Covid at Trinity

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Covid at Trinity

Post by baldtiger » 02 Sep 2020, 00:07

Hearing 2 players tested positive at Wakefield. Puts another spanner in the works. Much more of this and I think the season will be finished 8-[ hope all stay healthy!

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Re: Covid at Trinity

Post by Tigerwood posse » 02 Sep 2020, 12:26

Seems to me that Covid is being used to stop a slide in form, Wakefield have also run out of players and pardon my cynicism, but i'm calling bulls##t on it, i also think that Hull decided to fake Covid in order to do extra preparation in light of their massive defeat to Salford, they had a nice break and came back with a bang!! i hope the RFL are keeping an eye on any shady practices!!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 02 Sep 2020, 12:35

Nothing like a bit of scaremongering with zero evidence there Tigerwood Posse.

I know, having spoken to one of Hull’s first team squad over social media a week or so back, that the COVID-19 cases there were all genuine.

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 02 Sep 2020, 13:43

It`s getting beyond a joke now. Time to give up on this season and declare it null and void.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Sep 2020, 14:31

Ralph Rimmer said at the weekend clubs could go under, super league clubs that is even if the season continues
If the seasons called off that would be a cert
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 02 Sep 2020, 14:54

Why I've been seeing this season as a bunch of friendlies. Too many last minute changes, a stripped down fixture list and players being unable to play or clubs having to pull out due to positive tests.

I know Powell won't but I'd prefer to see us get as many younger players on the field - give them match experience and a chance to fight for a shirt number next year.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 02 Sep 2020, 18:53

There seems to be disproportionate incidences of Covid-19 among Super League players than in tge general population.
It cannot all be increased testing can it.
As football managed to complete it's fixtures with far fewer disruptions.
Is it to do their social lives.
I know they can't afford others to do their shopping and so on like footballers can and their partners may have to work etc.
If this is the case then as a household they need to adopt more rigorous regimes to protect themselves and ultimately their livelihoods.
Just as an observation.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 03 Sep 2020, 09:37

Tigerwood posse wrote: 02 Sep 2020, 12:26 Seems to me that Covid is being used to stop a slide in form, Wakefield have also run out of players and pardon my cynicism, but i'm calling bulls##t on it, i also think that Hull decided to fake Covid in order to do extra preparation in light of their massive defeat to Salford, they had a nice break and came back with a bang!! i hope the RFL are keeping an eye on any shady practices!!
Load of rubbish, some fans were calling for last weeks game to be postponed but our club came out and stated that Trinity would do everything possible to make sure our game was played. As I understand it the GPS is used to track players and see how much contact players have had with players who have later contracted Covid. Times are hard so don’t try and fabricate stories. And as an aside the “standing Down players” for better results isn’t working is it, we’ve had 96 points scored against us in two games, failed to score a point in two consecutive games and that hasn’t happened (apparently) for over a century so your idea is pretty flawed. :)