Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Sam burgess

Post by nottinghamtiger » 25 Feb 2021, 23:44

Derbyshiretiger wrote: 25 Feb 2021, 22:54
nottinghamtiger wrote: 25 Feb 2021, 22:26
Derbyshiretiger wrote: 25 Feb 2021, 20:41 Some comments on here are a disgrace. How do we know what turmoil this guy is going through? We need to be very careful because the same guys slating him will he the first to say " who,d have thought " if we have another TN on the cards. Please be aware of how mental health works and how destroying it fan be.
Mental heath is almost at catastrophic levels, and has massive ramifications on individuals.
However, so does getting in a car under the influence of drink/drugs. The consequences can be absolutely tragic. Mental heath or not, everyone knows the potential damage they can cause by making that choice. He deserves every word of criticism he gets.
Sorry dont agree. Mental health issues can make you make wrong decisions. And taking drugs or drink can be both if them
If he can’t live his life without putting the lives of others at risk (or his own life) he needs to be detained under whatever Australia’s equivalent of the Mental Health Act is.
Most people with MH difficulties can and do still have the capacity to know the difference between right and wrong, and understand that actions have consequences. If he’s beyond that, action needs to be taken to protect him and others from the danger he poses.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Feb 2021, 09:27

The allegations that the Sydney club were accused of trying to cover from his wife about beatings she took from him over a period of time including when she was pregnant make grim reading
He's then got in a car without the required liecence under the influence of drugs to pick up his very young kids
I wouldnt be making excuses for him myself personally
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Derbyshiretiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Derbyshiretiger » 26 Feb 2021, 13:59

Derbyshiretiger wrote: 25 Feb 2021, 22:54
nottinghamtiger wrote: 25 Feb 2021, 22:26
Derbyshiretiger wrote: 25 Feb 2021, 20:41 Some comments on here are a disgrace. How do we know what turmoil this guy is going through? We need to be very careful because the same guys slating him will he the first to say " who,d have thought " if we have another TN on the cards. Please be aware of how mental health works and how destroying it fan be.

Mental heath is almost at catastrophic levels, and has massive ramifications on individuals.
However, so does getting in a car under the influence of drink/drugs. The consequences can be absolutely tragic. Mental heath or not, everyone knows the potential damage they can cause by making that choice. He deserves every word of criticism he gets.
Sorry dont agree. Mental health issues can make you make wrong decisions. And taking drugs or drink can be both if them
I myself have had mental health issues and some of the decisions I have made would no doubt make some of you on here slag me off the same as SB. Do I condone the things hes accused of? No of course not but do i understand the dark places mental health can take you? Unfortunately yes i do. Dont judge anyone until you have walked a mile in his shoes. Some of the comments on here just show to me the lack of knowledge and unfortunately the lack of understanding of Mental health. The stigma has been broken they say. Well I'm not so sure. Stay safe every one

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 02 Mar 2021, 12:47

The blatant lack of understanding of the impact of mental illness on here shows why so many men choose to bottle it up.

It is crippling; your mind simply does not work. To suggest all these should be incarcerated is taking us ack to the Victorian era and definitely a retrograde step.

SB now has the opportunity to get help and support he may need to move towards the right direction but nothing i s guaranteed. That's how difficult mental illness is.

Derbyshiretiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Derbyshiretiger » 02 Mar 2021, 12:57

FIat Capper wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 12:47 The blatant lack of understanding of the impact of mental illness on here shows why so many men choose to bottle it up.

It is crippling; your mind simply does not work. To suggest all these should be incarcerated is taking us ack to the Victorian era and definitely a retrograde step.

SB now has the opportunity to get help and support he may need to move towards the right direction but nothing i s guaranteed. That's how difficult mental illness is.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 02 Mar 2021, 17:40

Well said Derby. Stay safe. No one should suffer in silence. Talk to people get help it's out there just reach out for it. It's nothing to be embarrassed about.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 19 Mar 2021, 09:16

His conviction for intimidating his father in law has been quashed on appeal.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 19 Mar 2021, 12:54

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 19 Mar 2021, 09:16 His conviction for intimidating his father in law has been quashed on appeal.
I don't doubt that but haven't seen anything? I'm not surprised either, it did seem a tad dubious.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 19 Mar 2021, 14:00

FIat Capper wrote: 19 Mar 2021, 12:54
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 19 Mar 2021, 09:16 His conviction for intimidating his father in law has been quashed on appeal.
I don't doubt that but haven't seen anything? I'm not surprised either, it did seem a tad dubious.
It’s on the BBC News site