Sportmanship

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Sportmanship

Post by Piquad1 » 06 Jun 2021, 10:52

All in the heat of the moment. Bet Farges never noticed how he came up with the ball but you play to the whistle. Hindsight a beautiful thing. But unfortunately Griffin should have just gone down with the ball.?

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 06 Jun 2021, 15:05

If anything for me, the ref should have eyes on this and should blow. It didn't take a rocket scientist to see he pulled up with something severe. If he was injured and loses it in contact then fair enough. But when a player goes down like and throws it away, untouched, ball should be dead.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 06 Jun 2021, 18:12

Sorry to disagree with you lot who said he should have kept hold of the ball, horrible pain at the time it snaps, but play to whistle, bad luck it happened near Hull line, could have happened near Saints line and Hull player picked it up and scored.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 06 Jun 2021, 23:18

Dennis Vazquez wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 15:05 If anything for me, the ref should have eyes on this and should blow. It didn't take a rocket scientist to see he pulled up with something severe. If he was injured and loses it in contact then fair enough. But when a player goes down like and throws it away, untouched, ball should be dead.
Agree. The ref is in charge of the game.

It's like teams being "expected" to put the ball out in football if a member of the opposition goes down. It's ridiculous. Ref - blow your whistle. Take control if it looks like someone is hurt.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 07 Jun 2021, 11:50

In all honesty I'm not sure what anyone could've done differently, other than Griffin holding onto the ball which as the ball carrier, he is expected to do. Of course, it's different if your unconscious and have no control over your actions but he wasn't.

Anything different and I can see players doing a football and falling over to gain time and a breather when trying to bring the ball out from their own line.

It's tough on Griffin but it's a tough sport.

flood light tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flood light tiger » 07 Jun 2021, 16:59

Not only did griffen pick up an injury he also as been slapped with a 2 match ban on a dangerous tackle

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 08 Jun 2021, 10:06

Can't blame fages. I felt at the time maybe the game should have been stopped but the ref played on.

Football is different, a goal is the only way to score, whereas Hull have the opportunity to get their points back easier.

And on a side note,it's the first time I've seen an injured player throw the ball away. I've seen broken arms, legs and all sorts and it's the one thing they don't give up.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 08 Jun 2021, 10:25

flood light tiger wrote: 07 Jun 2021, 16:59 Not only did griffen pick up an injury he also as been slapped with a 2 match ban on a dangerous tackle
Harsh!