Sam burgess

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
old cas lass
Malcolm Reilly

Sam burgess

Post by old cas lass » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:04 am

mart0042
Brad Davis
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Sam burgess

Post by mart0042 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:10 am

A perfect signing for Wigan in the making.

FIat Capper
Dean Widders

Post by FIat Capper » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:55 am

If it is true, I think it's a sign of a man in turmoil. Divorced so lost his wife, reduced access to kids plus he's been found guilty of a crime.

I hope he can turn things around.

old cas lass
Malcolm Reilly

Post by old cas lass » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:58 am

Been reading a few posts on twitter that some aussies have commented on.
They want him deported, I’m sure he became an Australian citizen few years ago. Could be wrong.

mdean
Danny Orr
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:02 pm

Concur with Capper to an extent, scaled the heights and when you take off the kit and wash it all through, you're just left being a bloke at the end and that can't be easy. You can "be around the group" and train and anything you like, but you are no longer in that group and you're on the outside of a community he joined when he was about 10.

No excuse for some of the allegations, albeit there is some mitigation. Personally, I feel operating a vehicle while under the influence of anything is inexcusable, but I can see that it hasn't been necessarily easy.

alftupper
Luke Gale

Post by alftupper » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:23 pm

Drug driving on his way to pick up his kids, a total disgrace if it turns out to be true. It is the way of the world these days for some to make excuses or at least offer mitigation for lawbreakers, you can see it already in this thread. A young millionaire with two kids and the rest of his life ahead of him and he’s been convicted of intimidating his ex father in law and now stopped for drug driving. I often think Rugby League is much like the army, drawn from poorly educated young men with little life prospects to look forward to, once the sheen of their media training fades they revert to type.

FIat Capper
Dean Widders

Post by FIat Capper » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:38 pm

alftupper wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:23 pm
Drug driving on his way to pick up his kids, a total disgrace if it turns out to be true. It is the way of the world these days for some to make excuses or at least offer mitigation for lawbreakers, you can see it already in this thread. A young millionaire with two kids and the rest of his life ahead of him and he’s been convicted of intimidating his ex father in law and now stopped for drug driving. I often think Rugby League is much like the army, drawn from poorly educated young men with little life prospects to look forward to, once the sheen of their media training fades they revert to type.
Genuinely not worth any comments in response...

Scoopage
Danny Orr

Post by Scoopage » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:57 pm

mdean wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:02 pm
Concur with Capper to an extent, scaled the heights and when you take off the kit and wash it all through, you're just left being a bloke at the end and that can't be easy. You can "be around the group" and train and anything you like, but you are no longer in that group and you're on the outside of a community he joined when he was about 10.

No excuse for some of the allegations, albeit there is some mitigation. Personally, I feel operating a vehicle while under the influence of anything is inexcusable, but I can see that it hasn't been necessarily easy.
Totally get where your coming from.now I know it’s by no means the level that sam burgess was at but I’d been playing amateur football since I was 10 years old and recently retired.the gap that leaves in your life is immense.not training or playing anymore is hard but most of all the camaraderie is what I really miss.it’s no excuse for what he’s done but I imagine the bloke is quite depressed and lonely at this moment.he’s had to retire through injury not through personal choice and I imagine that hurts more.hope he gets the help he clearly needs and can maybe get back into rugby league in some capacity

Scoopage
Danny Orr

Post by Scoopage » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:58 pm

Scoopage wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:57 pm
mdean wrote:

Totally get where your coming from.now I know it’s by no means the level that sam burgess was at but I’d been playing amateur football since I was 10 years old and recently retired at 40.the gap that leaves in your life is immense.not training or playing anymore is hard but most of all the camaraderie is what I really miss.it’s no excuse for what he’s done but I imagine the bloke is quite depressed and lonely at this moment.he’s had to retire through injury not through personal choice and I imagine that hurts more.hope he gets the help he clearly needs and can maybe get back into rugby league in some capacity

scottiger
Junior Moors

Post by scottiger » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:46 pm

FIat Capper wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:38 pm
alftupper wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:23 pm
Genuinely not worth any comments in response...
its a little harsh but there is a little truth too it tbh .
TM Out

jackknife
Luke Gale

Post by jackknife » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:05 pm

Scoopage wrote:
mdean wrote:

Totally get where your coming from.now I know it’s by no means the level that sam burgess was at but I’d been playing amateur football since I was 10 years old and recently retired.the gap that leaves in your life is immense.not training or playing anymore is hard but most of all the camaraderie is what I really miss.it’s no excuse for what he’s done but I imagine the bloke is quite depressed and lonely at this moment.he’s had to retire through injury not through personal choice and I imagine that hurts more.hope he gets the help he clearly needs and can maybe get back into rugby league in some capacity
Get yourself into coaching scoopage even just as help that keeps the camaraderie going a few more years.

CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Scoopage
Danny Orr

Post by Scoopage » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:09 pm

jackknife wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:05 pm
Scoopage wrote:
mdean wrote:

Get yourself into coaching scoopage even just as help that keeps the camaraderie going a few more years.
I tried it buddy but amateur footy not in the best state of affairs.very hard to find 11 committed blokes every week.find yourself on the phone chasing people more than actually coaching.thanks for the suggestion tho mate

Derbyshiretiger
Kirk Dixon

Post by Derbyshiretiger » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:41 pm

Some comments on here are a disgrace. How do we know what turmoil this guy is going through? We need to be very careful because the same guys slating him will he the first to say " who,d have thought " if we have another TN on the cards. Please be aware of how mental health works and how destroying it fan be.

nottinghamtiger
Michael Eagar

Post by nottinghamtiger » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:26 pm

Derbyshiretiger wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:41 pm
Some comments on here are a disgrace. How do we know what turmoil this guy is going through? We need to be very careful because the same guys slating him will he the first to say " who,d have thought " if we have another TN on the cards. Please be aware of how mental health works and how destroying it fan be.
Mental heath is almost at catastrophic levels, and has massive ramifications on individuals.
However, so does getting in a car under the influence of drink/drugs. The consequences can be absolutely tragic. Mental heath or not, everyone knows the potential damage they can cause by making that choice. He deserves every word of criticism he gets.

Derbyshiretiger
Kirk Dixon

Post by Derbyshiretiger » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:54 pm

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:26 pm
Derbyshiretiger wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:41 pm
Mental heath is almost at catastrophic levels, and has massive ramifications on individuals.
However, so does getting in a car under the influence of drink/drugs. The consequences can be absolutely tragic. Mental heath or not, everyone knows the potential damage they can cause by making that choice. He deserves every word of criticism he gets.
Sorry dont agree. Mental health issues can make you make wrong decisions. And taking drugs or drink can be both if them