near enough information in the public domain to make any kind of reliable assessment, but I usually find, in my line of work, that the truth is always somewhere in the middle & I've not seen nor heard anything yet that makes me think otherwise about this whole sorry affair.
Both sides are telling people what they want to hear whilst leaving out pertinent information or deliberately misleading them. The only certain thing is that it will get very messy as the information in the public domain feels like it's now personal between Box & Carter.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 23 Nov 2017, 18:41

And your club are paying......£1. Cake and eat it?
come on Mick - I know you are not thick and you don't need educating on the subject. You do know that our agreement (with the Labour led council) is a multilateral agreement. Wakey's agreement is a unilateral agreed by the club and the tory led sec-of-state Eric Pickles government. WMDC agreed to change the S106 to a multilateral but your club rejected it.

Two entirely different schemes that cannot be compared.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 23 Nov 2017, 20:20

Tigerade wrote:
And your club are paying......£1. Cake and eat it?
come on Mick - I know you are not thick and you don't need educating on the subject. You do know that our agreement (with the Labour led council) is a multilateral agreement. Wakey's agreement is a unilateral agreed by the club and the tory led sec-of-state Eric Pickles government. WMDC agreed to change the S106 to a multilateral but your club rejected it.

Two entirely different schemes that cannot be compared.
Just thought I'd throw it in Tigerade.
Trolling apparently. :)

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 23 Nov 2017, 21:18

Please don't think that I'm accusing you of being a troll JINJ, your posts on here and on the WT forum show that you're an intelligent individual who has the interests of the game in general close to your heart. I just thought that your £1 comment was below your own high standards ....

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 23 Nov 2017, 21:55

Hence the :) Spanishtiger.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 23 Nov 2017, 22:58

Fair enough mate.

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 24 Nov 2017, 11:18

JIN JER wrote:And your club are paying......£1. Cake and eat it?
Just think though, when the NM trigger point is reached your club will pay nothing! - Quids in! :lol:
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 24 Nov 2017, 12:13

alcasfan wrote:
JIN JER wrote:And your club are paying......£1. Cake and eat it?
Just think though, when the NM trigger point is reached your club will pay nothing! - Quids in! :lol:
Yeah, can't wait! :(

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Nov 2017, 13:18

you better be sure before you go ahead will legal proceedings what you could lose and what you can gain ,if wakefield lose it could be a disaster for them , if they win apart from showing local councilors to be less than honest people i cant see in the long term what there going to gain in fact i think they will be worse off
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Dec 2017, 14:21

In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Dec 2017, 15:10

The waters look as murky as ever to me
just had a look at whats been said on the wakey board the person who was making a very fair point about it being a dangerous game to try and sort out a new ground while having left belle vue to play at dewsbury being accused of liking to dress up as hitler lol ..charming
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 12 Dec 2017, 19:32

tigerfeat wrote:The waters look as murky as ever to me
just had a look at whats been said on the wakey board the person who was making a very fair point about it being a dangerous game to try and sort out a new ground while having left belle vue to play at dewsbury being accused of liking to dress up as hitler lol ..charming
Causing mischief there mate, the guy who MC says likes dressing up as Hitler had photos on his Facebook page allegedly dressed as Hitler at a fancy dress party. HTH

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Dec 2017, 20:20

The guy that everybody was rounding on seems to talk sense people were asking for him to be barred there seems no tolerance of anybody offering a different point of view
just thought hitler thing a bit much apologies if its a in joke
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 12 Dec 2017, 20:46

tigerfeat wrote:The guy that everybody was rounding on seems to talk sense people were asking for him to be barred there seems no tolerance of anybody offering a different point of view
just thought hitler thing a bit much apologies if its a in joke
Pm'd you.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Dec 2017, 21:15

Cheers mate i tried p.m you but it wont send , il send it in morning
Vince Lombardi