Fans allowed back at Super League games from September 30

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Fans allowed back at Super League games from September 30

Post by Burratha » 17 Sep 2020, 09:04

Hot off the Press... Taken from the Total Ruby League Website.

https://www.totalrl.com/fans-allowed-ba ... mber-30th/

Super League has been given the green light to allow 1,000 fans into four games on September 30th.

Supporters will finally be allowed back on UK terraces as four of the five scheduled games for round 14 action have been approved as pilot events to welcome supporters for the first time in over six months.

An official announcement is thought to be imminent.

Governing bodies have engaged in lengthy talks with DCMS pleading for crowds to be allowed back in from October, as was the initial plan.

An increase in Covid-19 cases had seen that prospect come into question, which resulted in RFL CEO Ralph Rimmer pleading the case of rugby league clubs desperately in need of revenue.

The RFL released a joint statement alongside The FA, Premier League, British Horseracing, ECB, LTA and RFU yesterday following a meeting with Secretary of State Oliver Dowden.

The statement read: “Today we were able to explain our extensive arrangements for how we can manage a controlled return of fans following all relevant public health guidelines. It is our firm belief that sports fans will be as safe as in other areas of activity currently permitted. We also reiterated a commitment to continue to give full assistance to the Government with Test and Trace requirements and public health messaging.”

It is hoped that more fans will be allowed into stadia following the pilot events, though a continued increase in cases could put a stop to that. Areas on the government’s watchlist are the most likely to be prevented from welcoming spectators.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Fans allowed back at Super League games from September 30

Post by old cas lass » 17 Sep 2020, 09:38

4 games.
Will these game be held at the clubs own ground or will fans have to travel. Beating the object if fans have to travel.
Also how will these 1000 fans be chosen.

Let see which clubs come out smelling of roses.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 17 Sep 2020, 09:42

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... lot-events

Events cannot take place in areas with high infection rates, which means the Salford v Warrington game will be behind closed doors.

Think this means it’ll be at the home grounds OCL

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Sep 2020, 09:49

old cas lass wrote: 17 Sep 2020, 09:38 4 games.
Will these game be held at the clubs own ground or will fans have to travel. Beating the object if fans have to travel.
Also how will these 1000 fans be chosen.

Let see which clubs come out smelling of roses.
1,000 people will be allowed in down lane for are match against Hull ...to be drawn out from 2020 season ticket holders
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Sep 2020, 09:56

Hope my name comes out of hat...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Sep 2020, 09:56

Fumper27 wrote: 17 Sep 2020, 09:42 https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... lot-events

Events cannot take place in areas with high infection rates, which means the Salford v Warrington game will be behind closed doors.

Think this means it’ll be at the home grounds OCL
Yeah just seen the statement from cas.
It’s gonna be a ballot for season ticket holders.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 17 Sep 2020, 10:01

Seems at odds with the rule of six.
Perhaps public school education doesn't cover maths and that a thousand is more than six.
Every bit helps.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 17 Sep 2020, 10:05

A ballot for season ticket holders is the correct way forward, especially as most have said keep the money.

For me, I'd go with 996 picked out and 4 kept for the NHS or key workers. Sit them in the main stand give them a copy of roar and a free brew. And yes, I would give my ticket up, if selected.

Well done Cas, hope I get picked out.

tykeneil
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tykeneil » 17 Sep 2020, 10:13

Does anyone know how many season ticket holders we.

Also suspect if you get this one (or not) they will look at others for next game if success.

A fair setting

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Sep 2020, 10:42

tykeneil wrote: 17 Sep 2020, 10:13 Does anyone know how many season ticket holders we.

Also suspect if you get this one (or not) they will look at others for next game if success.

A fair setting
I think we have just over 3000.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 17 Sep 2020, 16:49

Well said Mart here here.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 17 Sep 2020, 18:46

Just under 4000.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 18 Sep 2020, 10:18

mart0042 wrote: 17 Sep 2020, 10:05 A ballot for season ticket holders is the correct way forward, especially as most have said keep the money.

For me, I'd go with 996 picked out and 4 kept for the NHS or key workers. Sit them in the main stand give them a copy of roar and a free brew. And yes, I would give my ticket up, if selected.

How about the season ticket holders that come under the NHS/Key Worker category? Should they get a ticket automatically and then draw the remainder of the 1000 do you think?

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 18 Sep 2020, 20:44

think sponsors would be in there with a shout too.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Sep 2020, 21:20

With all the new restrictions coming in, I’m struggling to believe this is going to happen

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 19 Sep 2020, 00:01

derbystiger wrote: 18 Sep 2020, 10:18
mart0042 wrote: 17 Sep 2020, 10:05 A ballot for season ticket holders is the correct way forward, especially as most have said keep the money.

How about the season ticket holders that come under the NHS/Key Worker category? Should they get a ticket automatically and then draw the remainder of the 1000 do you think?
I think that's a great shout. It could make it more complicated though if work commitments get in the way for those key workers.

The "second wave is coming" views in the media this evening cast further doubt on the wisdom of letting fans back into any sporting event in the next couple of months.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 21 Sep 2020, 10:28

A bit hard to police that. What is a key worker? is it defined? And how do you tell? I've never been asked my occupation and so they wouldn't know.

Cas have highlighted key workers and they've been thanked on the website. It's a starter.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 21 Sep 2020, 12:30

Both my wife and I are key workers.
However love our rugby as we do.
It doesn't seem a wise choice to potentially put ourselves at additional risk either for ourselves or the impact on services if we has to isolate.
A nice gesture but we made our choices and accept the potential risks not wanting additional rewards or recognition.
Stay safe

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 21 Sep 2020, 12:33

mart0042 wrote: 21 Sep 2020, 10:28

A bit hard to police that. What is a key worker? is it defined? And how do you tell? I've never been asked my occupation and so they wouldn't know.

Cas have highlighted key workers and they've been thanked on the website. It's a starter.
To be honest, my post came across not how I intended. It was meant a little 'tongue in cheek' to be fair as I'm not a fan of all these perks for keyworkers. I say that as an owner of a company in the Health and Social care sector that has worked 7 days a week right through all this. I don't want any perks, we've done our job. I also have a mate who works at Haribo that worked right through and was classed as a keyworker - the country needs jelly sweets! So, as you say, how do you define a 'keyworker' anyway?

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 21 Sep 2020, 12:40

I'm also classed as a key worker but don't want any special treatment. Everyone should get a fair crack at the wip for the tickets. After all everyone of us will have put our hard earned money into the club one way or another.
Last edited by Nobody on 21 Sep 2020, 12:42, edited 1 time in total.
🐯 COYF!