Grand Final Winner

Re: Wakefield trinity

Post by old cas lass » 08 Dec 2020, 13:00

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 08 Dec 2020, 13:24

That may take the shine off their new stand.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Dec 2020, 15:47

Think it will put on hold the plans for the ground till the outcome of the inquiry
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 08 Dec 2020, 21:14

nottinghamtiger wrote: 07 Oct 2020, 15:26 There is still a lot more to this than meets the eye, I suspect.
Why did WMDC loan/give Wakefield Trinity £3m to buy an asset valued at £1.5m? It just doesn’t make any sense (unless of course someone was benefiting from such a deal within WMDC).
The timing of that deal is also suspicious - literally a month before Hussain’s assets were frozen.

I think it’s fair to speculate that WMDC and the club were desperate to buy back the land because they knew exactly what was going to happen to Hussain. And because they were so desperate, they caved and paid him twice as much as it is worth. The issue is that this was public money being used to buy land at an inflated price from someone who was the subject of a police investigation.

The big question is - who was in on it with Hussain, and who else eventually profited financially from this mis-use of public money?
Didn’t think this one would end there!

https://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpr ... L6ySOqQznk

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 08 Dec 2020, 21:47

From a council tax payers perspective, I would love to know the details of the loan arrangement with the council. How many years to pay it off? At what interest rate? Have WT paid off any of the loan yet?

Far all we know it might be a tenner a week for the next 6 thousand years.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Dec 2020, 09:01

Whoever advised the club not to bid when they had a chance to buy the ground for a reasonable price and why they took that advice is the real question made no sense at all especially in a very short time they ended up paying way over the odds saying they had no option but to except the inflated price
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 09 Dec 2020, 09:10

tigerfeat wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 09:01 Whoever advised the club not to bid when they had a chance to buy the ground for a reasonable price and why they took that advice is the real question made no sense at all especially in a very short time they ended up paying way over the odds saying they had no option but to except the inflated price
That was Sir Rodney Walker, he suggested that Yorkcourt we’re going to buy BV as part of the agreement and to put in a counter bid would force the price up, Christ knows why he did that.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 09 Dec 2020, 10:20

JIN JER wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 09:10
tigerfeat wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 09:01 Whoever advised the club not to bid when they had a chance to buy the ground for a reasonable price and why they took that advice is the real question made no sense at all especially in a very short time they ended up paying way over the odds saying they had no option but to except the inflated price
That was Sir Rodney Walker, he suggested that Yorkcourt we’re going to buy BV as part of the agreement and to put in a counter bid would force the price up, Christ knows why he did that.
The theory behind that is sound enough. Problem was Yorkcourt didn’t stump up and it went to the other crook instead. The same Yorkcourt that has screwed you several times over Newmarket.

Who is it you are relying on funding wise for your current stadium upgrade again?

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 09 Dec 2020, 12:49

#wheresrodney?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

barking
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by barking » 09 Dec 2020, 13:30

Tigerade wrote: 08 Dec 2020, 21:47 From a council tax payers perspective, I would love to know the details of the loan arrangement with the council. How many years to pay it off? At what interest rate? Have WT paid off any of the loan yet?

The decision notice, which has not been made public by the council, also says there is "no business plan in place" for the running of the stadium once any redevelopment has been completed.

And it reveals that the council must be willing to evict Trinity if it fails to repay the loan, which is being charged at an interest rate of 2.5 per cent over 15 years.

Cas could work wonders on the old girl with 3 million

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 09 Dec 2020, 15:24

barking wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 13:30
Tigerade wrote: 08 Dec 2020, 21:47 From a council tax payers perspective, I would love to know the details of the loan arrangement with the council. How many years to pay it off? At what interest rate? Have WT paid off any of the loan yet?

The decision notice, which has not been made public by the council, also says there is "no business plan in place" for the running of the stadium once any redevelopment has been completed.

And it reveals that the council must be willing to evict Trinity if it fails to repay the loan, which is being charged at an interest rate of 2.5 per cent over 15 years.

Cas could work wonders on the old girl with 3 million
There is though a repayment holiday of 4 years on the loan though isn't there. They are currently paying nowt i believe.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 09 Dec 2020, 16:01

The Firm wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 10:20
The theory behind that is sound enough. Problem was Yorkcourt didn’t stump up and it went to the other crook instead. The same Yorkcourt that has screwed you several times over Newmarket.

Who is it you are relying on funding wise for your current stadium upgrade again?
Funding on the East stand is Yorkcourt I believe (and yes I know 😊)

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 09 Dec 2020, 17:02

JIN JER wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 16:01
The Firm wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 10:20

Funding on the East stand is Yorkcourt I believe (and yes I know 😊)
Yep. I wouldn't bother picking your seat just yet.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 09 Dec 2020, 17:52

Police investigation to start. Whoooops.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 24 Dec 2020, 09:38

https://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/onlin ... ab=summary

For anyone that might be interested. Or take the Mickey out of?🤣

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Dec 2020, 09:45

Wonder who will be in a new -improved ground first Cas or Wakey jinjer so many false dawns for both of us really
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 24 Dec 2020, 10:12

God knows mate but I need any bit of good news I can get my paws on this year.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 24 Dec 2020, 11:23

We'll have to wait and see.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 Jan 2021, 18:29

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 02 Jan 2021, 19:50

Hardly surprising, we are talking about Rugby League players here, not the sharpest tools in the box.