Bateman

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Bateman

Post by daytona » 03 Jul 2020, 17:23

You’d have to admit Bateman returning is a massive coup for the pies as well a super league. I think he’s box office personally who plays right on the very edge With everything he does. I love watching him play. He’s clearly homesick and Wigan always had first dibs on him if he returned. What does surprise me though is how they can afford his wages. They are losing money hand over fist and Lenegan is constantly pumping massive amounts of money into them as loans. The owners of their ground is in the process of going bust, there players are taking the biggest pay cut in the league apart from Hull Kr and one of the main sponsors shearings has gone bust. Could they be another Bradford in the making or will lenagan keep piling money in?

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 03 Jul 2020, 18:00

Burgess and Hastings are their marquee players. If hastings goes, who plays half back with the soon to be retired leuluai. French is playing full back and zak at centre.
Move French to stand off and zak to fullback, who plays centre.

They'll find a way of sorting it, like inglis playing for peanuts at wire and radlinski playing for free.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Jul 2020, 18:05

I agree with Notts obviously he's a super player but if there losing Hastings Gildart tipped to go to NRL Sol retiring Burgess looked useless before Covid hit ...owner might need put another half million in keep there support happy
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 03 Jul 2020, 18:29

Thought he would want to be nearer to his daughter. Good call on his part

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 03 Jul 2020, 19:50

mart0042 wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 18:00 Burgess and Hastings are their marquee players. If hastings goes, who plays half back with the soon to be retired leuluai. French is playing full back and zak at centre.
Move French to stand off and zak to fullback, who plays centre.

They'll find a way of sorting it, like inglis playing for peanuts at wire and radlinski playing for free.
They’ve got too much money tied up in non-pivotal positions in my view.
French has never been a half back. He’s got to have clear space in front of him to be effective, so he’s either at full-back or on the wing.
Not sure where they’ll go with halves. It’s likely they will lose both Leuluai and Hastings. There’s talk of Benji Marshall, but he’ll want marquee money you’d think. Harry Smith is highly rated, but he’s very young. They could end up with a real problem in the halves next season.
Added to that, Sam Powell is average at best.
And added to that, their props are pretty poor.
They’ll struggle to finish in the top four next year.
Cue a treble-winning season for Wigan!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 04 Jul 2020, 00:15

lurcher wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 12:55 don't think he'd have got himself an aussie agent if he was wanting to get back over here.
so what do i know. #-o
jo brand is eddie warings love child

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 04 Jul 2020, 00:24

daytona wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 17:23 You’d have to admit Bateman returning is a massive coup for the pies as well a super league. I think he’s box office personally who plays right on the very edge With everything he does. I love watching him play. He’s clearly homesick and Wigan always had first dibs on him if he returned. What does surprise me though is how they can afford his wages. They are losing money hand over fist and Lenegan is constantly pumping massive amounts of money into them as loans. The owners of their ground is in the process of going bust, there players are taking the biggest pay cut in the league apart from Hull Kr and one of the main sponsors shearings has gone bust. Could they be another Bradford in the making or will lenagan keep piling money in?
when he put £500,000 in recently he said that it had been with great difficulty this time. its uncanny how dave whelan seems to sell off his interests just before they go tets up.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 04 Jul 2020, 07:43

lurcher wrote: 04 Jul 2020, 00:15
lurcher wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 12:55 don't think he'd have got himself an aussie agent if he was wanting to get back over here.
so what do i know. #-o
I think his intention was to move to another NRL club but the offers he had were removed maybe due to his shoulder injuries Canberra had all ready spent the cap space so when he looked if he could stay on the offer him and his agent had turned down origanialy they told him no
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 05 Jul 2020, 06:14

Good player but no one's unstoppable. No matter how big how fast you can't go anywhere without your legs.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 05 Jul 2020, 06:16

Whoops sorry forgot about Douglas Harder.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 05 Jul 2020, 06:17

:P Barder I meant.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 05 Jul 2020, 07:02

Think you mean Douglas Bader 🤣🤣🤣