Brisbane - Sydney

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Brisbane - Sydney

Post by mdean » 04 Jun 2020, 12:45

I am watching it without sound, but what the hell is happening here? Was somethign said, have I missed something for Bris?
0-59, 4 minutes to go.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Brisbane - Sydney

Post by tigerfeat » 04 Jun 2020, 18:36

Has the teams ran out it looked like Brisbane were playing there under 18 side after that it was 50-50 in the Roosters playing well and Brisbane being garbage
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 04 Jun 2020, 18:42

Aidan Sezer to Brisbane? Apparently left Huddersfield by mutual consent.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 05 Jun 2020, 08:13

tigerfeat wrote: 04 Jun 2020, 18:36 Has the teams ran out it looked like Brisbane were playing there under 18 side after that it was 50-50 in the Roosters playing well and Brisbane being garbage

Roosters would have taken some stopping yesterday, absolutely devastating down the middle

Brett morris just seems to keep getting better

Victor Radley is gonna be some player
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Jun 2020, 08:28

Yeah there a awesome team the young forward who came on and did 50 minutes another top prospect I thought
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Jun 2020, 10:19

The role that Radley plays is what teams are going to want in there side especially with the new six to go rule
Vince Lombardi

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 05 Jun 2020, 10:36

Must be something in the air down-under - Penrith tonking Warriors now to nil.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 05 Jun 2020, 11:27

mdean wrote: 05 Jun 2020, 10:36 Must be something in the air down-under - Penrith tonking Warriors now to nil.
This was one of the issues I raised with the ‘6 to go’ rule. Teams are having to defend for such long periods of time that they are spent. We’ve seen teams having to defend three or four consecutive sets before conceding a try - and then the dominant team receives the ball back from the kick-off too! It was always going to lead to blow-out scores, with one team fatigued with no chance of clawing their way back into the game and the other team with 70%+ possession. If we keep the rule, there will be many games that are over as a contest before half time.
Personally, I’d only apply the rule once per possession, so the maximum number of rolling consecutive tackles is 12, and only then if the defending team commits an offence on the last tackle of the first set.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 05 Jun 2020, 11:58

nottinghamtiger wrote: 05 Jun 2020, 11:27
mdean wrote: 05 Jun 2020, 10:36 Must be something in the air down-under - Penrith tonking Warriors now to nil.
This was one of the issues I raised with the ‘6 to go’ rule. Teams are having to defend for such long periods of time that they are spent. We’ve seen teams having to defend three or four consecutive sets before conceding a try - and then the dominant team receives the ball back from the kick-off too! It was always going to lead to blow-out scores, with one team fatigued with no chance of clawing their way back into the game and the other team with 70%+ possession. If we keep the rule, there will be many games that are over as a contest before half time.
Personally, I’d only apply the rule once per possession, so the maximum number of rolling consecutive tackles is 12, and only then if the defending team commits an offence on the last tackle of the first set.
Surely, over the course of the next few weeks, teams will become more disciplined and cut down on their 'slowing of the ruck'? Ultimately, this will lead to a faster, more entertaining game and improve the spectacle.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Jun 2020, 12:04

Yesterday's game they were giving penaltys away like reefing ball out or not standing square where ref has to give a penalty and stop game
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 05 Jun 2020, 13:04

Flat Capper wrote: 05 Jun 2020, 11:58
nottinghamtiger wrote: 05 Jun 2020, 11:27
Surely, over the course of the next few weeks, teams will become more disciplined and cut down on their 'slowing of the ruck'? Ultimately, this will lead to a faster, more entertaining game and improve the spectacle.
I’m not sure. I don’t think some of the re-sets were players intentionally slowing the game down, but more to do with the fatigue of defending multiple sets.
I think it’s also noticeable that we’ve seen a number of penalties given for contact with the head during repeat sets. Tired players used tired technique and end up making careless tackles, and that’s not for player welfare or for the game.