All Amateur RL in Here.

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
User avatar
tigerman1
Luke Gale
Posts: 3628
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:58 pm
Location: somewhere between here and there

Post by tigerman1 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:44 pm

thats all well and good Normy if you can get enough players most of the teams ive seen this year would struggle to provide a full team and even less a side with a few replacements
A win a win my kingdom for a win

AVM a much misunderstood and unknown condition http://www.avmsupport.org.uk/

I wished my bank balance was a big as our points against

have you ever seen comical Ali and RW in the same room... didnt think so.

open your mind but especially your eyes

braytontiger
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4889
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:17 am

Post by braytontiger » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:47 pm

ive just heared tonight that the rfl have stepped in and decided to let the u9s coaches vote on what rules they will play for the remainder of the season,and after 19 teams submitted their vote it favoured playing to mod rules for the rest of the season although next years u9s will start and finish playing mini league rules.

User avatar
tigerman1
Luke Gale
Posts: 3628
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:58 pm
Location: somewhere between here and there

Post by tigerman1 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:11 pm

its bonkers it truely is
A win a win my kingdom for a win

AVM a much misunderstood and unknown condition http://www.avmsupport.org.uk/

I wished my bank balance was a big as our points against

have you ever seen comical Ali and RW in the same room... didnt think so.

open your mind but especially your eyes

User avatar
Normy Knight
Kevin Ward
Posts: 8407
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Chilling.

Post by Normy Knight » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:07 am

tigerman1 wrote:its bonkers it truely is
Hence, my opinion is go to the 13 a side game with normal rules, the same as the Aussies.

We only took on mini-mod rugby because the Aussie's did, then they sacked it because it does'nt work.

HELLO, RFL and BARLA.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.
http://www.normantonknights.co.uk

casyorkie
Dean Widders
Posts: 394
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:32 am

Post by casyorkie » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:05 am

Does anyone know if the Lock lane v Queens was played last night.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Kevin Ward
Posts: 8267
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:14 pm
Location: Castleford
Contact:

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:20 pm

casyorkie wrote:Does anyone know if the Lock lane v Queens was played last night.
22-20 to Lock Lane and yet another fight, can't remember who started it though.

braytontiger
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4889
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:17 am

Post by braytontiger » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:25 pm

it was derby day for cas panthers and lock lane u8s and u9s has the two locked horns and it was a double delight for the panthers has the u8s won at lock lane 5 tries to 2.

while the u9s finished cas panthers 34 lock lane 16.

happy days :D

User avatar
cvtiger
Danny Orr
Posts: 1171
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:47 pm
Location: ...waiting at the gates to the promised land, that being Glasshoughton.....well near to there now.
Contact:

Post by cvtiger » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:51 pm

Well done to Brayton Junior, I'm sure the coach got his way and you were wrapped up and in bed before 9pm.

Keep up the good work.

CV
Image
'Bring on Dennis, Boxing Day 2018 and his words of wisdom'

User avatar
marshman
Luke Gale
Posts: 3201
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:38 pm
Location: WRE

Post by marshman » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:53 pm

Well done to the Panthers kids. Bragging rights at school this week. :lol:

Not updated on here Townville Tigers under 8's results for a few weeks, but they still remain unbeaten this year. Last week we beat Beeston Broncos 10-1 and today we beat Oulton Invaders 10-2. My personel thoughts are that they should be in a higher league but since we only joined the Yorkshire league this year we're having to start at the bottom, which is fair enough. I would guess we would hold our own in the top division with the likes of Panthers and Lock Lane (who we actually beat a few weeks back) but to be put straight in there would be wrong, but at least division 2, so that it benefits our kids and doesn't put off the other teams kids we play.

braytontiger
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4889
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:17 am

Post by braytontiger » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:07 pm

braytontiger wrote:it was derby day for cas panthers and lock lane u8s and u9s has the two locked horns and it was a double delight for the panthers has the u8s won at lock lane 5 tries to 2.

while the u9s finished cas panthers 34 lock lane 16.

happy days :D
it must have worked he won the man of the match scored 4 tries and kicked his conversion.

braytontiger
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4889
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:17 am

Post by braytontiger » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:10 pm

marshman wrote:Well done to the Panthers kids. Bragging rights at school this week. :lol:

Not updated on here Townville Tigers under 8's results for a few weeks, but they still remain unbeaten this year. Last week we beat Beeston Broncos 10-1 and today we beat Oulton Invaders 10-2. My personel thoughts are that they should be in a higher league but since we only joined the Yorkshire league this year we're having to start at the bottom, which is fair enough. I would guess we would hold our own in the top division with the likes of Panthers and Lock Lane (who we actually beat a few weeks back) but to be put straight in there would be wrong, but at least division 2, so that it benefits our kids and doesn't put off the other teams kids we play.
it is very frustrating not playing the right teams to give you a game and the kids learn nothing winning very easy every week,im sure come summer when you go to the festivals it will get a little tougher has it starts to even up as you get towards the end of the year.

still great to hear other cas teams doing well.

User avatar
marshman
Luke Gale
Posts: 3201
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:38 pm
Location: WRE

Post by marshman » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:22 pm

Yeah we spoke about that briefly at the Hull game. Oulton weren't a bad side to be honest and gave us a good game despite the scoreline. Last week was all stop start while the other team sorted out bumps and bruises continuously. If we carry on like this each week it'll get boring and won't do any good for our kids. I also feel for the opposition kids at times. You can't tell our side to go easy on them and they hit them hard and score whenever they get chance.

I look forward to the festivals. Will be good to see some of the other top sides from the area, especially the Cas sides. Plenty of Cas players for the future me thinks.

User avatar
Normy Knight
Kevin Ward
Posts: 8407
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Chilling.

Post by Normy Knight » Tue May 05, 2009 8:33 pm

Yorkshire Combination Youth League, Under 18s Premier Division
At 14.04.09

PREMIER DIVISION P W D L Pts
Stanley Rangers 18 15 1 2 31
Queens 16 13 0 3 26
Milford Marlins 16 11 0 5 22
Wibsey Juniors 13 8 1 4 17
Shaw Cross Sharks 14 7 0 7 14
Victoria Gladiators 13 6 1 6 13
Normanton Knights 16 6 0 10 12
Castleford Lock Lane 15 4 1 10 9
Castleford Panthers 18 3 0 15 6
Stanningley 15 2 0 13 4
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.
http://www.normantonknights.co.uk

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Kevin Ward
Posts: 8267
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:14 pm
Location: Castleford
Contact:

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » Tue May 05, 2009 9:14 pm

Normy Knight wrote:Yorkshire Combination Youth League, Under 18s Premier Division
At 14.04.09

PREMIER DIVISION P W D L Pts
Stanley Rangers 18 15 1 2 31
Queens 16 13 0 3 26
Milford Marlins 16 11 0 5 22
Wibsey Juniors 13 8 1 4 17
Shaw Cross Sharks 14 7 0 7 14
Victoria Gladiators 13 6 1 6 13
Normanton Knights 16 6 0 10 12
Castleford Lock Lane 15 4 1 10 9
Castleford Panthers 18 3 0 15 6
Stanningley 15 2 0 13 4
lol thats wrong we only played 12 games before we folded and still had Wibsey away, Milford away, Queens away, Stanningley away, Stanley away and Brad Vic away to play, so definately inaccurate.

User avatar
Normy Knight
Kevin Ward
Posts: 8407
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Chilling.

Post by Normy Knight » Tue May 05, 2009 9:28 pm

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
Normy Knight wrote:Yorkshire Combination Youth League, Under 18s Premier Division
At 14.04.09

PREMIER DIVISION P W D L Pts
Stanley Rangers 18 15 1 2 31
Queens 16 13 0 3 26
Milford Marlins 16 11 0 5 22
Wibsey Juniors 13 8 1 4 17
Shaw Cross Sharks 14 7 0 7 14
Victoria Gladiators 13 6 1 6 13
Normanton Knights 16 6 0 10 12
Castleford Lock Lane 15 4 1 10 9
Castleford Panthers 18 3 0 15 6
Stanningley 15 2 0 13 4
lol thats wrong we only played 12 games before we folded and still had Wibsey away, Milford away, Queens away, Stanningley away, Stanley away and Brad Vic away to play, so definately inaccurate.
All those teams would have been given the points mate.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.
http://www.normantonknights.co.uk

Post Reply