Robert hicks

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
flood light tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Robert hicks

Post by flood light tiger » 14 Aug 2019, 18:45

Robert hicks as been a subject to death threats from a Warrington supporter according to love rugby

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Robert hicks

Post by cogito ergo sum » 14 Aug 2019, 19:04

Happened a while ago, and Hicks met with the perpetrator and the Wire chief exec.
These keyboard warriors who throw threats around to anyone they have a beef about need to understand the potential consequences. I reffed years ago before social media and the abuse then was bad enough, who would want to do it now? And without refs, no game.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 14 Aug 2019, 20:16

Every one knows that refs have their faults.
I doubt if any of us have not questioned their decisions in a less than complimentary manner.
Yet has been pointed out no ref no game.
Have to say theirs is a thankless one.
We all witnessed in the Catalan, Wire game the disrespect players show.
I like to think l am as passionate as the next fan and lack objectivity when decisions don't go our way.
But issuing death threats is beyond the pail.
So until the whistle is blown to start our match against the Fart owners whoops Far towers thank you officiated of all sports but when you miss a forward pass or any other transgression by our opposition you will once again have at least questionable eyes sight, when you miss ours your allowing good open rugby.
Yes thankless task.
But thanks all the same.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 14 Aug 2019, 20:40

Fair play to all involved for meeting up face to face and solving it. I'm just surprised it was only 1 fan that's made death threats to him (joke) :D

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 14 Aug 2019, 21:26

flood light tiger wrote:Robert hicks as been a subject to death threats from a Warrington supporter according to love rugby
Fair play to Rob. Met up with the perpetrator face to face.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 14 Aug 2019, 21:32

The comment was well over the line of what’s acceptable.
It’s fair to critical of referees. Personally, I think the quality is poor and there are some that have zero respect amongst the players and can’t manage the game.
But making threats towards them is completely unacceptable.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 14 Aug 2019, 23:01

Used to have a ref in my league, people might recognise the pre match "I don't care who wins, I will give what I see. Sometimes you might get away with one, sometimes you'll get one, but just play rugby".

I don't always like the standard of refereeing, but hated being ref in training and wouldn't do it for double my current salary. I genuinely don't believe they care who wins.

Well played Mr Hicks on this, I would like to wager the perpetrator was compliant in the face to face and should be; they used to be beer muscles, now they're thumb/keyboard muscles.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 15 Aug 2019, 12:26

It's an interst move by all involved that will have hopefully gone some way to educate the individual involved.

However, I do not like te RFL and everyone else stating that the Ref's must be respected without making reference to the fact the Ref's themselves must respect the powers they have and acknowledge they (too) often get it wrong.
Spreading the Cas gene pool