Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Toronto

Post by lurcher » 26 Nov 2019, 13:39

nottinghamtiger wrote: 24 Nov 2019, 12:41
mdean wrote: 23 Nov 2019, 15:11 I am not sure about 10th, I think it is all going to be about the start of the season how they go permanently travelling. Appreciate they're Manchester based in reality, but the "on the road" thing, if it goes well and they get points on the board early, I think they will do OK.

I would back them for 8th, I think there are a few teams who might struggle beyond their first 17 players.
I think they’ll finish bottom.
Beyond Money Bill Williams and a few other decent super league players, they have little quality and even less depth.
They said they were working up to the salary cap last year and they were using one marquee spot on Leutele. Given this, they can’t have much more flexibility in the cap to sign more players now they have used up their second marquee spot (plus 175k of the cap) on SBW and signed a couple of others.
Their way forward is to perhaps tempt union players with lucrative short-term contracts that wouldn’t count on the cap, but that’s very short-term and I doubt many of the top Union players would be keen on a one-year deal.
think they had 2 marquee players last season, leutele and lussick.
jo brand is eddie warings love child