Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Jack ashworth

Post by HuddsTigers » 30 Nov 2020, 18:59

People really need to be careful speculating over cases

They are sub judice and could land the forum and the individual in a whole lot of trouble for potentially prejudicing the outcome.

Mods, I'd look at removing these or editing some posts above
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 30 Nov 2020, 19:24

Good signing for them that. We was watching him last season.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 30 Nov 2020, 19:39

HuddsTigers wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 18:59 People really need to be careful speculating over cases

They are sub judice and could land the forum and the individual in a whole lot of trouble for potentially prejudicing the outcome.

Mods, I'd look at removing these or editing some posts above
It’s nothing like sub justice.
There is no information here that hasn’t been made publicly available by the courts. Saying that someone is due to go on trial isn’t sub justice. Saying something that has already been said in open court isn’t sub justice. Even speculating on an outcome isn’t sub justice unless the intent is to impede or prejudice the process.
You’re trying to tell moderators what to do without any understanding of what you are commenting on. If you’re going to try and police the forum, at least have some understanding of what you are trying to tell people they should and should write.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 30 Nov 2020, 19:56

You literally spoke about his alleged incident and defence (and put your personal opinion on that defence).

Of a case that is live and in the courts. That literally is exactly what is covered in the law.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 30 Nov 2020, 20:02

HuddsTigers wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 19:56 You literally spoke about his alleged incident and defence (and put your personal opinion on that defence).

Of a case that is live and in the courts. That literally is exactly what is covered in the law.
No it’s not. The incident has been described in open court. It’s not sub-justice to comment on it (not even in national press).
His defence has already been made in open court, so it’s not sub-justice to comment on that either (again, it has also been reported in national press too).
I can give my opinion, as long as I don’t intend to impede or prejudice the case. And I don’t.
You know that national newspapers report on trials before the verdict, right? Are you suggesting they are in contempt?
You’ve seen a law and applied the very simplest definition you think fits. But it’s far more complex than you think.
If I wanted to I could write about where the incident involving Greg Eden occurred and the name of the victim and Greg’s address. Again, it’s all already published and recorded in open court. I just don’t think it’s appropriate.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 30 Nov 2020, 20:10

If you are going to challenge me at least get it right (sub-judice).

And no, you are ok to report or comment the facts The facts of his court date, his plea, and the basis of that.

You are not able to start throwing around your feelings on the case/his defence, when nothing has been said and you know nothing of the specifics of the case.

I will leave it with the mods to decide - ultimately it is their money, their forum and them that could land in hot water. We as forum users have to be careful what we say, especially when it comes to legal matters. Completely upto you if you are happy to put yourself in the firing line but I quite value this forum as a good source of discussion of CTRLFC.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 30 Nov 2020, 20:19

HuddsTigers wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 20:10 If you are going to challenge me at least get it right (sub-judice).

And no, you are ok to report or comment the facts The facts of his court date, his plea, and the basis of that.

You are not able to start throwing around your feelings on the case/his defence, when nothing has been said and you know nothing of the specifics of the case.

I will leave it with the mods to decide - ultimately it is their money, their forum and them that could land in hot water. We as forum users have to be careful what we say, especially when it comes to legal matters. Completely upto you if you are happy to put yourself in the firing line but I quite value this forum as a good source of discussion of CTRLFC.
The term is pretty interchangeable - not many people use the Latin phrase these days.
I can comment on the defence he has already put forward in open court. We do know the specifics because they were presented at an earlier hearing.
You can try and frighten and bully the forum moderators with scare-tactics to try and get your own way. And they might decide to err on the side of caution. But you are dealing with something you clearly have little understanding of.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 30 Nov 2020, 20:27

The Admins literally posted this a few weeks ago:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32600

I don't think they need me to frighten them. They already know themselves when it could be an issue legally and it is upto us as forum users to respect that. Like I said, if you want to ignore that that is upto you.

All I said was that people need to be careful and for the mods to review, remove or edit bits that go against that. It's your prerogative to take offence to that but we have to look out for each other as forum users. This isn't personal - it is just that the forum comes first.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 30 Nov 2020, 20:36

HuddsTigers wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 20:27 The Admins literally posted this a few weeks ago:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32600

I don't think they need me to frighten them. They already know themselves when it could be an issue legally and it is upto us as forum users to respect that. Like I said, if you want to ignore that that is upto you.

All I said was that people need to be careful and for the mods to review, remove or edit bits that go against that. It's your prerogative to take offence to that but we have to look out for each other as forum users. This isn't personal - it is just that the forum comes first.
I’m sure the moderators appreciate you telling them what to do, but as I say nothing on this thread is libellous or sub justice/judice (or anything else untoward).
The issue is that you come on here dictating what people should and shouldn’t be saying, even when this clearly isn’t your area of expertise and your knowledge is very limited (and indeed just wrong in some respects).
Then you try and get your own way by attempting to intimidate the moderators of the forum to side with you, trying to frighten them into thinking they should do what you say.
Why don’t you offer to moderate if you are so keen to be the forum police?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 30 Nov 2020, 20:40

Don’t think there’s any moderators left to moderate.
I only see Matt step in if need be.
Can’t comment on law, I don’t have a clue.
Least I have a clean record :)

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 30 Nov 2020, 20:44

As I've said, I'll leave it upto the mods to decide (I said this two or three posts ago) and yet you are trying to carry it on. If you have nothing to worry about and I am wrong, what's the issue?

How do you know what my expertise is? I know all about reporting trials and court cases - that is part of my degree and educational background. It is why the NCTJ/NUJ have clear editorial and reporting guidelines where they only report what happened on the day in a very impartial way, and only quoting specific quotes from court.

I don't think I've addressed the admin or mods except for my first post. All I've maintained is that we as users shouldn't put the forum at risk needlessly. That is literally said by Matt in the thread above.

The rest of the forum users don't need to see this, so for the last time: I will leave this to the admins to decide - it is their forum.
Last edited by HuddsTigers on 30 Nov 2020, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 30 Nov 2020, 20:44

old cas lass wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 20:40 Can’t comment on law, I don’t have a clue.
Don’t worry - Hudds has show that you can still comment if you don’t have a clue.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 30 Nov 2020, 20:47

old cas lass wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 20:40 Don’t think there’s any moderators left to moderate.
Obviously Casmania is still out and about too. I'd expect nothing more of you than to be squeaky clean :D

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 30 Nov 2020, 20:49

HuddsTigers wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 20:44 As I've said, I'll leave it upto the mods to decide (I said this two or three posts ago) and yet you are trying to carry it on. If you have nothing to worry about and I am wrong, what's the issue?
The issue is the way you try to dictate what people can and can’t say. And when challenged, spout incorrect information in an attempt to justify this.
Why not just use the report function if you think there is an issue, rather than trying to tell people what they should and shouldn’t say?

Easy Tiger 2
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Easy Tiger 2 » 30 Nov 2020, 20:51

nottinghamtiger wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 20:44
old cas lass wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 20:40 Can’t comment on law, I don’t have a clue.
Don’t worry - Hudds has show that you can still comment if you don’t have a clue.
He has to have the last word, you’ll get used to it!!!

On topic, I think our recruitment is done but good luck to Ashworth, good player and hope he sorts his off field problems

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 30 Nov 2020, 20:57

Easy Tiger 2 wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 20:51
He’s said he won’t comment further, so we’ll soon see if you’re right!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 30 Nov 2020, 20:57

nottinghamtiger wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 20:49
HuddsTigers wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 20:44 As I've said, I'll leave it upto the mods to decide (I said this two or three posts ago) and yet you are trying to carry it on. If you have nothing to worry about and I am wrong, what's the issue?
The issue is the way you try to dictate what people can and can’t say. And when challenged, spout incorrect information in an attempt to justify this.
Why not just use the report function if you think there is an issue, rather than trying to tell people what they should and shouldn’t say?
I don't believe I am wrong. You believe I am. Your opinion, my view.

I never dictated to anyone. I merely pointed out the case is sub-judice and the posts were too close to the line. I then requested mods to take a look.

You have got all offended and aggressive because you have taken it as some kind of personal attack, when it isn't anything close to that. I apologise if you felt like that, but as I've repeated now several times, the forum comes first and we have to look out for each other when it comes to posts. I did report it as well. I haven't demanded to see your professional experience since I'm not that petty though if you have legal expertise and have attended a law school, fair enough. It doesn't matter to me, your view is your view though I'd be more inclined to bear that in mind.

Anyway, this is going to be my last post on the thread because it is going in circles.
Last edited by HuddsTigers on 30 Nov 2020, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 30 Nov 2020, 20:58

nottinghamtiger wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 20:57
Easy Tiger 2 wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 20:51
He’s said he won’t comment further, so we’ll soon see if you’re right!
You were right!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 30 Nov 2020, 21:12

HuddsTigers wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 20:47
old cas lass wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 20:40 Don’t think there’s any moderators left to moderate.
Obviously Casmania is still out and about too. I'd expect nothing more of you than to be squeaky clean :D
Got two parking tickets many years ago.
Does that count.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 30 Nov 2020, 21:14

HuddsTigers wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 20:57
nottinghamtiger wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 20:49
I don't believe I am wrong. You believe I am. Your opinion, my view.

I never dictated to anyone. I merely pointed out the case is sub-judice and the posts were too close to the line. I then requested mods to take a look.

You have got all offended and aggressive because you have taken it as some kind of personal attack, when it isn't anything close to that. I apologise if you felt like that, but as I've repeated now several times, the forum comes first and we have to look out for each other when it comes to posts. I did report it as well. I haven't demanded to see your professional experience since I'm not that petty though if you have legal expertise and have attended a law school, fair enough. It doesn't matter to me, your view is your view though I'd be more inclined to bear that in mind.

Anyway, this is going to be my last post on the thread because it is going in circles.
Most people who are wrong don’t believe they are wrong, I suppose. It’s just the way of the world.
You did try to dictate. You tried to dictate what people write on here and what the moderators should do. This was based on your lack of understanding about sub justice/judice.
I wasn’t offended in the least though. I’m just in a position to highlight the inaccuracies in your posts. I guess I’m predisposed to a rather determined, persistent and direct (some might say aggressive) form of argument that can make it seem like I’m offended, but be assured that I really wasn’t. Nor did I take your comments as a personal attack. They really weren’t; they were just inaccurate.