James Gavet

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

James Gavet

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 14 Aug 2019, 17:35

Newcastle nights prop looking for a big pay day in super league.
The samoan forward is still contracted to newcastle for next year but is looking at a big deal over here, 30 in october hed be good for a few years not sure if hes got any suitors yet
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: James Gavet

Post by Andrew6666 » 14 Aug 2019, 20:38

This is what I hate about bringing aged NRL players at the end of their careers - "he is looking for a big payday" - not I want to continue my career on a different continent, or in a different league. It's all about pillaging some SL club. Hope we stay well clear.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 14 Aug 2019, 20:52

I’m not sure that moving to the UK is now a “big pay-day” for most NRL players, given the huge gap between the salary cap in SL and the NRL.
Many of the average squad players in the NRL will be earning more than is on offer even at the top end of SL.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 14 Aug 2019, 23:04

nottinghamtiger wrote:I’m not sure that moving to the UK is now a “big pay-day” for most NRL players, given the huge gap between the salary cap in SL and the NRL.
Many of the average squad players in the NRL will be earning more than is on offer even at the top end of SL.
The value of the £ makes it even less attractive.

Albeit I believe the trend is to set up a company and register that to pay the player, avoiding some tax. *happens here if you self assess/Director level and can be paid as a consultant in my industry, not a crime, tax efficient not tax evading.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 15 Aug 2019, 11:15

mdean wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:I’m not sure that moving to the UK is now a “big pay-day” for most NRL players, given the huge gap between the salary cap in SL and the NRL.

Albeit I believe the trend is to set up a company and register that to pay the player, avoiding some tax. *happens here if you self assess/Director level and can be paid as a consultant in my industry, not a crime, tax efficient not tax evading.
There's one team in Yorkshire I know of that's don't this for years.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 15 Aug 2019, 11:23

The very minimum an NRL player can start on when signing for a club is $50,000.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 15 Aug 2019, 12:29

Tell thee what lad, see if tha can get a "big pay day" in Aus - best of luck ya DH.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 15 Aug 2019, 23:12

TheSheriff wrote:
mdean wrote:

There's one team in Yorkshire I know of that's don't this for years.
oh i say, :shock:
jo brand is eddie warings love child