Widdop

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Widdop

Post by daytona » 09 Jan 2020, 18:50

Injury curse has struck again for Gareth, ruled out for at least three matches already. Can’t help thinking Wire have made a very expensive mistake signing him. Supposedly rolled his ankle, but ten weeks at least for that type of injury seems rather excessive to me. Wonder if they are being completely honest with the fans?

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Widdop

Post by lurcher » 09 Jan 2020, 20:41

some wire fans suggesting it happened a few weeks ago but only just revealed.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Jan 2020, 20:46

lurcher wrote: 09 Jan 2020, 20:41 some wire fans suggesting it happened a few weeks ago but only just revealed.
You know when you buy a car and someone has used sellotape to stick bits together so it falls apart very quickly?
St George didn’t let Widdop leave for nothing for no reason.
Widdop isn’t moving to SL of because of his love of Northern England, or his passion for the game over here.
Warrington have been sold a duffer by St George and Widdop’s agent.

Show 'n' Go
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Show 'n' Go » 10 Jan 2020, 09:55

Picking up injuries in pre-season? Jeez, how bad are the Warrington phyiso's and S&C team? 8-[

In all seriousness, I thought at the time the signing was announced it was a risk. Widdop obviously has quality, but he's picked up some bad injuries in the last few seasons.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 10 Jan 2020, 14:41

I have no special insight and sound like an after timer now, but I did think after the shoulder injuries and the history that it was an interesting signing to throw marquee money at.
I hope he gets right and plays as a person, but equally he's at Wire so if he runs the water all year is fine by me.

Be interesting to see how he responds to the changes in the game coming to SL from NRL, I suspect because he plays for England expectations are high in Warrington but my feeling is this is no different to an Aussie national, I think it is going to be a big adjustment.