Joel Tomkins

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Joel Tomkins

Post by laner » 13 Nov 2020, 22:53

Ex rugby involved person thinks Tomkins could be in trouble after tonight’s game

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Joel Tomkins

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 Nov 2020, 23:19

laner wrote: 13 Nov 2020, 22:53 Ex rugby involved person thinks Tomkins could be in trouble after tonight’s game
Anyone who watched the game thinks the same.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 13 Nov 2020, 23:44

Deffo in trouble.
I would think he’ll cop a ban.
Deserves what he gets, he’s an idiot.

pete27

Post by pete27 » 15 Nov 2020, 18:46

What about Mcallorum he should be band as well after his stiff arm to the head of Dwyer and of course the ref kendal did not do a thing about it he never even put him on report

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Nov 2020, 19:35

Said that on here yesterday stiff arm with a clenched fist then tries and pretends it's nothing by dragging him up while he's bleeding
Even if both touch judges and the ref somehow missed it hicks had plenty of time to see what happened while the guy was on the floor bleeding
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 16 Nov 2020, 11:22

pete27 wrote: 15 Nov 2020, 18:46 What about Mcallorum he should be band as well after his stiff arm to the head of Dwyer and of course the ref kendal did not do a thing about it he never even put him on report
Cats can use the same thing dwyer did when he smashed his forearm and elbow into macca causing a big cut.

"Player goes into tackle, but stumbles as he does so and
leads with arm to regain balance, catching opponent in face,
contact accidental, therefore no case to answer."

So player being tackled stumbles and is hit high, no case to answer.

What goes around comes around.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 16 Nov 2020, 12:48

Absolutely

Ladytiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ladytiger » 16 Nov 2020, 15:42

Don’t disagree what goes around comes around but it’s not right we automatically come to this.. at the end of the day the most worrying thing is these incidents on the field are getting missedby all the officials because they are not good enough.. The odd thing in a game gets missed but when it’s so blatant there’s no excuse and as fans that’s why we are getting frustrated

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 16 Nov 2020, 17:27

Ladytiger wrote: 16 Nov 2020, 15:42 Don’t disagree what goes around comes around but it’s not right we automatically come to this.. at the end of the day the most worrying thing is these incidents on the field are getting missedby all the officials because they are not good enough.. The odd thing in a game gets missed but when it’s so blatant there’s no excuse and as fans that’s why we are getting frustrated
I'm not sure how these 'assaults' are covered by the rules but the Ref clearly asked Myler if he wanted to make a formal complaint, which he declined.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Nov 2020, 18:27

Two grubs... never forget how the (Removed)broke Dixon's jaw with a cheap shot
Vince Lombardi

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 16 Nov 2020, 18:29

Tomkins and McIlorum's high shot I expected but what's Mc's Grade F charge relate to? Did he do a 'Hopoate' as well?

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 16 Nov 2020, 19:42

Ladytiger wrote: 16 Nov 2020, 15:42 Don’t disagree what goes around comes around but it’s not right we automatically come to this.. at the end of the day the most worrying thing is these incidents on the field are getting missedby all the officials because they are not good enough.. The odd thing in a game gets missed but when it’s so blatant there’s no excuse and as fans that’s why we are getting frustrated
We've suffered more than any other team this year from ref incompetence and the players should have been sent off.

I struggle with the idea that they will go to the screen to see how to restart a game but with foul play it's if the video ref fancies mentioning it. They have so the tools to say "whilst the game is stopped you have a high tackle etc...." And then detailing the incident. But it's unclear why they do with some incidents and not others.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 16 Nov 2020, 19:43

Flat Capper wrote: 16 Nov 2020, 18:29 Tomkins and McIlorum's high shot I expected but what's Mc's Grade F charge relate to? Did he do a 'Hopoate' as well?
I've not been watching much after our season ended. Its a farce.

Are we looking at a double squirrel charge or at the same time (I believe that's called an orgy) ?

southporttiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by southporttiger » 16 Nov 2020, 19:46

I would imagine that is for when he tried to pull the injured Dwyer up to make him play the ball immediately, rather than having a stoppage in play. He probably expected that if the indicent was reviewed at the time he'd have received a card.

There's a similarity to what Jamie Acton did to Greg Bird when Leigh played Catalan a couple of years ago - he got a lengthy ban.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 16 Nov 2020, 19:47

Flat Capper wrote: 16 Nov 2020, 18:29 Tomkins and McIlorum's high shot I expected but what's Mc's Grade F charge relate to? Did he do a 'Hopoate' as well?
Maybe for dragging Dwyer up after he was punched.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 17 Nov 2020, 11:10

old cas lass wrote: 16 Nov 2020, 19:47
Whilst I appreciate the serious of these actions, the fact they are not wanted and not something I wouldn't expect a fellow pro to do to another, is it really on a par with a 'squirrel' or a finger on the button?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Nov 2020, 11:19

In days gone by a player trying to drag a injured bloke to his feet would have been knocked out quickly by a couple of his team mates
Still amazes me that hicks in the video box could see nothing wrong with what happened
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 17 Nov 2020, 12:28

Flat Capper wrote: 17 Nov 2020, 11:10
old cas lass wrote: 16 Nov 2020, 19:47
Whilst I appreciate the serious of these actions, the fact they are not wanted and not something I wouldn't expect a fellow pro to do to another, is it really on a par with a 'squirrel' or a finger on the button?
Yes.
There is a clear risk of serious injury when players start to drag up a player who has an obvious head/neck injury. Imagine the further damage that could have been caused if someone had done that the Mose Masoe when he suffered his injury, or to Alex McKinnon a few years earlier.
Moving someone who has a head/neck/spinal injury can have a catastrophic and life-changing outcome. Far more so than a squirrel tackle of a finger in the wrong place.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 17 Nov 2020, 12:36

tigerfeat wrote: 17 Nov 2020, 11:19 In days gone by a player trying to drag a injured bloke to his feet would have been knocked out quickly by a couple of his team mates
Still amazes me that hicks in the video box could see nothing wrong with what happened
Sadly, I think, times have changed. Grubs like McIllorum, Connor, Smithies and Tomkins know that they aren’t going to get battered into next week whatever they do. Nor are they likely to be sent off, because our officials are inept. It’s unbelievable that we have three red card offences from one game, all missed by the on-field referees and the video-referee who can see every incident from multiple angles and multiple times.

I’m not suggesting a return to the 80s and early 90s, but when players know that they aren’t going to face any immediate consequence for the kind of grubby play we have seen over the last couple of seasons, we’ll continue to see squirrel tackles, fingers in wrong places, attacks to the knees, crusher tackles etc.

Either the officials need to get better and start red-carding the offending players, or the game needs to change the automatic red card for punching into a yellow, unless unprovoked. You can bet your life that McIllorum wouldn’t have done what he did if Jamie Peacock or Adrian Morley was on the field.