World Cup

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Ken Smith
Academy Player
Academy Player

World Cup

Post by Ken Smith » 16 Jan 2021, 09:54

Strange choice of sportsmen by Shaun Wane to give motivational speeches to our World Cup group, Mr Nice and Mr Nasty. Whilst I’ve always been an admirer of Lee Westwood I can’t see how a golfer can motivate a group of rugby league players to perform better, and as for John Terry, a most despicable former footballer words fail me. Surely we have some ex-rugby league coaches such as Ellery Hanley and Mal Reilly would be more appropriate!

Danny Boy
Verified

Re: World Cup

Post by Danny Boy » 16 Jan 2021, 10:47

Agree with that Ken, maybe they came cheap?
Danny Boy

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 16 Jan 2021, 10:47

Jamie Peacock has a great motivational speech but only one, which l would imagine they have already heard.
If the want to boost finances they could invite Harry Schofield and put a swear box on the podium.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 16 Jan 2021, 10:49

Garry damn that predictive text

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Jan 2021, 12:10

If the coach can't give the players motivation he should move aside before he starts and let someone else have the job
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 Jan 2021, 14:04

tigerfeat wrote: 16 Jan 2021, 12:10 If the coach can't give the players motivation he should move aside before he starts and let someone else have the job
To be fair, if the players can’t motivate themselves enough when they are playing for England in a World Cup, they shouldn’t be playing.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 16 Jan 2021, 17:52

Well I honestly thought why he got the coaches job in the first place. All he will bring to the team is thuggery. Pity George Formby has passed away he'd have probably invited him to talk.(Turned out nice again hehehe).

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Jan 2021, 09:54

nottinghamtiger wrote: 16 Jan 2021, 14:04
tigerfeat wrote: 16 Jan 2021, 12:10 If the coach can't give the players motivation he should move aside before he starts and let someone else have the job
To be fair, if the players can’t motivate themselves enough when they are playing for England in a World Cup, they shouldn’t be playing.
Of course but if you need someone to lift your spirits more get Mal who coached the GB side in 1988 on the rare occasion we've beat the Aussies or Hanley who played in that match I know I'd rather listen to them two than a golfer and a footballer
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 17 Jan 2021, 10:34

tigerfeat wrote: 17 Jan 2021, 09:54
nottinghamtiger wrote: 16 Jan 2021, 14:04
Of course but if you need someone to lift your spirits more get Mal who coached the GB side in 1988 on the rare occasion we've beat the Aussies or Hanley who played in that match I know I'd rather listen to them two than a golfer and a footballer
I dislike Shaun Wane, but he could be good for England.
We’ve tried the shrewd coaches with fantastic tactical brains and proven game-management in terms of interchanges etc. We still didn’t beat the Aussies.
Time to try someone who’ll just send the team out to be aggressive and fired up enough to batter the opposition - and who better for that than Wane?
I hope he sees past his Wigan bias, though. If we want to win it, we need to select the players who are absolutely on the top of their game and pick players in the position they actually play - not back-rowers playing in the centres and half-backs playing at full-back.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 18 Jan 2021, 09:11

Ken Smith wrote: 16 Jan 2021, 09:54 Strange choice of sportsmen by Shaun Wane to give motivational speeches to our World Cup group, Mr Nice and Mr Nasty. Whilst I’ve always been an admirer of Lee Westwood I can’t see how a golfer can motivate a group of rugby league players to perform better, and as for John Terry, a most despicable former footballer words fail me. Surely we have some ex-rugby league coaches such as Ellery Hanley and Mal Reilly would be more appropriate!
Its a speech whats the worst that can happen? both those sports players have faced a lot in their careers and can add to a fellow sports mans development anyone would think they had been added to the coaching team with the negativity you're bringing.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER