Wonder if they did a Shaun Edwards hand shake on the deal :D
🐯 COYF!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Wigan

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Dec 2019, 17:18

nottinghamtiger wrote: 08 Dec 2019, 13:00
tigerfeat wrote: 08 Dec 2019, 12:53 He didn't seem overjoyed to be going there last season seemed to want to stay at Salford rarther than go to that scummy club
He was only ever going to Wigan for a year. He made it well-known that he was looking to move to Australia for 2020, so I was surprised he signed there in the first place. He made sure his contract had a release clause for 2021.
Perhaps he didn’t get an offer from an NRL club, but now there has been some movement over there some clubs have the cap space to sign him.
I know it’s part of the game, but I thought things seemed odd when Salford played Wigan in the semi-final. I know it was a big game and both sets of players were desperate to win, but it seemed to go a bit beyond that between Hastings and some of the Wigan players. He’s well know for having to be the “biggest fish in the pond” and needing to have his ego stroked, and he got that at Salford. He’s also got a history of falling out with other players in the squad (and coaches) when things don’t go his way. Put him together with the likes of Hardaker, French and Burgess and you’ve got quite a volatile group of players. Perhaps he’s realised he won’t be hero-worshipped like he was at Salford and that he won’t be the centre of attention in training.
Regardless, if he’s got an offer to play in the NRL, we won’t be seeing him in a Wigan shirt.
Canterbury Bulldogs I've seen ...dropped pie eaters well in it they could have gone for Sezer
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 08 Dec 2019, 18:50

tigerfeat wrote: 08 Dec 2019, 17:18
tigerfeat wrote: 08 Dec 2019, 12:53 He didn't seem overjoyed to be going there last season seemed to want to stay at Salford rarther than go to that scummy club
He was only ever going to Wigan for a year. He made it well-known that he was looking to move to Australia for 2020, so I was surprised he signed there in the first place. He made sure his contract had a release clause for 2021.
Perhaps he didn’t get an offer from an NRL club, but now there has been some movement over there some clubs have the cap space to sign him.
I know it’s part of the game, but I thought things seemed odd when Salford played Wigan in the semi-final. I know it was a big game and both sets of players were desperate to win, but it seemed to go a bit beyond that between Hastings and some of the Wigan players. He’s well know for having to be the “biggest fish in the pond” and needing to have his ego stroked, and he got that at Salford. He’s also got a history of falling out with other players in the squad (and coaches) when things don’t go his way. Put him together with the likes of Hardaker, French and Burgess and you’ve got quite a volatile group of players. Perhaps he’s realised he won’t be hero-worshipped like he was at Salford and that he won’t be the centre of attention in training.
Regardless, if he’s got an offer to play in the NRL, we won’t be seeing him in a Wigan shirt.
Canterbury Bulldogs I've seen ...dropped pie eaters well in it they could have gone for Sezer
I had sympathy with Warrington when Sandow left them in the lurch. Ditto when Segayaro did the dirty on Leeds.
However, I find it very, very hard to by sympathetic towards the Wigan club. Don’t get me wrong, I know some Wigan supporters and they are great. But I dislike the way the Wigan club goes about its business, and haven’t forgotten them breaking the cap when they were in danger of relegation by signing Dobson (who was on the verge of joining Cas) and Fielden (and also claiming Radlinski was playing for free!).
They have routinely tried to cheat the salary cap and then whined when they have been caught. When they signed Hardaker, they couldn’t help but justify it and his subsequent drink driving conviction by blaming his previous clubs for his behaviour and taking the moral high ground. This despite more Wigan players being caught drink driving and using drugs than at any other club, not to mention the infamous “rectum of Wigan” incident involving their two golden boys.
Players shouldn’t sign contracts and then just waltz off into the sunset without holding up their end of the deal. But in this case, I find it hard to by sympathetic!

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 08 Dec 2019, 19:33

I hope this is true
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 09 Dec 2019, 10:04

As much as I dislike Wigan, this whole situation just doesn't sit well with me.

Jackson Hastings owes his career to Super League, he even says without it, he was close to walking away from the game. If he knew his intentions were to go back home to play NRL and be close to his mother, then he should of done one more year with Salford then left an hero.

Wigan are well in their rights to sue.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 09 Dec 2019, 11:01

nottinghamtiger wrote: 08 Dec 2019, 18:50
tigerfeat wrote: 08 Dec 2019, 17:18
I had sympathy with Warrington when Sandow left them in the lurch. Ditto when Segayaro did the dirty on Leeds.
However, I find it very, very hard to by sympathetic towards the Wigan club. Don’t get me wrong, I know some Wigan supporters and they are great. But I dislike the way the Wigan club goes about its business, and haven’t forgotten them breaking the cap when they were in danger of relegation by signing Dobson (who was on the verge of joining Cas) and Fielden (and also claiming Radlinski was playing for free!).
They have routinely tried to cheat the salary cap and then whined when they have been caught. When they signed Hardaker, they couldn’t help but justify it and his subsequent drink driving conviction by blaming his previous clubs for his behaviour and taking the moral high ground. This despite more Wigan players being caught drink driving and using drugs than at any other club, not to mention the infamous “rectum of Wigan” incident involving their two golden boys.
Players shouldn’t sign contracts and then just waltz off into the sunset without holding up their end of the deal. But in this case, I find it hard to by sympathetic!
I'm with you. Screw Wigan

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Dec 2019, 11:02

You cant have players taking the (REMOVED ) out of your club Merrin did it at Leeds and Hastings looks likes hes about to do the same at Wigan
I thought he looked poor when he played for the Lions anyway
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 09 Dec 2019, 12:00

Like the snake did with us and his agent went unpunished, like wigan with zak and Leeds tapping up gale and Leeming.

More fool the club for having morals and being above board. We should join in, there is no punishment. And if breaking the salary cap is only a fine, we should break it to stay up if needed.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Dec 2019, 12:24

O:)
mart0042 wrote: 09 Dec 2019, 12:00 Like the snake did with us and his agent went unpunished, like wigan with zak and Leeds tapping up gale and Leeming.

More fool the club for having morals and being above board. We should join in, there is no punishment. And if breaking the salary cap is only a fine, we should break it to stay up if needed.
I dislike Wigan, but they were perfectly entitled to sign Hardaker. We had sacked him.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 09 Dec 2019, 12:43

Hastings was non existent on the tour so no great shakes for me and probably run his course to get a decent sign up somewhere and then be lazy like he showed on the tour

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 09 Dec 2019, 14:01

nottinghamtiger wrote: 09 Dec 2019, 12:24 O:)
mart0042 wrote: 09 Dec 2019, 12:00 Like the snake did with us and his agent went unpunished, like wigan with zak and Leeds tapping up gale and Leeming.

I dislike Wigan, but they were perfectly entitled to sign Hardaker. We had sacked him.
Maybe, but I'm bit 100% with the time line, but it stunk and Wigan paid us some sort of fee.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Dec 2019, 14:10

mart0042 wrote: 09 Dec 2019, 14:01
nottinghamtiger wrote: 09 Dec 2019, 12:24 O:)

Maybe, but I'm bit 100% with the time line, but it stunk and Wigan paid us some sort of fee.
I didn’t think the fee was public knowledge.
My understanding was that it was paid to avoid a legal case against Hardaker himself for BoC. No idea how much or when it was paid, but I suspect it was before his conviction for drink-driving. Once they had paid us a fee, they were never going to sack him before he even played a game.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Dec 2019, 14:20

Hardaker Solomona Garry lo we've had some beauties at Cas lately ...
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Dec 2019, 14:24

tigerfeat wrote: 09 Dec 2019, 14:20 Hardaker Solomona Garry lo we've had some beauties at Cas lately ...
Carney, Chase....

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 09 Dec 2019, 23:19

Taken from Moley on Twitter, usually spot on with his stuff.....

HASTINGS GOES COLD ON WIGAN
All is not well between English glamour club Wigan and marquee signing Jackson Hastings - before he has even played a game for his new team.

After leaving Australia with his career in tatters, the son of Roosters legend Kevin Hastings joined battlers Salford last year and rebuilt his career.

He won the Man of Steel - England's equivalent of the Dally M Medal - this year and moved to big-spenders Wigan.

But I'm hearing Hastings isn't happy with aspects of the deal and may want out.

Several NRL clubs are keen on Hastings now he has proved his worth but he is likely to stay in England - now possibly not with Wigan - before returning home in 2021.
🐯 COYF!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Dec 2019, 23:59

Nobody wrote: 09 Dec 2019, 23:19 Several NRL clubs are keen on Hastings now he has proved his worth but he is likely to stay in England - now possibly not with Wigan - before returning home in 2021.
I can’t see him playing elsewhere in SL. Unless a club can tempt Wigan with a big lump of cash of course. In reality, Hastings only has a one year contract so Wigan might be tempted by a big fee for a player who can leave for nothing at the end of the season. The only club I could see doing this is Toronto. Whether they can fit him under the salary cap is another matter.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Dec 2019, 00:11

Says on the Wigan forum he was fuming Wigan announced hed signed for them before the season ended as they'd agreed not to announce it while Salfords season was over
Vince Lombardi

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 10 Dec 2019, 09:53

tigerfeat wrote: 10 Dec 2019, 00:11 Says on the Wigan forum he was fuming Wigan announced hed signed for them before the season ended as they'd agreed not to announce it while Salfords season was over
Just like Salford did with chase

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 10 Dec 2019, 13:31

My fear with this is that Wigan will come sniffing round for Trueman.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Dec 2019, 13:45

Not to worry we got Turner ready to step in 😉
Vince Lombardi