Widdop!

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Widdop!

Post by Tigerwood posse » 17 Jun 2021, 11:59

Looks like he’s going to end up at Canberra or the NZ Warriors, what shocked me most about this article was his current wages! He’s on $800,000 a year, which equates to £434,000, how can any club in super league pay any player that sort of money, I’m assuming most British super league players are on something between £30,000 and £140,000, was Widdop worth it, what do other players around him feel about him receiving so much more than them, it’s astonishing!!

Another comment in this article which showed typical Aussie arrogance was the part where it said, he’s 31, but he’s had 2 years playing in Super League, so he’ll be very fresh if he returns to the NRL, what an insult, basically saying, he’d hardly have broken sweat in Super League, so he’ll not even seem like a 31 year old!! Such arrogance!!

Heres the link: https://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/ ... OUqDH7YwiA

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Widdop!

Post by Fumper27 » 17 Jun 2021, 12:22

Let’s not mix facts and opinions. Below is the actual quote:

"After a couple of years he's probably fresh to some degree and I reckon you could get another one or two years out of him."

I cannot see the phrase “very fresh” in there but my eyes aren’t what they once were.

Such stupidity!!!

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerwood posse » 17 Jun 2021, 13:26

It implies the same thing FFS!! are you actually trying to say it doesn't?? the main point about my post was the money angle, which i was genuinely shocked about, I see you made no comment about that, its my opinion fella, isn't that what forums are for, changing "fresh" to "very fresh", hardly changes the narrative of the quote!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 17 Jun 2021, 14:14

Very = extremely
Probably = in all likelihood

Therefore it implies two completely different things. What other teams spend on players doesn’t interest me. In fact, what we spend on players doesn’t interest me either.

You cannot start a sentence with “another comment in this article” and claim it’s your opinion. Your opinion started when you stated “what an insult”. So, you basically misquoted the article for reasons unknown.

FWIW, Gareth Widdop, in the games I’ve seen, has been a bit “Peter Matautia” by having one good game a month. Very inconsistent for a player of his calibre.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 17 Jun 2021, 15:24

He aint worth those figures, that's for sure but good luck to him in whatever he does...

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 17 Jun 2021, 22:50

Fumper27 wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 14:14 Very = extremely

Therefore it implies two completely different things. What other teams spend on players doesn’t interest me. In fact, what we spend on players doesn’t interest me either.

You cannot start a sentence with “another comment in this article” and claim it’s your opinion. Your opinion started when you stated “what an insult”. So, you basically misquoted the article for reasons unknown.

FWIW, Gareth Widdop, in the games I’ve seen, has been a bit “Peter Matautia” by having one good game a month. Very inconsistent for a player of his calibre.
i taught you well
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerwood posse » 18 Jun 2021, 01:18

Fumper27 wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 14:14 Very = extremely

What’s your problem with me, this isn’t the first time you’ve jumped down my throat,

what I am implying in my commentary, is clearly implied in the article, are you trying to suggest they are NOT saying he’s only played Super League, which is nothing like playing NRL, so he will be fresh?? It’s obvious that’s what they are saying, if I said a man had been violently murdered, but an article stated he had merely just been plain old murdered, the man would still be fkn dead!!

Give it rest fella!!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Jun 2021, 10:43

Wire say he’s not going

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 18 Jun 2021, 17:01