Zak Hardaker

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Zak Hardaker

Post by old cas lass » 26 Apr 2021, 20:56

"I reckon I am probably the best full-back, defensively, certainly in the last 10 years. I’ve got no problems saying that and I’ll back that up."

Zak Hardaker proclaims himself to be Super League's best full-back after stunning start to the season.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... ssion=true

Nowt like bigging yourself up.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 26 Apr 2021, 21:15

old cas lass wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 20:56 "I reckon I am probably the best full-back, defensively, certainly in the last 10 years. I’ve got no problems saying that and I’ll back that up."

Zak Hardaker proclaims himself to be Super League's best full-back after stunning start to the season.

In fairness, he’s probably right. On the field, he’s been the best full-back over the last decade. Some have had better seasons perhaps and he’s not been great at Wigan until this year.

Can’t help but think he’s sending a not-so-subtle message to Adrian Lam that he expects to be playing there, not in the centres.

Sam Tomkins is in great form too, though. I certainly wouldn’t like to pick between them at the moment.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 27 Apr 2021, 12:00

old cas lass wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 20:56 "I reckon I am probably the best full-back, defensively, certainly in the last 10 years. I’ve got no problems saying that and I’ll back that up."

I actually think he’s right......But very arrogant of him to put it out there, but that’s Hardaker for you.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 27 Apr 2021, 13:07

There's is no doubt his actions in 2017 cost us a GF victory and for some, that will be hard to forget, let alone forgive.

However, mental illness is not like any other illness. Simply saying he should've just got on with it is pure ignorance. Some turn to drugs, some alcohol, others simply take their own lives. I don't think any of those can be easily dismissed.

I said from the off he needed support from Cas and had we done so, we may well still be reaping the rewards.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 27 Apr 2021, 15:57

he may as well just paint a big target on his back.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 Apr 2021, 16:27

FIat Capper wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 13:07 There's is no doubt his actions in 2017 cost us a GF victory and for some, that will be hard to forget, let alone forgive.

However, mental illness is not like any other illness. Simply saying he should've just got on with it is pure ignorance. Some turn to drugs, some alcohol, others simply take their own lives. I don't think any of those can be easily dismissed.

I said from the off he needed support from Cas and had we done so, we may well still be reaping the rewards.
He was offered a massive amount of support by the club.
But the regulations around athletes once suspended by WADA/UKAD are tight - we couldn't employ him in any role and nor could anyone financially connected to the club. All the support that we offered was basically thrown back in the club's face - ultimately, you can only help someone who wants help.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 27 Apr 2021, 16:35

nottinghamtiger wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 16:27
FIat Capper wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 13:07 There's is no doubt his actions in 2017 cost us a GF victory and for some, that will be hard to forget, let alone forgive.

But the regulations around athletes once suspended by WADA/UKAD are tight - we couldn't employ him in any role and nor could anyone financially connected to the club. All the support that we offered was basically thrown back in the club's face - ultimately, you can only help someone who wants help.
Wigan appear to have 'managed' him fairly well.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 Apr 2021, 17:53

FIat Capper wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 16:35

So far...

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 27 Apr 2021, 23:04

he's a valuable piece of meat, unlike the others they got shot of for similar transgressions.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Apr 2021, 08:25

nottinghamtiger wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 17:53

So far...
You have to admit tho he looks to have settled in well at Wigan he looks like one of the teams leaders
I thought he would have A -not been playing anything like he is now and B-not been able to stay out of trouble but I was wrong I think he's a tool like you but you have to admit to how well he's doing at Wigan
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

southporttiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by southporttiger » 28 Apr 2021, 11:18

tigerfeat wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 08:25

So far...
You have to admit tho he looks to have settled in well at Wigan he looks like one of the teams leaders
I thought he would have A -not been playing anything like he is now and B-not been able to stay out of trouble but I was wrong I think he's a tool like you but you have to admit to how well he's doing at Wigan
That's a bit harsh. I think Notts usually makes sensible and valid points :lol:

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 28 Apr 2021, 11:50

southporttiger wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 11:18

So far...
That's a bit harsh. I think Notts usually makes sensible and valid points :lol:
I saw it the same but couldn’t think how to word it. :)

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Apr 2021, 12:20

I agree with you ZH is a tool I meant to say
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 28 Apr 2021, 13:01

So far...
Yep. But he looked exactly the same at Leeds and Cas, and we know what happened.
Ironically, he tends to screw up when things are going really well for him. Maybe he gets overconfident and thinks he can get away with anything, and that’s when he’s most likely to make another bad decision.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 30 Apr 2021, 11:54

Zak and Jake Connor are clearly on good terms, judging by last night’s match.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 29 May 2021, 19:00

Nice headbutt tonight

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 29 May 2021, 19:47

Think he realised he isn’t the best fullback in SL, so head butted the best fullback in SL.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 May 2021, 20:03

Other Tompkins didn't miss with at least one of his punches onto his beak either ...
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 29 May 2021, 21:30

think the zakster would have been in trouble without the head butt. he's involved in the tackle and then puts his hand between the french players legs and lifts. i think sam takes exception to it, hardaker butts him then joel comes in and lands a couple.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 29 May 2021, 22:17