Wakey to get new ground maybe

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Wakey to get new ground maybe

Post by mart0042 » 26 Jan 2017, 10:56

JINJER wrote:
Tigerade wrote:
Urban myth is that one one tiger. I might be a little out with figures but the general gist is the same.
WMDC bought BV off Trinity for £165K, Trinity years later paid WMDC £1, as A DEPOSIT, Trinity then paid back in (I believe) four instalments £225K, WMDC even got a little profit. Within three years of the sale the past owners (WMDC who had not done any remedial work on the floodlights) condemned our floodlights. HTH.
There seems to quite a few urban myths circulating on both sides of the common at the moment.

Another one that you might be able to dispel (or confirm) if you can please Jinge regarding the Benidorm flats. Organised by Ted but never paid for. The company who owned them came back for them but the cost of dismantling and transporting away from Belle Vue far outweighed the initial cost. Still not paid for and due to expire next season (2018). Urban myth or fact ?
Not sure on that one Tigerade, I do seem to remember something along those lines, I'll see if I can suss that one.
The expiry in 2018, as I understood it the recommended lifetime of the boxes was of a certain timespan, that maybe where the 2018 comes in, a bit like saying a boiler generally lasts 20yrs but it may work safely for 30. As a specci who only uses them for the bars, on the surface they seem in good nick, no holes, bits falling off them, we might be able to take em to Dewsbury. :)
I would suggest if the real owner put to high a price on the removal of the boxes, then wakey would struggle to find it.

JINJER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JINJER » 26 Jan 2017, 12:31

mart0042 wrote:
JINJER wrote:
Tigerade wrote:
Urban myth is that one one tiger. I might be a little out with figures but the general gist is the same.
WMDC bought BV off Trinity for £165K, Trinity years later paid WMDC £1, as A DEPOSIT, Trinity then paid back in (I believe) four instalments £225K, WMDC even got a little profit. Within three years of the sale the past owners (WMDC who had not done any remedial work on the floodlights) condemned our floodlights. HTH.
There seems to quite a few urban myths circulating on both sides of the common at the moment.

Another one that you might be able to dispel (or confirm) if you can please Jinge regarding the Benidorm flats. Organised by Ted but never paid for. The company who owned them came back for them but the cost of dismantling and transporting away from Belle Vue far outweighed the initial cost. Still not paid for and due to expire next season (2018). Urban myth or fact ?
Not sure on that one Tigerade, I do seem to remember something along those lines, I'll see if I can suss that one.
The expiry in 2018, as I understood it the recommended lifetime of the boxes was of a certain timespan, that maybe where the 2018 comes in, a bit like saying a boiler generally lasts 20yrs but it may work safely for 30. As a specci who only uses them for the bars, on the surface they seem in good nick, no holes, bits falling off them, we might be able to take em to Dewsbury. :)
I would suggest if the real owner put to high a price on the removal of the boxes, then wakey would struggle to find it.

JINJER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JINJER » 26 Jan 2017, 12:41

mart0042 wrote:
JINJER wrote:
Tigerade wrote:

Messed that last quote up! As far as I understand Trinity own everything from the ground upwards so ultimately they are ours. The big giveaway was the :D , it was done tongue in cheek! I can't imagine it would be cost effective to even entertain the idea. Might look nice at Glashoughton? :roll:

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 26 Jan 2017, 13:44

JINJER wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
JINJER wrote:
Tigerade wrote:

Messed that last quote up! As far as I understand Trinity own everything from the ground upwards so ultimately they are ours. The big giveaway was the :D , it was done tongue in cheek! I can't imagine it would be cost effective to even entertain the idea. Might look nice at Glashoughton? :roll:
They'd make great site offices for the build. You might have something there.

JINJER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JINJER » 26 Jan 2017, 13:46

£17,000,000 will sort it.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 26 Jan 2017, 22:44

I've heard that yorkcourt have flipped the s106 agreement and don't have to build any units now. instead all they have to do is build a long wall and when its finished mexico will pay for the new stadium.
to be called the trumpety trump trinity stadium. :liar: :lol:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 28 Jan 2017, 01:10

I'd say some of the stuff that is getting put on the Wakey site could be construed as libelous. I hope somebody with his ear points Mr Box in the direction of them, might make things interesting.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 28 Jan 2017, 02:08

The Firm wrote:I'd say some of the stuff that is getting put on the Wakey site could be construed as libelous. I hope somebody with his ear points Mr Box in the direction of them, might make things interesting.
I think if he hasn't already seen it mate some will be pointing him in that direction.
can't tar all their fans with the same brush though just the same as ours.
some do realise that York court whilst not really doing any thing illegal have had no shame in shafting them for a profit. one of these days when I've got time i'll put a long post on here about what I really think has gone on.

JINJER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JINJER » 28 Jan 2017, 12:15

lurcher wrote:
The Firm wrote:I'd say some of the stuff that is getting put on the Wakey site could be construed as libelous. I hope somebody with his ear points Mr Box in the direction of them, might make things interesting.
I think if he hasn't already seen it mate some will be pointing him in that direction.
can't tar all their fans with the same brush though just the same as ours.
some do realise that York court whilst not really doing any thing illegal have had no shame in shafting them for a profit. one of these days when I've got time i'll put a long post on here about what I really think has gone on.
Do it, do it, do it!
:D

JINJER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JINJER » 28 Jan 2017, 12:27

I think you're right the Firm, bringing it out into the public domain would make it very interesting.
I'd guess he'll have been pointed in the right direction without a shadow of doubt.
If I was in his shoes, and absolutely certain I'd done nothing untoward I'd be issuing warnings, be it through the press or through the courts warning of future repercussions, these accusations have been circling for a long time, he's been accused many a time in interviews, E mails etc of people's accusations..........But he's taken not action whatsoever, I've met the guy a few times and seems, shall we say "forthright".
I'm very surprised he hasn't taken the bull by the horns, unless he's less than confident, he/they may well be found to have legally done nothing untoward , but morally? Who knows, but it would be nice to have an investigation of some sort, put the whole sorry mess to bed.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 28 Jan 2017, 13:40

JINJER wrote:
I think you're right the Firm, bringing it out into the public domain would make it very interesting.
I'd guess he'll have been pointed in the right direction without a shadow of doubt.
If I was in his shoes, and absolutely certain I'd done nothing untoward I'd be issuing warnings, be it through the press or through the courts warning of future repercussions, these accusations have been circling for a long time, he's been accused many a time in interviews, E mails etc of people's accusations..........But he's taken not action whatsoever, I've met the guy a few times and seems, shall we say "forthright".
I'm very surprised he hasn't taken the bull by the horns, unless he's less than confident, he/they may well be found to have legally done nothing untoward , but morally? Who knows, but it would be nice to have an investigation of some sort, put the whole sorry mess to bed.
I have to agree the time has come to either put up or shut up, from both sides point of view. But what you say could be flipped and it could be asked if Wakey are so confident they have been wronged then why have they waited so long to take action when time is very much not on their side given the state of Belle Vue? A lack of conviction in their accusations maybe? I'd say the reality is that it is a case of both sides keeping their powder dry for now whilst building up a case.

JINJER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JINJER » 28 Jan 2017, 14:03

The Firm wrote:
JINJER wrote:
I have to agree the time has come to either put up or shut up, from both sides point of view. But what you say could be flipped and it could be asked if Wakey are so confident they have been wronged then why have they waited so long to take action when time is very much not on their side given the state of Belle Vue? A lack of conviction in their accusations maybe? I'd say the reality is that it is a case of both sides keeping their powder dry for now whilst building up a case.
Possibly yes, but I'm more of the theory that we haven't got the cash for a court battle and are hoping Yorkcourt do the honourable thing, long shot I'm sure. Pretty sure MC and CB don't really want to poke the wasps nest in the hopes that Yorkcourt come up with a deal of some sorts. I'm not up on all things planning but this genuinely has a horrible stench to it, morally if not legally, underhand dealings, meetings in dark rooms etc etc. Something doesn't add up.
Bigalf seems to have his ear to the ground regarding such things, it'd be interesting ( with his impartial, as much as he can be, goggles on) to see his take on this.

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 28 Jan 2017, 22:20

#WheresRodney
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 29 Jan 2017, 18:55

alcasfan wrote:#WheresRodney
Is he busy making something amusing out of the empty brown envelopes? :-k

Anyway one poster on their rlfans page seems very confident they will get "what they were promised".

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 30 Jan 2017, 11:12

duke street 10 wrote:
alcasfan wrote:#WheresRodney
Is he busy making something amusing out of the empty brown envelopes? :-k

Anyway one poster on their rlfans page seems very confident they will get "what they were promised".
I wouldn't be holding my breath of I was them. No one's builds a stadium for nothing. I can see yorkcourt or whoever paying a sum towards bv being updated but only if it suits them and 88m who own it.

Is been said that you have to hope yorkcourt have morals, there is morals in business. It's about the profit. Don't get me wrong there are the occasional oddities bit they tend to be fans with money.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 30 Jan 2017, 20:55

If WTW go to court and Yorkcourt and/or WMDC are proved to be in the wrong what will they get out of it ? The trigger point is still not in reach and either party will make it even harder for the club to get the community stadium they long for. Other than bringing it into the public domain (which most of the Wakefield public couldn't care less about anyway) going to court will be throwing good money down the drain. It's a bluff to see who blinks first.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 31 Jan 2017, 12:45

There's no winners. You don't get something for nothing. Cas has lost green belt but will gain much needed jobs.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 31 Jan 2017, 19:24

mart0042 wrote:There's no winners. You don't get something for nothing. Cas has lost green belt but will gain much needed jobs.
That has been offset by the sites of wheldale colliery and fryston colliery being returned to green belt. some pleasant walking over there now

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 01 Feb 2017, 11:19

lurcher wrote:
mart0042 wrote:There's no winners. You don't get something for nothing. Cas has lost green belt but will gain much needed jobs.
That has been offset by the sites of wheldale colliery and fryston colliery being returned to green belt. some pleasant walking over there now
It would depend where you live. If I lived on spital Hardwick Lane it would be great. But I would suggest all aren't happy.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 02 Feb 2017, 23:13

I know what you mean matt but the plans show that footpaths are being re-instated on the country park at that end of the site.