Wakey to get new ground maybe

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Wakey to get new ground maybe

Post by JIN JER » 13 Jun 2019, 23:21

The Firm wrote:
JIN JER wrote:Clutching at straws there, another 20 plots of land to go, the link road? The link road was wholly financed by the sale of land for housing, so good try but was never an option for a ground, That was supporter speculation. Bale lane, never in a million yrs. Ossett and the Power station were that far back I can hardly remember them, we just need Carter with a hard hat on standing on a plot of land surrounded by cameras..........Oh, that's been done.
I can promise you the link road was discussed at the very beginning of the scheme before being ruled out as not cost viable. Balne lane had a full feasibility study carried out. And it’s not my fault if you’ve p****d away too many braincells in Wetherspoons everyday to remember the other schemes. You have had plenty though so it’s tough to remember them all.

And thanks to Yorkcourt you’ll never see Carter with a hard hat on because you’ll never get a new ground. The dead men of the championship beckon for you lot.
Bang out of order, no need for personal abuse. Pretty pathetic really.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 13 Jun 2019, 23:30

JIN JER wrote:
The Firm wrote:
JIN JER wrote:Clutching at straws there, another 20 plots of land to go, the link road? The link road was wholly financed by the sale of land for housing, so good try but was never an option for a ground, That was supporter speculation. Bale lane, never in a million yrs. Ossett and the Power station were that far back I can hardly remember them, we just need Carter with a hard hat on standing on a plot of land surrounded by cameras..........Oh, that's been done.
I can promise you the link road was discussed at the very beginning of the scheme before being ruled out as not cost viable. Balne lane had a full feasibility study carried out. And it’s not my fault if you’ve p****d away too many braincells in Wetherspoons everyday to remember the other schemes. You have had plenty though so it’s tough to remember them all.

And thanks to Yorkcourt you’ll never see Carter with a hard hat on because you’ll never get a new ground. The dead men of the championship beckon for you lot.
Truth hurts does it? You’re the one coming on here being trying and failing to be sarcastic. If you don’t like it don’t bother coming back.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 14 Jun 2019, 09:13

The Firm wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
The Firm wrote:

Truth hurts does it? You’re the one coming on here being trying and failing to be sarcastic. If you don’t like it don’t bother coming back.
Still pathetic attitude towards people, I enjoy coming on here so won't be going anywhere.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 14 Jun 2019, 10:16

JIN JER wrote:
The Firm wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
The Firm wrote:

Still pathetic attitude towards people, I enjoy coming on here so won't be going anywhere.
Not people, just you. Better get used to it then you snidey little troll.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 14 Jun 2019, 11:11

Well that escalated quickly!
I think it’s a bit harsh myself, Jinj has a good track record of posting on here & I quite like fact other fans feel they can contribute, preventing this from being a bit of an echo chamber.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 14 Jun 2019, 11:26

steadygetyerboots-on wrote:Well that escalated quickly!
I think it’s a bit harsh myself, Jinj has a good track record of posting on here & I quite like fact other fans feel they can contribute, preventing this from being a bit of an echo chamber.
The bloke has more faces than the town hall clock!

Anyway I will though leave it there, stop the thread deteriorating any further. Good luck to Wakey in their quest for a stadium, they are going to need it.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 14 Jun 2019, 18:21

Wakey got a £3.15 Million loan from the council and are still knocking Peter Box and Co on their forum. Am I right in saying that this money has now gone directly to Manni Hussain - the previous owner of Belle Vue ? If so, were is the money coming from for the planned upgrade of the stadium ?

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 Jun 2019, 23:29

steadygetyerboots-on wrote:Well that escalated quickly!
always thought jinj was pretty honest myself.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 15 Jun 2019, 07:31

Jinj usually gives balanced and interesting contributions

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 17 Jun 2019, 10:08

Tigerade wrote:Wakey got a £3.15 Million loan from the council and are still knocking Peter Box and Co on their forum. Am I right in saying that this money has now gone directly to Manni Hussain - the previous owner of Belle Vue ? If so, were is the money coming from for the planned upgrade of the stadium ?
They now have a 3.15m mortgage and are spending big on the salary cap. They'll have to borrow to rebuild, since they could only get expensive loans, thus borrowing from the council, where are they getting the rest from?

I can't see the council risking anymore of their rateplayers money on it tbh. The rebuild costs will be huge I would imagine. The seated stand has to go, the benidorm flats only have a limited life expectancy and the side they put us in is just the worst. It won't be a 5m fix as you have to work in the cost to demolish and remove prior to build on 2 sides.

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 17 Jun 2019, 11:37

Dont think cost to demolish will be much :lol: :lol:

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 17 Jun 2019, 13:07

Your probably right, a bit like our main stand. A pity much of it is not reusable.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 17 Jun 2019, 23:13

lost track of it all but they do seem to have been shaftd again with the latest application being passed

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 07 Dec 2019, 17:09

Looks like a joint venture with Wakefield AFC to get the ball rolling financially. Looking a a hybrid pitch but there could be a snag..........Sir Rodney Walker...........

https://twitter.com/officialgazb/status ... 2778457088

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 08 Dec 2019, 00:48

#]wheres rodney

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Dec 2019, 10:27

What does hybrid pitch mean ?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 08 Dec 2019, 10:53

tigerfeat wrote: 08 Dec 2019, 10:27 What does hybrid pitch mean ?
Same as widnes at a guess
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 08 Dec 2019, 12:39

My sphincter always twitches when Rodders name crops up..:)

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 08 Dec 2019, 12:41

tigerfeat wrote: 08 Dec 2019, 10:27 What does hybrid pitch mean ?
A quick GOOGLE.
Hybrid grass or reinforced natural grass is a product created by combining natural grass with synthetic reinforcing fibres. It is used for stadium pitches and training pitches, used for association football, rugby, American football, golf and baseball. Reinforced natural grass can also be used for events and concerts.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Dec 2019, 12:50

How did we all live before GOOGLE ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi