Zak Hardaker

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
covid tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Zak Hardaker

Post by covid tiger » 23 Apr 2021, 16:28

Hearing from a close pal of his agreed to join Warrington for 2022. Powell part 3 if true.. Said he played well against Cas... Told he is a wire 2022

BoldBeefFlank
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Zak Hardaker

Post by BoldBeefFlank » 23 Apr 2021, 17:05

That would be a real statement of intent if true.

Warrington already have 3 very good full backs so someone's nose might be put out of joint.

Hard to believe Wigan would let him go, its not like they're a club that needs the cash and Zak looks happy but anything can happen with Hardaker as we all know.

Maybe Briers will bring Ashton with him to Cas. ;)

Alfiedog
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Alfiedog » 23 Apr 2021, 18:24

‘Warrington already have 3 very good full backs so someone's nose might be put out of joint’

Probably Ratchford😃😃😃😃

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 23 Apr 2021, 18:36

BoldBeefFlank wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 17:05 That would be a real statement of intent if true.

Warrington already have 3 very good full backs so someone's nose might be put out of joint.

Hard to believe Wigan would let him go, its not like they're a club that needs the cash and Zak looks happy but anything can happen with Hardaker as we all know.

What, another one?

BoldBeefFlank
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BoldBeefFlank » 23 Apr 2021, 18:55

Alfiedog wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 18:24 ‘Warrington already have 3 very good full backs so someone's nose might be put out of joint’

Probably Ratchford😃😃😃😃
:lol:

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 23 Apr 2021, 18:57

BoldBeefFlank wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 17:05 That would be a real statement of intent if true.

Zak’s nose might already be outta joint due to his predisposition to cocaine....🤔🤔

BoldBeefFlank
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BoldBeefFlank » 23 Apr 2021, 19:14

Fumper27 wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 18:57

Zak’s nose might already be outta joint due to his predisposition to cocaine....🤔🤔
He's a good boy these days... O:)

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 23 Apr 2021, 23:06

BoldBeefFlank wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 19:14
Fumper27 wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 18:57

He's a good boy these days... O:)
he's learnt his lesson. he doesn't get caught now. ;)
jo brand is eddie warings love child

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 26 Apr 2021, 08:50

I know Zak, he was in a genuinely bad place around 2016/2017 off the field, even if on field he looked like he was having the time of his life. Anyone who knows him will know the torment him and his partner were going through which ultimately caused his demise. I think his career nearly being over was the wake up call he needed.

He's a different bloke now that he's no longer around here and around certain old friendship groups, he's soon to be married and now has a baby. People change and I wish him all the best.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Apr 2021, 09:00

heritage1926 wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 08:50 I know Zak, he was in a genuinely bad place around 2016/2017 off the field, even if on field he looked like he was having the time of his life. Anyone who knows him will know the torment him and his partner were going through which ultimately caused his demise. I think his career nearly being over was the wake up call he needed.

He's a different bloke now that he's no longer around here and around certain old friendship groups, he's soon to be married and now has a baby. People change and I wish him all the best.
Correct.
Must have been horrendous for him.
Not gonna say I forgive him for what he did just before the GF.
Shame he’s not doing it for cas instead of Wigan.
Anyone know If powel knew of hardacres circumstances, maybe if he didn’t Powell may have bit the bullet and kept him.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 26 Apr 2021, 10:52

Love him or hate him he's a class act when on form.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 26 Apr 2021, 12:03

old cas lass wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 09:00
heritage1926 wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 08:50 I know Zak, he was in a genuinely bad place around 2016/2017 off the field, even if on field he looked like he was having the time of his life. Anyone who knows him will know the torment him and his partner were going through which ultimately caused his demise. I think his career nearly being over was the wake up call he needed.

Correct.
Must have been horrendous for him.
Not gonna say I forgive him for what he did just before the GF.
Shame he’s not doing it for cas instead of Wigan.
Anyone know If powel knew of hardacres circumstances, maybe if he didn’t Powell may have bit the bullet and kept him.
No doubt he was going through a tough time, but he's not the only one bad stuff happens to and it's not an excuse for resorting to taking Class A and drink driving.

However, I'm glad he's not a Cas. It is always a matter of time before his next brain explosion. I'm afraid I've heard the 'turned over a new leaf' comment too often from him for it to hold any credibility any more.
He was turning over a new leaf after assaulting students.
He was turning over a new leaf after getting kicked out of the England camp.
He was turning over a new leaf after his homophobic comments.
He was turning over a new leaf when he joined Penrith.
He was turning over a new leaf when he joined Cas.
He was turning over a new leaf when he signed for Wigan, before getting arrested for drink driving in his first week.

Do people change? Maybe.
Will he suddenly develop a sense of loyalty towards his employer, whoever than might be? I think not. I'd be willing to bet that his time at Wigan will end controversially one way or the other.

Probably also fair to say that we did try to keep Zak. We supported him to find work during his ban and offered him a contract during his ban for when he could return to playing. He told the club he would 'play for nothing' to repay the loyalty we showed him, but then he went and signed for Wigan when they offered him a slightly better deal.
For those saying we should have just 'kept him on' - we couldn't. Players banned by WADA/UKAD are not allowed to be contracted to or paid by any club during their suspension.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Apr 2021, 12:09

Maybe the mob he hung out with lead him astray.
Hanger on’ers.
Now he’s away from them, living with his girlfriend and now as a baby, maybe he as settled down.

Only time will tell.
And I agree there’s lots of people who go through hard times but don’t resort to drugs.

Though his issue back then was very sad and it must have affected him badly.
Which it did.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 26 Apr 2021, 15:10

old cas lass wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 12:09 Maybe the mob he hung out with lead him astray.
Hanger on’ers.
Now he’s away from them, living with his girlfriend and now as a baby, maybe he as settled down.

Only time will tell.
And I agree there’s lots of people who go through hard times but don’t resort to drugs.

Though his issue back then was very sad and it must have affected him badly.
Which it did.
Maybe, but (unfortunately) many many people experience the same kind of situation and don't turn to Class A. Especially when doing so can cost them their job for a number of years.
And we can't blame that for all the occasions prior to 2017, either.
Unfortunately, when the big red button labelled 'self destruct' appears, Zak presses it every time. I'm sure he doesn't wake up in the morning intending to do something stupid, but he always does eventually.
There's always an excuse (his mates, his partner, mental health, social media, ADHD, alcohol etc), but the fact is that it keeps happening.
Can he resist pressing that self-destruct button when it next appears? I hope so, but I wouldn't bank on it.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 26 Apr 2021, 16:18

No sympathy from me. We paid him a good wage, paid a good transfer fee and built our team on a fullback adding an extra dimension to our game.

We might have only got to the final as he was a major factor but he certainly lost it for us when he got banned and dragged the clubs name through the dirt.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Apr 2021, 20:56

"I reckon I am probably the best full-back, defensively, certainly in the last 10 years. I’ve got no problems saying that and I’ll back that up."

Zak Hardaker proclaims himself to be Super League's best full-back after stunning start to the season.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... ssion=true

Nowt like bigging yourself up.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 26 Apr 2021, 21:15

old cas lass wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 20:56 "I reckon I am probably the best full-back, defensively, certainly in the last 10 years. I’ve got no problems saying that and I’ll back that up."

Zak Hardaker proclaims himself to be Super League's best full-back after stunning start to the season.

In fairness, he’s probably right. On the field, he’s been the best full-back over the last decade. Some have had better seasons perhaps and he’s not been great at Wigan until this year.

Can’t help but think he’s sending a not-so-subtle message to Adrian Lam that he expects to be playing there, not in the centres.

Sam Tomkins is in great form too, though. I certainly wouldn’t like to pick between them at the moment.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 27 Apr 2021, 12:00

old cas lass wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 20:56 "I reckon I am probably the best full-back, defensively, certainly in the last 10 years. I’ve got no problems saying that and I’ll back that up."

I actually think he’s right......But very arrogant of him to put it out there, but that’s Hardaker for you.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 27 Apr 2021, 13:07

There's is no doubt his actions in 2017 cost us a GF victory and for some, that will be hard to forget, let alone forgive.

However, mental illness is not like any other illness. Simply saying he should've just got on with it is pure ignorance. Some turn to drugs, some alcohol, others simply take their own lives. I don't think any of those can be easily dismissed.

I said from the off he needed support from Cas and had we done so, we may well still be reaping the rewards.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 27 Apr 2021, 15:57

he may as well just paint a big target on his back.
jo brand is eddie warings love child