Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Wakey to get new ground maybe

Post by JIN JER » 11 Apr 2019, 09:19

lurcher wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Oh aye ..who can hazard at a guess how this will all end up ?
Wishful thinking tigerfeat?:)
maybe based on previous history though jinj, different regime i know but thats exactly what a lot of people will be thinking. you can't really blame them if they do even though i know you've been at pains before to try and explain things. mud sticks.
As you say Lurcher we've been here before, but, I've a lot more faith in Carter than past owners. In his first season in charge he cut costs to the bone, running with a very weak squad with potential relegation. If it goes [REMOVED] up it's ce la vie, it is after all only a game/sport/pastime. But I don't think it will.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 11 Apr 2019, 16:35

Still doesn't sit well.
Local authority loaning money to a private company
Repayments at what amounts to less than the inflation rate.
I presume it is fixed for the term of the loan.
Interest rate lower than the increase in Council tax.
If l has a business in WMD and needed a loan.
I would be around at the Council office in a flash for a loan on similar terms and conditions.
Can't blame Trinity for snapping their hands off.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 11 Apr 2019, 17:55

A positive way of looking at it is if we don't get the move to Glasshoughton - then a loan of a similar amount and same interest rate over a similar pay-back period would be available to us. I recon we would only need the main stand re-building and a seating area at the railway end. A loan of 3.15 million would cover most of that IMO.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 12 Apr 2019, 09:41

With teams rarely making money, £268k.before upkeep of the ground, nevermind any rebuilding will put them in a perilous position. The upgrade of contracts will make it harder. Fifita for one.

They will need a couple of thousand extra supporters maybe to just break even. They are a likely to be at the top of their game at the moment, like us, where is that going to come from? If there's little support when times are good.then there's going to be panic later.

I'm struggling to see that the people who passed the agreement, won't be held to account later. Lending money they haven't got, against a stadium that only covers half the loan amount and to a private company that can't get a loan from normal sources due to previous bad management and no collateral. It sets a dangerous precedent.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 13 Jun 2019, 12:18

Their's will be up before ours
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 Jun 2019, 13:13

jackknife wrote:Their's will be up before ours
They won’t when none of these warehouses count towards the trigger point, which is why Wakey fans opposed this and the last one.

Belle Vue is their plan Z hence the loan they got from the council.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Jun 2019, 13:59

HuddsTigers wrote:
They won’t when none of these warehouses count towards the trigger point, which is why Wakey fans opposed this and the last one.

Plan Z? Don't be rediculous, there have only ever been two viable plans, Newmarket was A and a refurbished BV was plan B, we're stuck with BV so we'll have to sit and wait, see what comes of that.

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 13 Jun 2019, 17:05

Tigerade wrote:A positive way of looking at it is if we don't get the move to Glasshoughton - then a loan of a similar amount and same interest rate over a similar pay-back period would be available to us. I recon we would only need the main stand re-building and a seating area at the railway end. A loan of 3.15 million would cover most of that IMO.
And do you honestly believe the Wheldon Road and Princess Street End are fit for purpose in the modern world ? They would need bulldozing also .

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 Jun 2019, 17:33

JIN JER wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

Plan Z? Don't be rediculous, there have only ever been two viable plans, Newmarket was A and a refurbished BV was plan B, we're stuck with BV so we'll have to sit and wait, see what comes of that.
Bit of an exaggeration but we also have to factor in the Power Station and Thornes Park plans too. Belle Vue is/was always last resort, same as us with WR.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Jun 2019, 18:11

HuddsTigers wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

Bit of an exaggeration but we also have to factor in the Power Station and Thornes Park plans too. Belle Vue is/was always last resort, same as us with WR.
Last resort without doubt but your suggestion was there were 26 options and this was the 26th, as you say a mammoth exaggeration. :)

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 13 Jun 2019, 19:22

JIN JER wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

Last resort without doubt but your suggestion was there were 26 options and this was the 26th, as you say a mammoth exaggeration. :)
Don’t forget Balne Lane was plastered on the front of the paper as well. And the new relief road was discussed before they went for housing. And Ossett was it? They are racking up.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Jun 2019, 19:47

Clutching at straws there, another 20 plots of land to go, the link road? The link road was wholly financed by the sale of land for housing, so good try but was never an option for a ground, That was supporter speculation. Bale lane, never in a million yrs. Ossett and the Power station were that far back I can hardly remember them, we just need Carter with a hard hat on standing on a plot of land surrounded by cameras..........Oh, that's been done.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 13 Jun 2019, 21:36

JIN JER wrote:Clutching at straws there, another 20 plots of land to go, the link road? The link road was wholly financed by the sale of land for housing, so good try but was never an option for a ground, That was supporter speculation. Bale lane, never in a million yrs. Ossett and the Power station were that far back I can hardly remember them, we just need Carter with a hard hat on standing on a plot of land surrounded by cameras..........Oh, that's been done.
I can promise you the link road was discussed at the very beginning of the scheme before being ruled out as not cost viable. Balne lane had a full feasibility study carried out. And it’s not my fault if you’ve p****d away too many braincells in Wetherspoons everyday to remember the other schemes. You have had plenty though so it’s tough to remember them all.

And thanks to Yorkcourt you’ll never see Carter with a hard hat on because you’ll never get a new ground. The dead men of the championship beckon for you lot.

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 13 Jun 2019, 22:39

Not that I care much about this any more one way or the other but, the Headline here is a classic example of never believing anything you read in the papers.

The planning permission for the warehouse is NOT on land "earmarked" for the stadium.

Never let facts get in the way of a good story!
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Jun 2019, 23:21

The Firm wrote:
JIN JER wrote:Clutching at straws there, another 20 plots of land to go, the link road? The link road was wholly financed by the sale of land for housing, so good try but was never an option for a ground, That was supporter speculation. Bale lane, never in a million yrs. Ossett and the Power station were that far back I can hardly remember them, we just need Carter with a hard hat on standing on a plot of land surrounded by cameras..........Oh, that's been done.
I can promise you the link road was discussed at the very beginning of the scheme before being ruled out as not cost viable. Balne lane had a full feasibility study carried out. And it’s not my fault if you’ve p****d away too many braincells in Wetherspoons everyday to remember the other schemes. You have had plenty though so it’s tough to remember them all.

And thanks to Yorkcourt you’ll never see Carter with a hard hat on because you’ll never get a new ground. The dead men of the championship beckon for you lot.
Bang out of order, no need for personal abuse. Pretty pathetic really.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 13 Jun 2019, 23:30

JIN JER wrote:
The Firm wrote:

Truth hurts does it? You’re the one coming on here being trying and failing to be sarcastic. If you don’t like it don’t bother coming back.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 14 Jun 2019, 09:13

The Firm wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
The Firm wrote:

Truth hurts does it? You’re the one coming on here being trying and failing to be sarcastic. If you don’t like it don’t bother coming back.
Still pathetic attitude towards people, I enjoy coming on here so won't be going anywhere.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 14 Jun 2019, 10:16

JIN JER wrote:
The Firm wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
The Firm wrote:

Still pathetic attitude towards people, I enjoy coming on here so won't be going anywhere.
Not people, just you. Better get used to it then you snidey little troll.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 14 Jun 2019, 11:11

Well that escalated quickly!
I think it’s a bit harsh myself, Jinj has a good track record of posting on here & I quite like fact other fans feel they can contribute, preventing this from being a bit of an echo chamber.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".